NFLN Adam Saying Texans Aren't Interested In Bush

neosapien23

Reaction score
Hostile said:
If Houston is not going Bush at 1, then they need to trade down to 3 or 4 and get D'brick and save David Carr's life.

Note I said "if." I'm not buying this at all. I think they want Bush very badly.

Mario Williams is certainly worth the number 1 pick though. He has been compared to Juluis Peppers and could make the same kind of impact.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Rack said:
Only if Bush is brazillian.

;)

Well, I say 'Save the rainforest'.

And I'm still holding out hope that my January prediction of a trade with San Francisco will hold out.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Avery said:
Well, I say 'Save the rainforest'.

And I'm still holding out hope that my January prediction of a trade with San Francisco will hold out.

Not me. I say shave...errr... mow down as much of the rainforest as possible. :D

Bluefin

Reaction score
Probably a bunch of hub bub to try and make reaching contract parameters easier down the road, IMO.

Whatever the Texans decide on, I hope it works out poorly. :grrr:

Duane

Reaction score
Hostile said:
If Houston is not going Bush at 1, then they need to trade down to 3 or 4 and get D'brick and save David Carr's life.

Note I said "if." I'm not buying this at all. I think they want Bush very badly.
Don't think D'brick falls past the Saints. Was talking to a buddy at work today who's a huge Saints fan and he thinks they get their left bookend this year.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
theogt said:
I'll believe, with my football savvy, that they weren't getting any offers and had to stir the pot to get someone to actually make an offer. Doesn't mean they're going to take it but they want to see what they could get if they went that route.
Bingo!

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Duane said:
Don't think D'brick falls past the Saints. Was talking to a buddy at work today who's a huge Saints fan and he thinks they get their left bookend this year.

Payton already said he was moving Their RT Brown to LT and it was a permanent move

Cowboys&Caps

Reaction score
abersonc said:
I don't know how this is a savvy move. If folks think they want Williams instead why would someone like the Titans bother to trade -- hell, let them take Williams, let NO take a QB -- then bingo, you've got your RB without making a trade.

Thats when NO lets someone in who needs a running back like denvers 15, 22, and 61 for the #2 pick

Don't think the Broncos wouldn't do it, Bush in Denver would reek havoc on the leagues soul.

Cowboys&Caps

Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
Payton already said he was moving Their RT Brown to LT and it was a permanent move

fine let D'brick play right for 3-4 years till brown dies (gets hurt/retires)

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
The only reasons that I can think of for Kubiak to take Williams over Bush would be:

1) He is switching the team to a 4-3 defense and has 3-4 personnel. Williams would go a long way toward correcting that discrepancy.

2) He came to Houston from Denver. In Denver they switched 1200 yard rushers every other year. He may not put the same value on superstar RB's that most other teams do.

Personally I think that they should take Bush and all that he brings because he is a rare talent. But Kubiak may feel that Williams would be more valuable to the program that he is bringing to Houston.