NFLN Lombardi reporting Garrett promoted *Merged*

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
skinsscalper;3774217 said:
In the end, I think Jerry wanted Garrett and didn't want to muddle the situation with a plethora of names that Jerry had coveted in the past becoming available.

Jones sees Garrett (as many of us here do) as the next Payton, Harbaugh, Smith, Haley. A young (well Smith isn't so young) coordinator that's ready to take hold of a team.

It will be interesting to see how I feel about this move in hindsight in two or three years, but for now, I like the move.

I think most of us might feel the same way, if it fails. But personally love the move, since I always thought Garrett will be a great HC. Only other candidate that I personally would have been happy with if not for Garrett is Jim Harbaugh. But seems like most NFL people think Jim is going to Michigan ( and I am going to real happy camper if he does that, since I am Michigan fan).

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Good. I'm perfectly happy with this decision and I'm glad it's done quickly. They can move onto the other things that are needed to be done.

reddyuta

Reaction score
good news.Garrett has a lot to learn as a HC but he is smart and is clearly the best candidate available.i really hope he gets rids of campo and houck and hires a good DC.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
I should be shouting. I should be holding baloons. I should be jumping in the air for maximum Jason Garrett affect. But then like you, Id want to punch me

diehard2294

America's Team
Reaction score
he deserves a shot... but the reality is we need a good DC to get this thing turned around

21Savage

newnationcb
Reaction score
Hopefully this means we'll see about 3 new starters today on the team for evaluation sakes. Since Red ***** is no longer being judged on wins and losses.

JVita17

Benched
Reaction score
It's great only if he can hire his own staff. If not he's just another lame duck.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
As important as this hire is, it's almost an afterthought if a top notch DC isn't brought in to shore up that joke of a unit.

diehard2294

America's Team
Reaction score
I wonder how long before they get Paul Chryst on board...if in fact he was offered the OC position as reported

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Seems incredibly stupid not to bring in other coaches to pick their brains.

Then again, it's good to get it done quick so we can move quickly on assistant coaches.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Well, now I don't have to boycott CowboysZone for next season :)

Congratulations to Coach Garrett.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Dallas def couldve done alot worse. But now lets hope he gets some people in who can save him from himself on offense. 1 name thats in my head right now that will be available shortly, Gary Kubiak. On Defense Dennis Thurman.

And i have a feeling alot of people are going to be mad when Hudson Houck is still coaching the OL next yr.

JVita17

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;3774240 said:
Seems incredibly stupid not to bring in other coaches to pick their brains.

Then again, it's good to get it done quick so we can move quickly on assistant coaches.

Agreed completely. Les just hope its Garretts hand inthe pickings not Jerruhs

skinsscalper

Reaction score
diehard2294;3774237 said:
I wonder how long before they get Paul Chryst on board...if in fact he was offered the OC position as reported

Don't want him. His unit just got whipped by TCU. He's trash.

Kidding. Just had to take on the CZ knee-jerk persona for a minute.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
Jerry probably worried that Garrett would begin interviewing elsewhere so that is probably the reason for the immediacy.

I had my doubts on RJ, but I think the fact that he inherited a 1-7 outfit that posted one of the most humiliating defeats in its history at Lambeau prior to him getting the gig, then turned around the effort and culture almost overnight speaks very well for him.

The facts are the Cowboys were looking at a road game against the Giants riding a 5 game win streak, The World Champs on a short week, at Indy against a hall of fame qb and a team fighting for their lives, and the Eagles with a qb playing better than anyone not named Brady. They split those games and could have won the other 2. Really, the Arizona game is the only blip on the radar and that was with the offense putting up 16 (should have been 17) points with Stephen Mcgee at bleaping qb.

I hope he hires a good DC that can fix the defense, but I'm very pleased Jason Garrett will be the 8th Head Coach in Dallas Cowboys History.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Aven8;3774203 said:
If this is really true then even the Garrett lovers should be ashamed of this sham of an organization!

If it is true I've lost all respect I ever had for Jerry. It has nothing to do with Garrett, but all to do with the IV process. Like Garrett always says it's a process. Jerry is letting us fans down by not doing his due dillegence and interviewing all competent parties.

he's been grooming garrett for 3+ years now. he's following a plan but as usual some people make up crap to get bh over and whine at jones.

i'm proud jones saw something, gave it time, and pulled the trigger when the time was right. interviewing a lot of other people is just a dog and pony show but it sounds like that's what *you* needed.

if it's such a sham, why are you still here?

Aven8

Reaction score
LatinMind;3774243 said:
Dallas def couldve done alot worse. But now lets hope he gets some people in who can save him from himself on offense. 1 name thats in my head right now that will be available shortly, Gary Kubiak. On Defense Dennis Thurman.

And i have a feeling alot of people are going to be mad when Hudson Houck is still coaching the OL next yr.

With this move what makes you think Garrett will be allowed to do anything on his own? It will be business as usual with this fradulent organization.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3774227 said:
I should be shouting. I should be holding baloons. I should be jumping in the air for maximum Jason Garrett affect. But then like you, Id want to punch me

challenger commercial. : )