Video: NFLN Peter Schrager: 'I would not be surprised' if Dak won MVP in 2020

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I'm not looking forward to this team not being balanced. Hopefully they can do that and still get the receivers involved.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Honestly with a normal off season, extended by the coaching changes and the 1 on 1 work he would have done with Mike, the offensive scheme and play calling changes Mike could add, in addition to adding Lamb, I can see this 100%.... With the current situation, I have no idea. Does Mike even implement any of his scheme in what will be a shortened, limited offseason? I will bet on him in 2021 for MVP, not this year.

Adreme

Reaction score
Honestly I would be surprised only because of how stacked the NFL is right now. You have Mahomes and Jackson, who both have two of the most talented rosters in football and will by extension win more games and are the two favorites. You have Russel Wilson who is playing insanely well for having so little. Watson is a dark horse candidate, Rodgers might recover, and do not be surprised if Drew Brees looks insane because there is no tomorrow for him. The race for NFL MVP is going to be a VERY tough race to stand out in.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
The guy is solid in so many ways. It baffles me people don’t see it. Imagine like it baffles them that I think this. Go Prescott the kid is a winner
It's just perception.

Most people make a living working hard, putting in years on a job and being paid once the work is complete.

Build a house get paid when done. Not before.

When it comes to people's sensibilities, it just works that way.

Taking pro sports in general, signing big contracts is the American Dream.

Most will never ever get there. So when record-breaking deals come along..

some will celebrate, others will spout cautionary tales about being beware.

Frankly, none of us have a horse n this race. Technically we are unqualified to have any weight since we are not Jerrah nor Dak.

I let this go in my mind the other day. In a World of real crisis right now..

Do any of us really care? We should be worried about our work, families and health way before any of this.

I let the air out of my balloon about this once I saw close to a million people ill and many dying going forward.

I have to consider myself more mature than that. I believe I should anyway.

Later.

glimmerman

Reaction score
The guy is solid in so many ways. It baffles me people don’t see it. Imagine like it baffles them that I think this. Go Prescott the kid is a winner
Not just so much of just him being solid but how solid everything’s getting around him during this offseason. We got a possible stud WR. Good O-Linemen and depth there. A TE that I think is going to do well now that he is getting a chance to start. Elliot should be in camp and in shape. A new HC that’s not a puppet. Unless there is major injuries (which happen) there will be no excuse to not get lots of points.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
He really wouldn't have to surpass last year's stats, he would just need more team success on top of the stats.
There was nothing MVP worthy about his stats. He piled up a bunch of meaningless passing yards against the Giants and Skins, but everything else was nothing special when it comes to crowning an MVP. You have to go back a pretty long ways to find an MVP with 30 TD passes or less... Manning in 2008 and again with McNair in 2003. And then, 30 TDs was more than 30 TDs today.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
There was nothing MVP worthy about his stats. He piled up a bunch of meaningless passing yards against the Giants and Skins, but everything else was nothing special when it comes to crowning an MVP. You have to go back a pretty long ways to find an MVP with 30 TD passes or less... Manning in 2008 and again with McNair in 2003. And then, 30 TDs was more than 30 TDs today.
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Swanny

Reaction score
It's not that people don't think he's solid or not. It's paying the guy an enormous amount of your salary cap space. It's been proven that a very highly paid QB is near impossible to build a good enough team to make it a super bowl winner.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
After Dak's superb play last season vs the Pats, Saints, Bills, Packers, Bears, Vikes, Jets, Eagles, and Saints I'm surprised Dak isn't the favorite in Vegas for the MVP award!!!
Haters are keeping him from the top position once again!!!!:omg:

John813

Reaction score
For a QB to be considered a MVP they have to put up gaudy numbers. Mahomes passing for 50 TDs or Lamar Jackson looking like Vick in Madden 2004.

Curious to see how MM and Moore approach each game with Dak and Zeke. Will the overall trend be a run game tempo or more passing plays similar to 2019?

glimmerman

Reaction score
For a QB to be considered a MVP they have to put up gaudy numbers. Mahomes passing for 50 TDs or Lamar Jackson looking like Vick in Madden 2004.

Curious to see how MM and Moore approach each game with Dak and Zeke. Will the overall trend be a run game tempo or more passing plays similar to 2019?
Not so sure we see such a big running game any more. I would love for us to run it until they can stop it.