Ngata to Eagles

Valorius

Reaction score
This team needs young depth. Not on his way out of the league depth.

Veteran players looking to make one last run at a Superbowl tend to be highly motivated, and often times, very successful.

Just ask the Patriots.

Valorius

Reaction score
We had a tougher schedule, Zeke suspension, and key injuries.

The difference is that our roster is MUCH younger and will get better just by virtue of player maturation. Demand value for your FA dollar and fill the holes you can. We have a lot of picks, if we draft well as we have been we will be fine. If Zeke returns to form, the OLine stays healthy, Dak will bounce back and the offense will be very good again. The defense is on the cusp.

I am not going to freak out over a Philly team that brought in over 30 year old past their prime guys. I'm not sure how common RPOs were prior to this year but DCs will be spending all offseason working on stopping them now. Foles is a flash in the pan, Wentz has a serious knee injury.

We're gonna be fine.

The Eagles have been running RPO's of various sorts (as have numerous other teams) for 5 years now. What makes them work is math. You force one isolated defensive player to choose between crashing the line to defend the run or staying wide to contain the QB--- or--- you make one defensive player decide if he is going to clog a passing lane, or play the run. He can't do both.

It's an either or thing, whatever the defensive player you're isolating decides to stop, you do the opposite. There is nothing to "figure out." One isolated defensive player can't stop two things at once.

But keep on rationalizing.

Valorius

Reaction score
Meanwhile, my girl just cut her finger and it's my fault. Welcome to the world of men.

Techsass

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And who is our backup rotational 1 tech? Heck our starter should be playing 3 tech.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
That’s true, but would someone that’s washed up play that many snaps? There are other factors too as to why his play dipped. Maybe the injuries in the secondary allowed QBs to find their targets quicker. Like I said, he’s playing next to Cox and Graham now who will probably take most of the double teams. He’s at the end of his prime no doubt, but not washed up yet.
No doubt he'll be better than what the Eagles had. How good he can be remains to be seen, but your point is taken he's playing next to much more talented players which you would think would make him better. I wouldn't count out Barnett either. He's going to grow into a double-digit sack guy in my opinion by year 3.

C42

Reaction score
No doubt he'll be better than what the Eagles had. How good he can be remains to be seen, but your point is taken he's playing next to much more talented players which you would think would make him better. I wouldn't count out Barnett either. He's going to grow into a double-digit sack guy in my opinion by year 3.
Might sound crazy, but I think Brandon Graham is gone next year. We may not be able to afford him. I agree about Barnett his future looks real bright! He'll be ready next year to take over.