NFLN Adam Saying Texans Aren't Interested In Bush

DBoys

Reaction score
Saying they want Mario Williams

Saying they have not discussed contact with Bush but have had talks with Williams.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Have not contacted Bush at all? He's already worked out for them and I've heard Bush himself talk about speaking and getting along with the Texans' "brass".

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
I doubt that anyone with one iota of football savvy is going to buy this.

montgod

Reaction score
That would be very interesting. I wonder who would jump at the chance to land Bush if the Texans don't take him. Williams will be a stud, but I also just don't see the Texans, especially w/Kubiak as their coach, passing up on Bush. Denver's offense was built on RB's when Kubiak was there.

DBoys

Reaction score
theogt said:
Have not contacted Bush at all? He's already worked out for them and I've heard Bush himself talk about speaking and getting along with the Texans' "brass".

Sorry talked contract I edited my post.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
I dont see them passing on bush. the only other player the fans here might let them take is Young and that's not going to happen. I would say Bush is a lock for #1.

DBoys

Reaction score
Draegerman said:
I doubt that anyone with one iota of football savvy is going to buy this.

I am more apt to believe it since it is coming from Adam. Texans have so many needs they could fill by trading #1.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
DBoys said:
I am more apt to believe it since it is coming from Adam. Texans have so many needs they could fill by trading #1.
I'll believe, with my football savvy, that they weren't getting any offers and had to stir the pot to get someone to actually make an offer. Doesn't mean they're going to take it but they want to see what they could get if they went that route.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I don't know how this is a savvy move. If folks think they want Williams instead why would someone like the Titans bother to trade -- hell, let them take Williams, let NO take a QB -- then bingo, you've got your RB without making a trade.

DBoys

Reaction score
theogt said:
I'll believe, with my football savvy, that they weren't getting any offers and had to stir the pot to get someone to actually make an offer. Doesn't mean they're going to take it but they want to see what they could get if they went that route.

Your savy is pure speculation just like Adams report on Bush. If Bush is so great the Texans are getting offers. Common sense tells me the Texans have greater needs than RB I don't care if the RB is the greatest ever. That RB ain't going to do anything for you when your OL is the worst in the league.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I think this was Shefter's late April Fool's Day joke to get NFL draftnicks scurrying to rearrange their mock drafts.

Rich.............

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
abersonc said:
I don't know how this is a savvy move. If folks think they want Williams instead why would someone like the Titans bother to trade -- hell, let them take Williams, let NO take a QB -- then bingo, you've got your RB without making a trade.
Obviously it creates a bidding war for Bush.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
DBoys said:
Your savy is pure speculation just like Adams report on Bush. If Bush is so great the Texans are getting offers. Common sense tells me the Texans have greater needs than RB I don't care if the RB is the greatest ever. That RB ain't going to do anything for you when your OL is the worst in the league.
I don't dispute this. ;)

Also remember that they have the first pick in round two and the first two picks in round 3. They can pick up some serious first year contributors with those three picks. Because of this they have less of an incentive to trade down if in fact they think so highly of Bush.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
If they draft Mario Williams, there goes every mock draft that has been published right down the drain

Little Jr

Reaction score
I live in Houston and the local radio said today they will begin contract talks with Bush sometime very soon. No mention of Williams. The Texans will draft Bush unless some team gives them a lot for the pick.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
theogt said:
Obviously it creates a bidding war for Bush.

How so? By saying "we don't think this guy is worth the #1 pick?"

Seems like an odd strategy. Especially if they want Williams -- there are a limited # of teams they can deal with

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
DBoys said:
Saying they want Mario Williams

Saying they have not discussed contact with Bush but have had talks with Williams.
If Houston is not going Bush at 1, then they need to trade down to 3 or 4 and get D'brick and save David Carr's life.

Note I said "if." I'm not buying this at all. I think they want Bush very badly.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
abersonc said:
How so? By saying "we don't think this guy is worth the #1 pick?"

Seems like an odd strategy. Especially if they want Williams -- there are a limited # of teams they can deal with
I think everyone considered it a foregone conclusion that Houston was taking Bush. Maybe they weren't getting any bites on the trade front and wanted to stir the pot.