Twitter: NFL will now force teams to participate in Hard Knocks if no team volunteers

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
daniel kaplan ‏@dkaplanSBJ 4m
NFL owners approved in owners meetings compelling clubs to participate in Hard Knocks series, though with caveats. clubs that made...
...the playoffs in consecutive years, have a new HC, or been on series in last five years, are exempt

erod

Reaction score
That means there's a LOT of teams that will go before Dallas comes around again, right?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So what you're telling me is.... we're exempt next year?

Hate to break it to you, but, knowing Jerry, this is probably more evidence we'll keep Garrett around rather than letting him go.

Jenky

Reaction score
Hate to break it to you, but, knowing Jerry, this is probably more evidence we'll keep Garrett around rather than letting him go.

woah.gif

visionary

Reaction score
hate to break it to you guys but we will have the same HC next year that we have had for the last 6 years

JerryJOnes1.jpg

Deep_South

Reaction score
So what you're telling me is.... we're exempt next year?

Well, "exempt" doesn't mean "banned". If Jerry decides he wants the publicity, I'm sure HBO would love to have America's Team on the show.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is also the caveat that if no team VOLUNTEERS to do the show.

So if a team volunteers to do the show than they will not go into the other area of picking a team to do it even though they don't want to do it.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I doubt we'll have a new coach but I think we'd still fall on the other two right? We wont have been to the playoffs two years in a row even if we make it this year and I think the last time we were on there was 2008 which means that was 5 years ago this year. Next year we'd be outside that 5 year window and we won't have been in the playoffs enough times in a row to be except.

I wouldn't be shocked if we wind up on it again next offseason.

Mookie

Reaction score
What's wrong with being on HBO's HK? Best show out there easily. I'd love for Dallas to be in it next year.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
I'm sure the coaches just look at it as a distraction and that nothing good can come from it. Smart teams are trying to get away from Ocho Cinco/TO type players and Hard Knocks is basically an incubator for those types of shenanigans.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I think the league should force an entire division to be on Hard Knocks each season. Whether people like it or not, it's a great way to promote the game and the league and it's something that the league should take advantage of with *every* team. And by forcing the entire division, that way nobody would feel that they were cheated out of being forced to do so.

YR

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I think the league should force an entire division to be on Hard Knocks each season. Whether people like it or not, it's a great way to promote the game and the league and it's something that the league should take advantage of with *every* team. And by forcing the entire division, that way nobody would feel that they were cheated out of being forced to do so.

YR

The NFL - The attention ***** of major league sports.

Deep_South

Reaction score
"Hard Knocks" is great regardless of which team is chosen. It's fun to get to know a bunch of the players on another team. It's not fun when The Turk makes his visits, though.

I can't wait to see New England and Bill Belichick.