NFLN Lombardi reporting Garrett promoted *Merged*

diehard2294

America's Team
Reaction score
per Michael lombardi...Sherman was interviewed per the rooney rule

just posted as breaking news

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
I was about post the same thing. He says its official now. He is the HC!

Love the news, but still would have liked Jerry go through the process though. If nothing else, to pick some of the candidates brains.

I am pretty sure, there will be plenty on this thread saying, Garrett is just a puppet.

Fmart322

Reaction score
Awesome news. How would everyone who doesn't like Garrett feel if he were to win somewhere else like Sean Payton? The Cowboys needed to hire him as HC for that reason alone, IMO.

TheFinisher

Reaction score
RCowboyFan;3774196 said:
I was about post the same thing. He says its official now. He is the HC!

Love the news, but still would have liked Jerry go through the process though. If nothing else, to pick some of the candidates brains.

I am pretty sure, there will be plenty on this thread saying, Garrett is just a puppet.

Because he is, we had the 20th ranked offense during our 1-7 start. How is he not part of the problem? It's obvious to everyone this team needs change.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Figured things would develop quickly. I thought maybe a week to 10 days. With the news of Jerry/Garrett hosting Chryst on multiple occasions, it was obvious they were already trying to form a future coaching staff.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
RCowboyFan;3774197 said:
Oh, btw, once again, the idiot Deion Sanders is wrong again.

giggle giggle.

He would get the direction the sun sets in wrong. Useless dude. No business talking about the nfl on tv.

oh and YIPPEE. Congrats to the New Head coach.

Aven8

Reaction score
If this is really true then even the Garrett lovers should be ashamed of this sham of an organization!

If it is true I've lost all respect I ever had for Jerry. It has nothing to do with Garrett, but all to do with the IV process. Like Garrett always says it's a process. Jerry is letting us fans down by not doing his due dillegence and interviewing all competent parties.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
TheFinisher;3774200 said:
Because he is, we had the 20th ranked offense during our 1-7 start. How is he not part of the problem? It's obvious to everyone this team needs change.

:rolleyes: Yeah Ok.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Aven8;3774203 said:
If this is really true then even the Garrett lovers should be ashamed of this sham of an organization!

If it is true I've lost all respect I ever had for Jerry. It has nothing to do with Garrett, but all to do with the IV process. Like Garrett always says it's a process. Jerry is letting us fans down by not doing his due dillegence and interviewing all competent parties.

:laugh2: Irony of this post and your signature is just dripping all over. :D

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
Sweet! Hopefully he will start working on his staff Monday.

Holdovers should be Sherman, DeCamilis, Peete, John Garrett, and Juraszek. A complete defensive overhaul is needed.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
In the end, I think Jerry wanted Garrett and didn't want to muddle the situation with a plethora of names that Jerry had coveted in the past becoming available.

Jones sees Garrett (as many of us here do) as the next Payton, Harbaugh, Smith, Haley. A young (well Smith isn't so young) coordinator that's ready to take hold of a team.

It will be interesting to see how I feel about this move in hindsight in two or three years, but for now, I like the move.

roy31

Reaction score
Nfl Network just announced it . Sorry no link but on nfl network

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
theebs;3774202 said:
giggle giggle.

He would get the direction the sun sets in wrong. Useless dude. No business talking about the nfl on tv.

oh and YIPPEE. Congrats to the New Head coach.

Yeah, what an absolute Donkey. Never seen such blowhard, other than Marshal Faulk ( well only when it comes to cowboys Faulk is blowhard though).

Absolute shame that idiot still has analyst job.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Bluestang;3774194 said:
Hos just wet his pants....​

I'm almost that excited... almost...

I think this is a very good day for the Cowboys' future...