Adult Language Night Cap: Shannon Sharpe | Best Deal for Dak - Both sides have to feel Screwed Over!

Chasing6

Reaction score
Dak is not irreplaceable, as are most players in the NFL; the Jones’ paid Dak to be a difference-maker, but thus far he has failed in that regard despite the simplification of the offense that requires him to do less.
Therefore, time to move on from Dak; use this season to get TL ready to play in 2025 and identify a QB to acquire in next year’s draft to develop.
The smart teams do this; the Cowboys were content to do no strategic planning at QB and never developed a succession plan…other than the acquisition of TL.
Requires him to do less? Please explain.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Dak is not irreplaceable, as are most players in the NFL; the Jones’ paid Dak to be a difference-maker, but thus far he has failed in that regard despite the simplification of the offense that requires him to do less.
Therefore, time to move on from Dak; use this season to get TL ready to play in 2025 and identify a QB to acquire in next year’s draft to develop.
The smart teams do this; the Cowboys were content to do no strategic planning at QB and never developed a succession plan…other than the acquisition of TL.
Trance is not a solution

Chasing6

Reaction score
True, which is why Jerry is finally putting his foot down about overpaying his players...even if it hurts the team and costs a season or two or three. Gotta give Jerry some respect for finally standing firm against overpaying.
I would love to see GM Jethro to take a stand. If so, it should start with trading CD and then he would draft capital to go get a QB.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score

I never want a QB to settle for less but this is a salient point.

Key word was....."NECESARILY". Dak is playing on a Cousins, this year. I agree, go to the market and if he gets and prefers somewhere else, then fine BYE. If he want's us GREAT.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
$47.5 million / year should be more than enough. Yes, Dak can get paid $8 - $10 million more / year somewhere else, but he won't get the extras ($$$$) off the field that he gets by simply wearing the Star on his helmet.

Stop being greedy, Dak. Jerry caved in and gave you what you wanted 3 years ago. Now it's your turn to return Jerry and the Cowboys the favor. If not, ...... BYE!!!
Yep, and the Jones would probably want him tied down for a career ending contract (to help restructuring purposes).

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
The Jones felt like they got screwed in the last deal, especially with the length of the contract. Dak can be replaced.
Yep.....Dak wanted to get to this place, on his terms (NTC, and No Franchise Tag). The years is the no.1 issue.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score

I never want a QB to settle for less but this is a salient point.

How do we afford 3 Years...."YEA, HE DIDT THINK IT THROUGH" and Yea "HE JUST WANTS TO GIVE HIS DAWG AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE"......does that Ocho post on here??

cowboyed

Reaction score
The Jones felt like they got screwed in the last deal, especially with the length of the contract. Dak can be replaced.
How do you know this? They actually screwed themselves not extending Prescott sooner before his current contract. He has already restructured his current $59 plus million dollars contract to free up more cap space over additional years. Add to that extending CeeDee Lamb and Parsons and they are in a deep hole. When they re-signed Prescott the Cowboys had no way of knowing they would snag these mega star players. Then there is the precedent set each and every year by free agent players acquired by other teams that get premium paid and that resets the market at whatever positions. That's why the Cowboys are going all in with the draft. They have confidence in drafting quality players and their compensation is positionally slotted by the NFL.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
How do you know this? They actually screwed themselves not extending Prescott sooner before his current contract. He has already restructured his current $59 plus million dollars contract to free up more cap space over additional years. Add to that extending CeeDee Lamb and Parsons and they are in a deep hole. When they re-signed Prescott the Cowboys had no way of knowing they would snag these mega star players. Then there is the precedent set each and every year by free agent players acquired by other teams that get premium paid and that resets the market at whatever positions. That's why the Cowboys are going all in with the draft. They have confidence in drafting quality players and their compensation is positionally slotted by the NFL.
The same "how do you know" could be levelled back to yourself.....in that, did Dak want to sign early (especially as his injury would of possible resulted in a 'discount').

TwentyOne

Reaction score
This!

And they never have done it in the past. Just think about that. The by far most important position in that sport and you do exactly nothing to reduce risks. These are management basics.

We can have a bad opinion about Daks character and we have all the right for that. But the reason for failure is simple to figure out. And it is not Prescotts fault that our FO is dilettante even at the most basic things.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
I think when you plan your expenses you have to also factor in "risks" like drafting a very good player with your first round pick. What is your goal when drafting a first rounder? Find a backup player?
If you dont do those basics plannings i'd seriously question your ability to manage a franchise.

And idk how someone could be confident when i see how our draft panned out the last couple of years. So many misses. So few first day starters. We are not a good team at drafting players. We try to sell that to the public but we are without question not.
The problem wouldnt be that we sell that memo to the public. The real problem would be if we are not able to see that we have big problems in scouting and the draft.

We are not in the 2010s where we drafted 3 OL in the first round and hit on all of them. This is long ago. Now we draft one good player in the first round every two years. The rest are also-runs.

LysleE

Reaction score
Requires him to do less? Please explain.
I am not trying to be antagonistic; I know that Dak is a polarizing figure on this board.

All I am saying is that in MM’s recently re-tooled offense Dak is predominantly making one read and throwing high-percentage, short-to-intermediate routes to the WRs and TEs with RAC accounting for a large percentage of Dak’s passing yards; and maybe a few screens or dump off passes to the RBs. But certainly not stretching the field.

In my opinion, CD and Ferguson are possession receivers; Cooks is the burner, but was unable to get deep consistently and connect with Dak other than that one memorable bomb he threw…forgot the opponent.

I think MM is trying to take the decision making away from Dak to eliminate poor and/or inaccurate throws.

There are few run plays for Dak nowadays; he only runs when he feels pressure…I feel that where Dak is concerned less is more.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I am not trying to be antagonistic; I know that Dak is a polarizing figure on this board.

All I am saying is that in MM’s recently re-tooled offense Dak is predominantly making one read and throwing high-percentage, short-to-intermediate routes to the WRs and TEs with RAC accounting for a large percentage of Dak’s passing yards; and maybe a few screens or dump off passes to the RBs. But certainly not stretching the field.

In my opinion, CD and Ferguson are possession receivers; Cooks is the burner, but was unable to get deep consistently and connect with Dak other than that one memorable bomb he threw…forgot the opponent.

I think MM is trying to take the decision making away from Dak to eliminate poor and/or inaccurate throws.

There are few run plays for Dak nowadays; he only runs when he feels pressure…I feel that where Dak is concerned less is more.
A consistent running game takes pressure of the QB.

A defense that does gives up 7 TD's in a row only adds pressure onto a QB.

A team(KC)that only allowed more than 21 pts 3 teams the entire season including the playoffs takes pressure off the QB.

LysleE

Reaction score
A consistent running game takes pressure of the QB.

A defense that does gives up 7 TD's in a row only adds pressure onto a QB.

A team(KC)that only allowed more than 21 pts 3 teams the entire season including the playoffs takes pressure off the QB.
Pollard rushed for 1000 yards…that is widely accepted as a benchmark for a successful season.

By the same token, Dak didn’t generate any meaningful points until 3 minutes to go in the 4th quarter when GB’s back-ups were in the game.

Dak makes $40 million a year to be the kind of QB that thrives under pressure; to inspire and elevate the play of the team…but instead throws multiple interceptions and played a poor game when it mattered most.
Contrast Dak to Mahomes; the latter throws a costly interception in the Super Bowl, but leads the team to the winning score…he rose to the occasion. Dak looked like a deer in headlights.

Think it’s safe to say that we agree to disagree.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
ce2fa0f4-c813-49bf-9db0-97aaabc64f2d_text.gif
This scene is one of the reasons I can't decide between I and II...both are equally excellent movies.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Pollard rushed for 1000 yards…that is widely accepted as a benchmark for a successful season.

By the same token, Dak didn’t generate any meaningful points until 3 minutes to go in the 4th quarter when GB’s back-ups were in the game.

Dak makes $40 million a year to be the kind of QB that thrives under pressure; to inspire and elevate the play of the team…but instead throws multiple interceptions and played a poor game when it mattered most.
Contrast Dak to Mahomes; the latter throws a costly interception in the Super Bowl, but leads the team to the winning score…he rose to the occasion. Dak looked like a deer in headlights.

Think it’s safe to say that we agree to disagree.
1000/17 = 59 yards/game. Nice try.

Flamma

Reaction score
I'm not saying I support this. Should have extended Lamb last year

Extend Dak this year.

Extend Parsons this year or the next, not only would they not be in a big hole, but have a lot of cap space. They might run into trouble 3-4 years down the road, but it's with the intent to win now. Don't forget that big contracts are coming off the books. Tank. How long does Martin have?

The Cowboys won't do this because they are not a win or bust team. That's why they never get involved in FA. They don't like pushing too much money forward.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
All this comes down to idiot Jones!! He had signed Dak for the starting price we wouldn't be here now discussing this. So, all those mad at Dak is laughable when it was the dunce owner who caused all of this. Per as I said before. Not one guy in here would take a pay cut under the same scenario for your company. So, let's all get real!! Love Dak or hate Dak. Nobody in their right friggin mind would do it.... NOBODY!!!! You think Elon Musk would give Nasa an escape clause from a contract???? And he's one of the richest men on Earth... Or Mars :muttley: