NFL Waiver Wire: Released Players Who Will Quickly Find New Teams

basstapp

Reaction score
In our scheme, you are dead wrong.

He is tailor suited to play Mike in our scheme.

The falcons are about as bad as we are on defense. They have a pretty good secondary, but there front 7 is pretty embarrassing. They cut angerer because he doesn't trust his knee or he is still hurt. We shall call him Derek Rose.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
You're right.

He's tailor suited to play Mike in this scheme... if you want someone who isn't very good.

You're harsh Winicki. I don't know that much about him but he had a good reputation with the Colts he just always got injured much like our MLB.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You're harsh Winicki. I don't know that much about him but he had a good reputation with the Colts he just always got injured much like our MLB.

He managed to play 500 snaps last season and was generally bad.

He played 350 snaps in 2012 and was... bad.

He played 1,000 snaps in 2011 and was a bit better than bad. But he still wasn't even considered "average" at the position.

He's never been a good player and at this point is unlikely to be a good one. R. McClain has a much higher ceiling (not to mention was a better player) and Durant who's been a better player.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
He managed to play 500 snaps last season and was generally bad.

He played 350 snaps in 2012 and was... bad.

He played 1,000 snaps in 2011 and was a bit better than bad. But he still wasn't even considered "average" at the position.

He's never been a good player and at this point is unlikely to be a good one. R. McClain has a much higher ceiling (not to mention was a better player) and Durant who's been a better player.

Angerer is a better MIKE than Durant. Just because Durant can play MLB does not mean he should. Durant is smart and quick but he lacks the strength or size to stack and shed especially when he plays in the middle. He can drop into coverage but it takes more than that to play MIKE well. He gets washed out way to easily on the inside. He is much better in space so he has a chance to avoid the big bodies, Angerer is tougher, more physical and can get skinny in crowds. He may not be the same player after microfracture surgery but your dismissive and patronizing tone is pretty interesting considering how bad the Cowboys are at this position. If Angerer is below average then how do you support keeping Wilber, Hitchens & Lawrence?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Angerer is a better MIKE than Durant. Just because Durant can play MLB does not mean he should. Durant is smart and quick but he lacks the strength or size to stack and shed especially when he plays in the middle. He can drop into coverage but it takes more than that to play MIKE well. He gets washed out way to easily on the inside. He is much better in space so he has a chance to avoid the big bodies, Angerer is tougher, more physical and can get skinny in crowds. He may not be the same player after microfracture surgery but your dismissive and patronizing tone is pretty interesting considering how bad the Cowboys are at this position. If Angerer is below average then how do you support keeping Wilber, Hitchens & Lawrence?

Who says Angerer is better as a MLB than Durant?

Secondly don't look now but Ro McClain is probably going to be the MLB.

Angerer isn't an OLB, that's how keeping the other guys that you mention IN ADDITION Lawrence is very good on special teams.

Finally we know what the ceiling is for Angerer. He's played enough snaps in the NFL and he is what he is. Hitchens' path isn't known. And with a young, rebuilding team I vote for youth.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
I know everyone is gung-ho on Sam but what about this cat?

Seahawks waived DT Jimmy Staten

A fifth-round pick, Staten couldn't crack the Seahawks' loaded defensive line. He'll be stashed on the practice squad if he clears waivers.

DuDa

Reaction score
I know everyone is gung-ho on Sam but what about this cat?

Seahawks waived DT Jimmy Staten

A fifth-round pick, Staten couldn't crack the Seahawks' loaded defensive line. He'll be stashed on the practice squad if he clears waivers.

I would rather have their other guy, Ben Mayowa.

Reaction score
So if a team is awarded a waiver wire claim then they go to the back of the waiver wire priority list, right? just curious.

Even if thats true, we are not going to have a shot at getting the DL castoffs from good teams, those guys will be long gone before it's our turn. Our best hope is landing a vet who doesn't have to go through waivers.

bodi

Reaction score
You're right.

He's tailor suited to play Mike in this scheme... if you want someone who isn't very good.

The former Iowa standout started all 16 games for the Colts that season, finishing fourth in the NFL with 148 tackles

oh you are so wrong Winicki if you want them to win one game this year then don't look at him

the only thing is I am not sure if his leg is alright

The 27-year-old tallied 63 tackles in 11 games for the Colts last year before a knee injury (that required microfracture surgery) ended his season early.

And that's been the story with Angerer, at least for the past two seasons. Over the past two years, Angerer has missed numerous games and has been limited in countless others, to the point where the Colts pulled Angerer from the starting lineup.

Reactions: BAT

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The former Iowa standout started all 16 games for the Colts that season, finishing fourth in the NFL with 148 tackles

oh you are so wrong Winicki if you want them to win one game this year then don't look at him

the only thing is I am not sure if his leg is alright

The 27-year-old tallied 63 tackles in 11 games for the Colts last year before a knee injury (that required microfracture surgery) ended his season early.

And that's been the story with Angerer, at least for the past two seasons. Over the past two years, Angerer has missed numerous games and has been limited in countless others, to the point where the Colts pulled Angerer from the starting lineup.

Two things... OK, make that three things...

That was his best season and he still wasn't one of the best MLB that season.

His last two seasons haven't been as good as that one.

The number of tackles is not always an indication of supreme ability at MLB... especially at the MLB spot.

speedkilz88

Reaction score

The number of tackles is not always an indication of supreme ability at MLB... especially at the MLB spot.

They went from a Tampa 2 type defense to a 3-4 which he didn't fit. Like Parcells moving Dat Nguyen from a 4-3 to 3-4.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
So if a team is awarded a waiver wire claim then they go to the back of the waiver wire priority list, right? just curious.

I don't think that is true - i think the order stays the same.

But keep in mind, these guys that got cut - their teams may have tried to trade them and got no interest so it isn't like many folks see them as being able to contribute

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ok whatever you say GROUCHO must be right

If you're right... if I'm right... it's not going to matter (much) because McClain will most likely be the starter at MLB rendering the conversation somewhat mute.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score

His ability to read and diagnose and fly to the ball is a major strength. He also plays with fire and is a mad man...which makes his name even more fitting.

He would be an asset to our team with or current scheme, point blank.

Reactions: BAT