NFLN Adam Saying Texans Aren't Interested In Bush

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jrumann59 said:
Sorry replying to the title and sarcasm does not translate well on the internet :bang2:
Oh I got it. My mind is on overdrive after a seriously long day.

Roughneck

Reaction score
J.Jones21 said:
Thats when NO lets someone in who needs a running back like denvers 15, 22, and 61 for the #2 pick

Don't think the Broncos wouldn't do it, Bush in Denver would reek havoc on the leagues soul.
Not a chance in hell.

(A) The Saints would never agree to that swapping of picks because there just isn't enough value there for Nawlens.

(B) The Broncos, more than anyone else in the entire league, have made a killing off of drafting guys in the later rounds and getting immediate return on their investment. Why trade up, give up a crap load of draft picks, and pay out the *** for one player? That ain't the Shanahan way.

Just isn't feasible.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Roughneck said:
Not a chance in hell.

(A) The Saints would never agree to that swapping of picks because there just isn't enough value there for Nawlens.

(B) The Broncos, more than anyone else in the entire league, have made a killing off of drafting guys in the later rounds and getting immediate return on their investment. Why trade up, give up a crap load of draft picks, and pay out the *** for one player? That ain't the Shanahan way.

Just isn't feasible.

Now if Shanahan could just find a way to win a playoff game WITHOUT Elway...:lmao:

Roughneck

Reaction score
YoMick said:
Now if Shanahan could just find a way to win a playoff game WITHOUT Elway...:lmao:
He found a way this past January when he knocked out the defending champion Patriots 27-13.

Of course, Denver proceeded to get the piss beat out of them the very next week against Pittsburgh but that's neither here nor there.

:D

Smith22

Reaction score
I watched the replay and Adam S. said that contract talks with Mario Williams should start this week, and that no contract talks had begun with R. Bush and that even some of the Texans top executives didn't exactly roll out the red carpet for R. Bush.

Who knows.... Everything is a guessing game at this point.

Little Jr

Reaction score
Smith22 said:
I watched the replay and Adam S. said that contract talks with Mario Williams should start this week, and that no contract talks had begun with R. Bush and that even some of the Texans top executives didn't exactly roll out the red carpet for R. Bush.

Who knows.... Everything is a guessing game at this point.

Thats funny because here in Houston this hasnt even been mentioned.

the_h0wey

Reaction score
The Texans would have to be complete morons to pass up on what seems to be on of the greatest talents to come out of college football in a LONG time

burmafrd

Reaction score
Bush is the stupid pick anyway. With the horrendous state of their O line they should pick Brick.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
DBoys said:
Saying they want Mario Williams

Saying they have not discussed contact with Bush but have had talks with Williams.

That brought a smile to my face........I don't buy it for a second.

Zippy Speedster

Reaction score
montgod said:
That would be very interesting. I wonder who would jump at the chance to land Bush if the Texans don't take him. Williams will be a stud, but I also just don't see the Texans, especially w/Kubiak as their coach, passing up on Bush. Denver's offense was built on RB's when Kubiak was there.

Well with Kubiak as their coach, he may just be the one person who would be willing to pass on the top back in a draft considering he's seen the result of his offensive schemes making studs out of alot less, first hand. I mean that's all Denver did when he was there was make lesser quality backs into superstars. And very few seem to do much after they leave that system, Portis being really the only exception I can think of--and which part of the first round did he fall from? That's right, nowhere even remotely close to the first round did he fall, let alone even inside of it, let alone even on the first day of the draft. Bottom-line, Kubiak has an eye for RBs, he doesn't need to go with the top one to get the quality he needs.

It's really amazing how everybody can read Parcells and basically think they can predict the future yet not one person will think to do it with an opposing coach, like Kubiak, the "run-master". Now after we have all thought about this, does Kubiak seem like the type who would marvel over a top back thinking he couldn't get one later? Yea, I didn't think so... He's obviously weighing his options, along with the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th best RBs in this draft, not to mention fairly valuable one the Texans already have on the roster.

This pick is anything but a lock. Texans trade down.

wahaja

Reaction score
Last night on Total Access Adam Shefter reported that the texans might not be interested in Bush. He said they have all ready tried to start contract negotiations with de Mario williams not Bush. Could you imagine what that would do to the draft.

doomsday81

Reaction score
Draegerman said:
I doubt that anyone with one iota of football savvy is going to buy this.

Well put. Bush and the Texans are a done deal. Move on to the 2nd pick.

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
I think Houston is trying to force New Orleans to trade. Houston has the idea that New Orleans wants Mario. New Orleans doesn't want Bush. But New Orleans is filling good because they thought Houston was going to take Bush. By suggesting they are going for Mario, Houston could force New Orleans to trade up and switch places with Houston. Houston could try to squeeze 2nd or 3rd rounders out of them. Then Houston could take Bush (who they wanted anyhow) at #2, pay him less, and get another draft pick.

That's what I think is going on here. And if it is, it is smart from Houston's perspective.