Adult Language Night Cap: Shannon Sharpe | Best Deal for Dak - Both sides have to feel Screwed Over!

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I'm not saying he is doing it right. Just saying that while Dak got us 12 wins repeatedly, he got us nothing where it counted. Yet another, worse QB (as far as the skillset goes) also got us quite a few wins whenever we had to put him on the field. So what do I make of that? That team covered the QB, not the other way round. Neither way is "sustainable", so no difference there.

The (imo) false logic of the Dak fans is, they think the team let him down. All I'm saying is that he never made the difference like a true franchise QB should, so then why keep him around as the franchise QB? The team will get it's results (and get kicked out of the play offs early) either way.

As I said, JJ didn't have a plan B. It was Dak or die, and we died nevertheless. 8 times in a row now. So I'm ready to try something else. And I don't need another 12 win season right away. Heck we started a pretty nice run with a 1-15 season some decades ago. Just show me that you build something, and I will endure the dry years. But build something.
I dont think you are getting an argument on any of this, i do think many of us dont believe Jerry can build it...thats probably the puch back your getting from most (not all but most i would imagine)

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
I dont think you are getting an argument on any of this, i do think many of us dont believe Jerry can build it...thats probably the puch back your getting from most (not all but most i would imagine)
Well I don't have anything to prove otherwise. Jerry bought us three SB wins but never got us there with the Salary cap in place.

But that leaves us with two alternatives: Sign Dak and give us 4+ more seasons of certain mediocrity, or rebuild and see whats coming out of it. Even with JJ/SJ at the helm in both realities, I'd rather go with door number two. Simply because that's undiscovered country, while alternative A has unfolded before our very eyes 8 times in a row now.

I guess the only difference between the Dak fans and critics is what we believe the odds are for reaching an NFCCG. Everything else (JJs GM skills, culture, RB situation, run defense, o line, draft goals etc) seems to be common ground.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Well I don't have anything to prove otherwise. Jerry bought us three SB wins but never got us there with the Salary cap in place.

But that leaves us with two alternatives: Sign Dak and give us 4+ more seasons of certain mediocrity, or rebuild and see whats coming out of it. Even with JJ/SJ at the helm in both realities, I'd rather go with door number two. Simply because that's undiscovered country, while alternative A has unfolded before our very eyes 8 times in a row now.

I guess the only difference between the Dak fans and critics is what we believe the odds are for reaching an NFCCG. Everything else (JJs GM skills, culture, RB situation, run defense, o line, draft goals etc) seems to be common ground.
for most i would say thats pretty accurate, there are some extremes but not many...I'm on the fence because if he doesnt turn the whole roster over i dont think it will happen...I'm one who believes once a player has been here through some failures because of the culture they cant turn it around here..its gonna take a very young team that can get SUPER LUCKY to get it done before "Jerry's Way" infects them...

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
for most i would say thats pretty accurate, there are some extremes but not many...I'm on the fence because if he doesnt turn the whole roster over i dont think it will happen...I'm one who believes once a player has been here through some failures because of the culture they cant turn it around here..its gonna take a very young team that can get SUPER LUCKY to get it done before "Jerry's Way" infects them...
Agreed. Heck I do believe that Dak could profit from a culture change and actually do make a difference on another team. But I guess we'll never find out.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Agreed. Heck I do believe that Dak could profit from a culture change and actually do make a difference on another team. But I guess we'll never find out.
I actually think its 50/50 this time but only because Dak's camp might force FA in which case Jerry's hands might be tied...Now then the question becomes is he smart enough to move CD and #11 for a haul to hire a HC and strike in 2025-2028 that would get my attention.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Ill add this also, if Dak hits FA and we do retain him thats gonna be bad..i firmly believe that number starts with a 6 and if they do that they almost have to sign CD and thats probably starting with a 3....you add in Parsons and we are a SUPER top heavy bad team...

Chasing6

Reaction score
I'm not saying he is doing it right. Just saying that while Dak got us 12 wins repeatedly, he got us nothing where it counted. Yet another, worse QB (as far as the skillset goes) also got us quite a few wins whenever we had to put him on the field. So what do I make of that? That team covered the QB, not the other way round. Neither way is "sustainable", so no difference there.

The (imo) false logic of the Dak fans is, they think the team let him down. All I'm saying is that he never made the difference like a true franchise QB should, so then why keep him around as the franchise QB? The team will get it's results (and get kicked out of the play offs early) either way.

As I said, JJ didn't have a plan B. It was Dak or die, and we died nevertheless. 8 times in a row now. So I'm ready to try something else. And I don't need another 12 win season right away. Heck we started a pretty nice run with a 1-15 season some decades ago. Just show me that you build something, and I will endure the dry years. But build something.
Dak did not win 12 games by himself. He did not lose in the playoffs by himself.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
We took a QB with our 4th-round pick. The problem is we have no commitment from him or Dak after 2024. So it's obvious that's going to change before both of them get a chance to get away. Either Dak earns the new deal or he doesn't and then it's time to pay Trey and make him our QB1 in 2025. What's so hard about this to understand?

Chasing6

Reaction score
We took a QB with our 4th-round pick. The problem is we have no commitment from him or Dak after 2024. So it's obvious that's going to change before both of them get a chance to get away. Either Dak earns the new deal or he doesn't and then it's time to pay Trey and make him our QB1 in 2025. What's so hard about this to understand?
Either way someone other than GM Jethro will be holding the cards.

What QB/Agent would not like to be signed by a team with no QB on the roster?

Don't be surprised if/when we pick up a few UDFA QB's.

Regardless of what happens you think it would be smart to at least extend Rush. If Dak is resigned, Trance will look for another opportunity. If Dak is let go, and the Trance experiment begins, we still need a back up QB.

Bagman

Reaction score
Ehhh...therefore only Mahomes and Stafford needs apply??

Dak Haters definition of winning pedigree needs to be investigated :laugh: :laugh:
You're right. I should have clarified my opinion. QBs with a playoff winning pedigree is what I should have said.

Qcard

Reaction score
You're right. I should have clarified my opinion. QBs with a playoff winning pedigree is what I should have said.
In that case I yield my point without prejudice:grin:

Question. Based on your update which QBs with Playoff pedigree do you think deserves Franchise QB market value Contracts?