Nick Eatman Implies Zeke Weed Issue?

DFWJC

Reaction score
Listening to The Break, and the crew was talking about all the Zeke drama. The question was asked about even though none of these, beyond the domestic violence accusation, are necessarily damning, whether there should be concern over the pattern.

Nick replies, and I quote, "Usually where there's smoke, there's fire. And that's kind of a litteral sense at time here because I think that's part of the issue with him."

Obviously there's a few ways to read that statement, but listening to it live, it sounded like he was implying some sort of situation with pot.

I, personally, would not be surprised if Zeke has an undisclosed substance abuse strike that's adding further complication to all this stuff.
That would be disappointing.

It did sound like he smoked a lot in college.
Then the weed store photos in Denver....
I just assumed (and still assume) it was recreational and not a crutch like it is with Gregory.

LittleD

Reaction score
Most of the weed comments keep being nonsensical as weed is still illegal in the NFL and there are consequences for using it.
That may change someday but, not today or this year for sure. Obviously, from our observations, some players find it very hard
to quit using it. Now for all the other visual insights into Zeke, he keeps grabbing attention and that attention is bothering
the NFL. They don't need criminal charges, tickets, or video evidence to punish Zeke. The CBA allows the Commissioner to suspend
Zeke for anything considered Conduct Detrimental to the league. Again, obviously Zeke can't control himself to stay out of the public
eye long enough for his past incidences to disappear under the rug. He continues to court a league suspension and I still think he's going to get a 1 game wrap on the wrist. IMVHO.

Sydla

Reaction score
Or it is just an ignorant statement by a know nothing from the "marijuana is evil" generation

Fact is weed is a substance that you can be suspended over by the league. So personal feelings aside, if Elliott has a problem with weed, he has a problem with the NFL.

I agree the rules should be changed but right now, they aren't.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Fact is weed is a substance that you can be suspended over by the league. So personal feelings aside, if Elliott has a problem with weed, he has a problem with the NFL.

I agree the rules should be changed but right now, they aren't.

AbeBeta's point is that blaming marijuana for the situations EE has been in is a ridiculous statement.

Even if EE did assault his ex-gf and even if EE is a heavy pot smoker...one has nothing to do with the other. Unless I just seemingly missed out in all of those marijuana induced fights over the years.

YR

Sydla

Reaction score
AbeBeta's point is that blaming marijuana for the situations EE has been in is a ridiculous statement.

Even if EE did assault his ex-gf and even if EE is a heavy pot smoker...one has nothing to do with the other. Unless I just seemingly missed out in all of those marijuana induced fights over the years.

YR

Unless I misread Eatman's point it's not that he's blaming pot for Elliott getting into trouble off the field, but rather that pot is just another issue that Elliott has to deal with on top of his other issues. I thought Abe was just railing against any league punishment in the area of pot.

If I then also misread Abe's point, my apologies.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Unless I misread Eatman's point it's not that he's blaming pot for Elliott getting into trouble off the field, but rather that pot is just another issue that Elliott has to deal with on top of his other issues. I thought Abe was just railing against any league punishment in the area of pot.

If I then also misread Abe's point, my apologies.

Eatman's point is vague at best. Eatman has never struck me as 'one of those guys' in the media, so that's why I don't read into this too much because Eatman isn't a petty, rumor mongering, hack from my experience.

But the way it did potentially read to me was that marijuana = bad and when you have a problem with marijuana it's going to lead to other issues and thus AbeBeta's response about the 'marijuana is evil generation.'

YR

DenCWBY

Reaction score
Unbelievable isn't it? What's wrong with these people?

Poor guy can't just expose a womans breast in public without being criticized. Or text about beating drug tests and then walk into a weed shop without raising eyebrows. Or go 100 mph down the tollway without getting a ticket. Or even just carry around a purse without having people laugh at him. Or be involved in a bar fight with shady circumstances. Or maybe believe his own dad and actually be concerned with his behavior.

These jerks have gone overboard! Poor, poor Zeke. Guy is doing everything he can to stay out of the spotlight yet it keeps finding him. It's the media, it's Mara, its the "fans", it's everyone but him. Such a victim.
:hammer: