NFLDraftCountdown

Dyluke

Reaction score
New Mock is up...has us taking Shawne Merriman at #11 and Carlos Rogers at #20. As much as i like Merriman...i say there is no way we take him over DJ if he lasts that long. Thoughts?

Champsheart

Reaction score
Dyluke said:
New Mock is up...has us taking Shawne Merriman at #11 and Carlos Rogers at #20. As much as i like Merriman...i say there is no way we take him over DJ if he lasts that long. Thoughts?

I really like Rogers at #20.

I just do not know what to think about Merriman.

I hear a lot of people are very high on him, but I have never seen him play. I hate coming to a conclusion about a guy I have never seen.

If DJ was available I would take him at #11 without thinking twice.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Champsheart said:
I really like Rogers at #20.

I just do not know what to think about Merriman.

I hear a lot of people are very high on him, but I have never seen him play. I hate coming to a conclusion about a guy I have never seen.

If DJ was available I would take him at #11 without thinking twice.
I'm with you. I prefer DJ at 11 but I'd love to get Rogers at 20.

50cent

Reaction score
DJ at 11 would be great, but Merriman is a stud. Although I would like to see CB addressed in FA and go after someone like Jammal Brown or Crowder in that Mock draft instead of a DB.

50cent

Reaction score
Oh yeah, if Chris Henry drops that far at WR, snatch him. Damn the character issues. Get him here. If you liked ABs talent then this kid would be heaven sent, because he is twice as talented as AB with the same competitive spirit.

PJCOWBOYS

Reaction score
http://www.draftace.com/mockdraft.htm

11. Dallas Cowboys

Derrick Johnson OLB Texas
Johnson is a true playmaker and would fall no further than here. He's a big physical linebacker, just like Parcells likes. Should develop into an All-Pro linebacker within just a few seasons.

18. Dallas Cowboys (f/Buf) (Wrong, Should be #20)

Elton Brown OG Virginia
This is very early for an offensive guard, but Brown is a special player, much like current Cowboy Larry Allen. The Cowboys line must be able to protect their QB, either Henson or Testeverde, in 2005.

Reaction score
PJCOWBOYS said:
http://www.draftace.com/mockdraft.htm

11. Dallas Cowboys

Derrick Johnson OLB Texas
Johnson is a true playmaker and would fall no further than here. He's a big physical linebacker, just like Parcells likes. Should develop into an All-Pro linebacker within just a few seasons.

18. Dallas Cowboys (f/Buf) (Wrong, Should be #20)

Elton Brown OG Virginia
This is very early for an offensive guard, but Brown is a special player, much like current Cowboy Larry Allen. The Cowboys line must be able to protect their QB, either Henson or Testeverde, in 2005.

I like this draft in round 2 we get Chris Henry, but I think if Det wanted Miller they could trade down and still get him and a team that really needs a LB or really wants DJ would trade with Det and take him right in front of us. I would love to get DJ but I dont think there is anyway we could get him. :banghead:

Buckeye

Reaction score
I thought Cleveland was taking Derrick Johnson?

Both Rogers and Johnson would be huge pickups though.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
We don't need more unproven rookies there - he's a 2nd - 3rd round pick.

DT, LB, Hybrids, WR, Oline

We will address CB with a VET :cool: this year!

boysfanindc

Reaction score
I would rather have DJ at #11, I watched every game Merriman played this year. He is a very good player, but only dominates occassionally. Not like Hendersen did every game.

At #20 I would rather have Corey Webster. He think he has a much bigger upside.

Derinyar

Reaction score
I'm still not sold on us taking a CB in the first, especially not if we stay with our current picks.

I think Merriman is probably a better target with the pick at 20 than with the pick at 11.

Reaction score
Nors said:

DT, LB, Hybrids, WR, Oline

We will address CB with a VET :cool: this year!

Rogers wouldn't be a reach at all he is the exact type of cornerback that BP likes- one that can tackle- he is a solid tackler for the position he plays.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
D41lasCowboys31 said:
Rogers wouldn't be a reach at all he is the exact type of cornerback that BP likes- one that can tackle- he is a solid tackler for the position he plays.
You don't understand. That draft pick disrupts the Law to Dallas agenda. Thus it must be panned as a bad move.

I'd take Rogers in a heartbeat.

Reaction score
Hostile said:
You don't understand. That draft pick disrupts the Law to Dallas agenda. Thus it must be panned as a bad move.

I'd take Rogers in a heartbeat.

Yea I know Hos thats what I was thinking when I was typing up that reply.

jcollins28

Reaction score
Chris Henry in Round 2.

That is funny last night I drafted him in my Madden franchise.

Dyluke

Reaction score
jcollins28 said:
Chris Henry in Round 2.

That is funny last night I drafted him in my Madden franchise.

In madden he doesnt get kicked out of games or curse out his coaches...although that would be a cool feature ;)

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Rogers at 20 would be a total reach

WHAT?!

Carlos Rogers a 3rd round pick? You obviously haven't watched him play, Nors. He's the best CB in the draft.