Nick Saban is Retiring

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
Just a guess on my part, but given his recent statements about the state of college football; I think the NIL and transfer portal stuff hastened his departure. Probably didn't like the direction the game was heading and didn't need the aggravation anymore.

mrcowboys40

Reaction score
Alabama head football coach Nick Saban is retiring, ESPN and The Athletic reported Wednesday, ending one of the greatest coaching careers in college football history.

Saban, 72, retires after leading Alabama to the College Football Playoff, where the Crimson Tide lost to Michigan in the Rose Bowl. He led Alabama to six national championships and led LSU to one, with the seven national titles the most in NCAA history.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
It's hard to keep pushing every day when you get into your 8th decade of life.

John813

Reaction score
Wild. I mean he wasn't going g to be there forever but it felt like it at the same time. Good luck to the next coach that has to fill those shoes

TheGoat73

Reaction score
Alabama head football coach Nick Saban is retiring, ESPN and The Athletic reported Wednesday, ending one of the greatest coaching careers in college football history.

Saban, 72, retires after leading Alabama to the College Football Playoff, where the Crimson Tide lost to Michigan in the Rose Bowl. He led Alabama to six national championships and led LSU to one, with the seven national titles the most in NCAA history.
The only team I hate more than Alabama is Liberty. Hopefully, the tide doesn’t roll for a while.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
May I present to you Tuscaloosa a Mr. Jason Garrett……he would be perfect for the job, I swear!

75boyz

Reaction score
Longtime Bama fan.
All my kin are from Bama. Dad got his engineering degree from there.
As a fan I'll just say "We had one hell of a run under his tutelage."

Truly appreciate ya Nick,
Best wishes on a happy retirement and God Bless.

RS12

Reaction score
Now with pay for play out in the open, probably wont see a run like Saban had ever again.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
When Steele (his DC) retired I had an idea this may be the reason. Saban has been the most vocal head coach opposed to the new rules. He wants to coach college football, not semi-pro.