NFL Waiver Wire: Released Players Who Will Quickly Find New Teams

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
His ability to read and diagnose and fly to the ball is a major strength. He also plays with fire and is a mad man...which makes his name even more fitting.

He would be an asset to our team with or current scheme, point blank.

We'll see if the Cowboys claim him I guess.

Questfor6

Reaction score
Apparently we tried to make a trade for Mallett according to Ian Rapoport

@RapSheet: Why did the #Texans have to trade for Ryan Mallett instead of claim him? The #Cowboys were in talks with #Patriots, too.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Who says Angerer is better as a MLB than Durant?

Secondly don't look now but Ro McClain is probably going to be the MLB.

Angerer isn't an OLB, that's how keeping the other guys that you mention IN ADDITION Lawrence is very good on special teams.

Finally we know what the ceiling is for Angerer. He's played enough snaps in the NFL and he is what he is. Hitchens' path isn't known. And with a young, rebuilding team I vote for youth.

Just admit u know nothing about Angerer Mike. If healthy he would be one best LBs on this team. But u keep saying that Angerer has ALWAYS been below average and just keep losing credibility.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just admit u know nothing about Angerer Mike. If healthy he would be one best LBs on this team. But u keep saying that Angerer has ALWAYS been below average and just keep losing credibility.

Show me where he's been above average?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Apparently we tried to make a trade for Mallett according to Ian Rapoport

@RapSheet: Why did the #Texans have to trade for Ryan Mallett instead of claim him? The #Cowboys were in talks with #Patriots, too.

Broaddus says it's false.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Trouble is that the Cowboys now have several guys that can play the #3. What they lack is a decent #1.

I don't think Cohen is a good fit.

at the risk of starting yet another war thread I will note that Hayden probably holds the #1 down with some help from McClain until Brent plays.
DAL felt at the time of his drunken accident Brent was blossoming into one of the best fatties in football.
they've maintained his rights in part because of Jerry's momma but it isn't all altruism, they believe he can play again and play well for peanuts.

i absolutely believe he'd be the best #1 on the team, the minute he signs; even if he can only play at that level for 15 plays a game early on.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score

He is a Bruce Carter clone imho. Athletic guy who has grown as he matured and can struggle versus the pass
Former 2nd round pick in Indy that lost his job.

Biggest concern with him would be does he know the system.
If he is better than what we have it most certainly it is not by much.

Here is a Colts take that supports your claims: ---note the url has W.T.frank in place of astericks.
http://www.stampedeblue.com/2012/11/26/3693178/***-has-happened-to-colts-linebacker-pat-angerer
On Sunday, Colts inside linebacker Pat Angerer failed to log a single tackle. In fact, his name is completely absent from the NFL's official stat sheet for the game. He was on the field for 18 of a possible 60 defensive plays. No tackles.

No assisted tackles. No pass defended. No sacks. No hurries. Nothing.

What the hell has happened to Pat Angerer, the one-time leading tackler for the Colts?

Since his return from a broken foot that cost him all of the 2012 preseason and six games of the 2012 regular season, Pat Angerer has been pretty craptastic on the field of play.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score

I hope you are not being serious now. Bodi was nice enough to show you how well Angerer played when healthy and in proper scheme fit. Angerer was not just average in 2011, he was one of the best MLB in the league. You have never really followed this young man that is plain to see so your stance is simply based on stubbornness to admit your initial overexaggeration.

And your opinion is still not validated if Cowboys do not pick up Angerer. There are other considerations and u know it, one of which is health. So your response to nextgen was pretty weak.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I hope you are not being serious now. Bodi was nice enough to show you how well Angerer played when healthy and in proper scheme fit. Angerer was not just average in 2011, he was one of the best MLB in the league. You have never really followed this young man that is plain to see so your stance is simply based on stubbornness to admit your initial overexaggeration.

And your opinion is still not validated if Cowboys do not pick up Angerer. There are other considerations and u know it, one of which is health. So your response to nextgen was pretty weak.

You pick up scent pretty good for an 'ol hunt dog...

Reactions: BAT

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

He showed clips for god's sakes.

LOL!

Give me a break.

I can find successful plays by Hayden... It doesn't make him as good as Geno Atkins.

And it's not like Indy is some kind of defensive dynamo that doesn't need some additional help.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
He showed clips for god's sakes.

LOL!

Give me a break.

I can find successful plays by Hayden... It doesn't make him as good as Geno Atkins.

And it's not like Indy is some kind of defensive dynamo that doesn't need some additional help.

I challenge you to produce ANYTHING that could support Hayden as being one of the BEST at his position, clips, blog blurbs, write up, highlights, anything. Angerer had 148 tackles, 1 sack, 1 INT, 2 FF, 1 FR in 2011. Bruce Carter, who some have compared Angerer to, has not come close to anything like that season.

In 2012 Angerer hurt his foot AND had a scheme change from 4-3 to 3-4. Like Carter, he did not adjust well plus the transition was exacerbated by his return from micro fracture surgery which most medical experts caution can take up to 2 years or more.

The Hayden response was diversionary. Just admit you over exaggerated for effect, you are a better poster than this.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I challenge you to produce ANYTHING that could support Hayden as being one of the BEST at his position, clips, blog blurbs, write up, highlights, anything. Angerer had 148 tackles, 1 sack, 1 INT, 2 FF, 1 FR in 2011. Bruce Carter, who some have compared Angerer to, has not come close to anything like that season.

In 2012 Angerer hurt his foot AND had a scheme change from 4-3 to 3-4. Like Carter, he did not adjust well plus the transition was exacerbated by his return from micro fracture surgery which most medical experts caution can take up to 2 years or more.

The Hayden response was diversionary. Just admit you over exaggerated for effect, you are a better poster than this.

Yeah Angerer was terrific, you've proved your case- almost.

BTW, in 2011, PFF rated him the 32nd best ILB/MLB.

Show me a couple more clips... I'm this close [ ] to being convinced.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Maybe he should stay for breakfast this time.

Bet....waitress, just leave the pot of coffee. I'll take blueberry pancakes with honey. I want half a dozen over easies, with bacon, sausage, and two omelets. Add a platter of biscuits with lots of strawberry jam. Throw in some hash browns and grits...and oh yea, a large glass of milk.

And just keep a stack of butter at the table...