NFLs most dominating defender...

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
jobberone;2445105 said:
I weighed 165 on entry to boot camp. I weighed 196 when I left 10 weeks later. Barely 18. Moved to 235 within two years. Muscle. Not steroids at all. It's genetic. If I was as tall as my brothers I'd have been pushing Ware's weight easy. I'm only 6 feet. Rather was.

When I was 20 years old, I was 5-8 and a skinny 146 pounds... I mean, I was scrawny...

6 years later, I was a muscular 185-190 pounds, with a big chest and thick neck... and I wasn't lifting weights or taking nutritional supplements or anything... I was just working as a golf pro, hitting thousands of balls a week... but that was really my only exercise, except for some recreational hoops...

It was good ol' Mother Nature, and genetics; my dad was a barrel-chested short man... but for some reason, my late brother Ron never got the upper body development that we had...

Nowadays, I look a lot like an ex-weightlifter going to seed, and the only real upper body exercise I ever got was riding a rowing machine to stay in shape... that device helped me develop some nice trapezius and deltoid muscle groups, and to this day my triceps are quite hard...

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Has more to do with genetics than anything else. He gets tested like anyone else.

Some people just add weight easy, I've always had an incredibly difficult time adding weight. I'm barely 10 pounds heavier now than I was as at 18, and I'm 26 now.

Section446

Reaction score
TheCount;2445357 said:
Has more to do with genetics than anything else. He gets tested like anyone else.

Some people just add weight easy, I've always had an incredibly difficult time adding weight. I'm barely 10 pounds heavier now than I was as at 18, and I'm 26 now.
I got screwed at birth, I was 14 pounds :mad:

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Looks like on the negatives they just pulled crap out of their rear. He's one of the best linebackers in coverage and in space in the league. That's what makes him so dominant -- he isn't just a passrusher.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear;2445337 said:
Nowadays, I look a lot like an ex-weightlifter going to seed, and the only real upper body exercise I ever got was riding a rowing machine to stay in shape... that device helped me develop some nice trapezius and deltoid muscle groups, and to this day my triceps are quite hard...

Stop. I'm getting excited.

silverbear

Reaction score
PaulH1083;2445362 said:
I got screwed at birth, I was 14 pounds :mad:

I think your momma was the one who got shafted on that deal... you should be extra-nice to her each Mother's Day... :D

silverbear

Reaction score
bbgun;2445381 said:
Stop. I'm getting excited.

LOL... I didn't mention the soft gut... well, I alluded to it, with the "ex-weightlifter going to seed" part...

To me, the weird thing about my upper body development is I didn't really do much of anything to deserve it... then again, I never wanted to be short (I loved basketball, and had some game), so maybe it all evens out...

I also have rather short legs, a 28 inch inseam, which makes me look like I'm all torso... I do indeed rather resemble a human-type bear, with my build...

Reaction score
My god, this guy is practically 6'6 and 255 lbs and runs a 4.5??? OMG no wonder teams stay up late just to stop this guy...

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
theebs;2445045 said:
KC joyner's statistical analysis led him to call Demarcus ware a pretender.

So he must not be any good. I mean statistics, especially pass rushing stats are all there is to defense. Right?

Randy whites saying should be repeated by everyone.

Pretty much shows people should disregard just about everything this guy says. He's definitely one of the 3 or 4 best defensive players in the league, and very arguably the best defensive player in the league.

Wonder what his "statistical analysis" says about the biggest joke in DPOY history, Bob Sanders?

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
theebs;2445045 said:
KC joyner's statistical analysis led him to call Demarcus ware a pretender.

So he must not be any good. I mean statistics, especially pass rushing stats are all there is to defense. Right?

Randy whites saying should be repeated by everyone.
Or Mark Twain's "There are lies, damn lies and statistics"

BTW when did Joyner say that? Kind of an absurd thing to say.

bootyhunta

Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2445000 said:
Does not show great awareness in coverage or instinctively feel receivers in zones. Ball skills could improve.

Was that written before or after he covered Frank Gore down the field and had a pass breakup.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
bootyhunta;2446073 said:
Was that written before or after he covered Frank Gore down the field and had a pass breakup.

Considering all the good things they said about him, it's okay to say he has something to improve on, and they even acknowledge that he could get better in that area.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Ware has the potential to be the league's most dominating. But he isn't. Right now I'd go with Justin Tuck

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Living in NY and being a Cowboys fan I watch every Giants and Cowboys games. With that said Demarcus Ware is a better player than Justin Tuck. Tuck is good but he's no Demarcus Ware.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear;2445337 said:

but are they nicer than Michelle Obama's?

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Rampage;2446092 said:
Living in NY and being a Cowboys fan I watch every Giants and Cowboys games. With that said Demarcus Ware is a better player than Justin Tuck. Tuck is good but he's no Demarcus Ware.

Ware has the potential to be better than Tuck. But Ware has not been as disruptive this year as Tuck has. Hell, people on this board and elsewhere are arguing that Ratliff has been better than Ware this year (which I disagree with). A big part of that is that our D has been really up and down and it is hard to be dominant when guys around you play like crap.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
dbair1967;2446090 said:

:rolleyes:

Just keep being an idiotic homer. Me, i'll watch all the games and not automatically call a Cowboy the best. That's called being objective (I have to explain this to you since the concept clearly something you know nothing about)

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
AbeBeta;2446124 said:
Ware has the potential to be better than Tuck. But Ware has not been as disruptive this year as Tuck has. Hell, people on this board and elsewhere are arguing that Ratliff has been better than Ware this year (which I disagree with). A big part of that is that our D has been really up and down and it is hard to be dominant when guys around you play like crap.

only reason Tuck has been more disruptive is because he lines up MUCH closer to the QB, Ware is backed off 5-8 yards, not counting when the O is in the shotgun, as opposed to the 2-3 yards Tuck lines up at DE, and then Tuck slides in even closer to the QB at DT

we're not even talking about the 20-30% times a game Ware drops back in coverage

Ware is probably top 10 in both sacks and tackles