Nick Eatman

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by rambo2, May 5, 2021.

1. rambo2

rambo2 Well-Known Member

1,477 Messages
    815 Likes Received
    Nick Eatman said on the Break show that he had never heard of any of the draft picks after Parsons. How in the world can this guy cover the team at Dallascowboys.com? He is so lazy that he doesn't even educate himself to learn something about top players in the draft like Joesph and Cox. Unbelievable.

dogunwo, xwalker, Risen Star and 9 others like this.
  2. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

7,181 Messages
    5,585 Likes Received
    clown...i can understand some but come on

LACowboysFan1 likes this.
  3. rambo2

rambo2 Well-Known Member

1,477 Messages
    815 Likes Received
    How about looking at Top 100 lists and watching the Draft Show at his own site? He should be fired immediately. This is ridiculous.

dogunwo, 817Gill and BourbonBalz like this.
  4. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Moderator

82,737 Messages
    61,417 Likes Received
    The new normal in reporting. It's all about clickbait headlines.

ctrous25 likes this.
  5. DakPresgoat

DakPresgoat Well-Known Member

18,942 Messages
    41,924 Likes Received
    I mean. It’s not really Nick Eatman’s role to be honest. That’s what all the guys on the draft show focus on.

I get that he should know more. But he ain’t the person I’m looking to, if I want information on the newly drafted players.

John813, 817Gill and CowboyManDan like this.
  6. rambo2

rambo2 Well-Known Member

1,477 Messages
    815 Likes Received
    Then why is he making comments about the picks. He has badmouthed the Joesph pick since they made the pick. We have an ignorant person making comments about the picks.

dogunwo, CowboyJ70 and 817Gill like this.
  7. DakPresgoat

DakPresgoat Well-Known Member

18,942 Messages
    41,924 Likes Received

Lol ok. I honestly couldn’t care less if Eastman bad mouths a pick or not.

I just find it an odd thing to get worked up about. He is one of the people on the podcasts I take least seriously. Especially when it comes to decision making about the team.

he is more so just a bear reporter type that I am looking to for information. Not caring about his opinion.

JoeKing and stilltheguru like this.
  8. John813

John813 Well-Known Member

16,485 Messages
    23,232 Likes Received
    Is he being honest or just trying to stir the pot?

I rather have someone who is being honest rather than another Baghdad Mickey of *** kissing the team on everything they do.

9. Majic

Majic Well-Known Member

508 Messages
    581 Likes Received
    I like Nick, considering it is an 'in-house' podcast he has never been afraid to say what the thinks. Quite a funny guy as well

JoeKing likes this.
  10. waving monkey

waving monkey Well-Known Member

14,620 Messages
    14,080 Likes Received
    thats pretty sad really for the managing writer for Dallas Cowboys.Com

11. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer Zone Supporter

25,408 Messages
    23,973 Likes Received
    Not impressed with Eatman or that idiot Helman.

LACowboysFan1 likes this.
  12. rambo2

rambo2 Well-Known Member

1,477 Messages
    815 Likes Received
    The Draft Show is excellent, but very disappointed in The Break. Helman had to tell Eatman that Joesph is a first round talent. You would think that a guy that works for the website would do a little bit of research to prepare himself.

waving monkey likes this.
  13. JoeKing

JoeKing Diehard Zone Supporter

25,999 Messages
    22,446 Likes Received
    Are we going to do this again? We already did it in the Fan Zone. It's not his job to cover college football. I know exactly what he was talking about.

14. JoeKing

25,999 Messages
    22,446 Likes Received
    Eatman isn't on the Draft Show and not everyone cares about college football. :rolleyes:

15. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

32,152 Messages
    15,917 Likes Received
    Eatman has been mailing it in for awhile.

16. rambo2

rambo2 Well-Known Member

1,477 Messages
    815 Likes Received
    I know that he isn't on the Draft Show. I didn't say that he was. He is on the Break. The problem is that they had him saying things about the draft on the Break and he is totally ignorant about the players because he was too lazy to prepare himself before the draft when he could have easily done so if he was actually interested in learning.

17. rambo2

rambo2 Well-Known Member

1,477 Messages
    815 Likes Received
    He trashed their 2nd round pick and then was stupid enough to admit that he didn't know anything about the players, So, I say fire *** and hire somebody that is actually interested in the players that are going to become Cowboys.

18. JoeKing

25,999 Messages
    22,446 Likes Received
    :facepalm: They had him saying things about the draft? Who is "they". It's not his job to comment on the draft, he's not a draft guy. Too lazy? No, it's not his job to comment on the draft. LOL

19. stiletto

stiletto Well-Known Member

5,919 Messages
    7,327 Likes Received
    A lot of guys aren't scout commentators, beyond the top 25-30 draft picks unless they are big College Football guys, I don't blame them. Guys like Cavanaugh or Voch Lombardi do a lot of work on the players. Even Cavanaugh hadn't studied our 3rd round pick (Wright). He had to go look at him, wasn't even on his radar of top 5 rounds. There are a lot of dudes to cover. Not Eatman's job.

JoeKing likes this.
  20. JoeKing

25,999 Messages
    22,446 Likes Received
    Heil Hitler! You bad arse. LOL :p