Ngata to Eagles

C42

Reaction score
I hope our coaches get our O-line back in shape. Their D-line can rotate Cox, Jernigan, Barnett, Graham, Bennett, Long, Allen, and Ngata. If I was a Giants fan I'd worry about Eli getting murdered with the line he is behind.

I had a pretty big smile on my face when I heard the Giants didn’t land Norwell.

Hadenough

Reaction score
The Eagles aren't scaring anyone by signing two washed up DL's Bennett and Ngata
They may be past their prime but thier not asked to be an every down player. They are situational players that will come in an make a play when you need them to.
They are veteran players that know how to win in big games. We dont have that leadership in Dallas!

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
LOL at Bennett being "washed up".

You guys will literally make up whatever you want to make yourself feel better I guess.

Bennett would be our 2nd best DE, right now.
He had 2 sacks in his last 8 games, but you can put him in Canton if you want

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
You guys really think at this point in their career Bennett and Ngata are an upgrade over Vinny Curry and Beau Allen?, I think the Eagles are just treading water here

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
If he splits time and they monitor his snaps, he has a better chance of staying healthy instead of being bashed on by double teams all game.

Look, I know it is fun and games to laugh at experienced DL, but there are always good ones who can produce if they are managed in terms of their workload. Freeney with Atlanta a few years ago was a classic example.
I'm not making fun, and laughing at him. At one time he was a high end DT. I simply am pointing out his better days are long gone and he's a shell of what he once was. It wasn't the greatest signing in the world that would provoke such a strong response from cowboy fans.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score

Washed up? LOL that’s ignorant.

Keep in mind now he gets to play with Cox who will take on the double teams and Graham on the other side who is just as disruptive.

Bennett played more snaps because Seattle didn't rotate it's line like the Eagles do.

C42

Reaction score
Bennett played more snaps because Seattle didn't rotate it's line like the Eagles do.
That’s true, but would someone that’s washed up play that many snaps? There are other factors too as to why his play dipped. Maybe the injuries in the secondary allowed QBs to find their targets quicker. Like I said, he’s playing next to Cox and Graham now who will probably take most of the double teams. He’s at the end of his prime no doubt, but not washed up yet.

Stryker44

Reaction score
Ngata will push any offensive lineman back into the QB or knock him on his *** one on one. He is unblockable one on one. He needs double teams constantly. He is a monster.

How do the Eagles afford him? I thought they were in cap hell right now.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Ngata will push any offensive lineman back into the QB or knock him on his *** one on one. He is unblockable one on one. He needs double teams constantly. He is a monster.

This is not the Baltimore Ravens Ngata, if he was what you say he would still be Baltimore Raven. He is above avg DT that needs to be in rotation to be effective. His body has taken a beating especially in the Baltimore when he had to eat up blockers to keep guys off Ray and Terrell

Reactions: C42

C42

Reaction score
This is not the Baltimore Ravens Ngata, if he was what you say he would still be Baltimore Raven. He is above avg DT that needs to be in rotation to be effective. His body has taken a beating especially in the Baltimore when he had to eat up blockers to keep guys off Ray and Terrell
Agreed, he’s still a great run stopper but not so much as a pass rusher anymore.

RoboQB

Reaction score

Ngata has 33 tackles in his last 32 games. That's Brian Price-like numbers.

RoboQB

Reaction score
I have seen Ngata and his force in the middle when playing for the Baltimore Ravens.

Yeah buddy. Me too. That was 4 years ago. He was slipping then too. That's why they let him walk. I watch a ton of Ravens games.
I've gone to a few. That place can rock. I saw Ray Lewis' last playoff game there.

Valorius

Reaction score
Got to be a one down player and use in short yardage situations. If he makes their team.
This.

Ngata is a run down player to clog the hell out of the middle. Something he is still very capable of doing, and doing well.

The MUCH bigger news is the Michael Bennet trade. The Eagles now have 3 fantastic edge rushers in Bennet, Graham, and Barnett. That's even if they don't keep Long. (which i think they will, since he will play for the league veteran minimum).