Adult Language Night Cap: Shannon Sharpe | Best Deal for Dak - Both sides have to feel Screwed Over!

zeke21

Reaction score
Dak got paid to win a ring. Simple as that. Jerry put his money on the table and said make it happen.

And Dak didn't even get us to the dance.. nor even the warm up dance.. in fact he only notched up a playoff win against a tired, beat up Brady and half empty TB defence.

Why would Jerry put another bag on the table for this loser?? I just don't even get it at this stage. Dak got the money, got the squad, got the coaching.. and then failed spectacularly. *** we would continue with a known loser? let alone pay him again??

This final year of 'huge' money was meant to not hurt as much because I truly believe the Jones family thought Dak would have won something.. and everyone would be applauding and suggesting that 60M was a bargain for a SB win. Instead they are looking at paying a man who can't even get their team out of wildcard weekend.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Dak got paid to win a ring. Simple as that. Jerry put his money on the table and said make it happen.

And Dak didn't even get us to the dance.. nor even the warm up dance.. in fact he only notched up a playoff win against a tired, beat up Brady and half empty TB defence.

Why would Jerry put another bag on the table for this loser?? I just don't even get it at this stage. Dak got the money, got the squad, got the coaching.. and then failed spectacularly. *** we would continue with a known loser? let alone pay him again??

This final year of 'huge' money was meant to not hurt as much because I truly believe the Jones family thought Dak would have won something.. and everyone would be applauding and suggesting that 60M was a bargain for a SB win. Instead they are looking at paying a man who can't even get their team out of wildcard weekend.
Delusional

So wait a minute, Dak got paid to win a ring. Then if he won a ring, he was going to get paid, because he won a ring?

Maybe that is why GM Jethro over pays everyone. He pays the twice for 1 job.

cowboyed

Reaction score
The same "how do you know" could be levelled back to yourself.....in that, did Dak want to sign early (especially as his injury would of possible resulted in a 'discount').
From what I recall Dak did want to get a deal done early but then the numbers weren't to his liking and things dragged out. Did I state that the Jones's did not feel screwed? I simply asked how Flamma knew that with such certainty. I can safely state none of us fans emphatically know that, but we can speculate. In a follow up post Flamma clarified what he meant and it made sense.

The Cowboys made the deal and if they felt screwed by Dak why would they want to negotiate with him again?

Chasing6

Reaction score
From what I recall Dak did want to get a deal done early but then the numbers weren't to his liking and things dragged out. Did I state that the Jones's did not feel screwed? I simply asked how Flamma knew that with such certainty. I can safely state none of us fans emphatically know that, but we can speculate. In a follow up post Flamma clarified what he meant and it made sense.

The Cowboys made the deal and if they felt screwed by Dak why would they want to negotiate with him again?
Bigger question, if they felt screwed, then why sign the deal to begin with?

Good GM's don't do that. Jerry got screwed in the Zeke deal and keeps getting screwed all the time.

Zeke deal was so bad, Jerry recently referred to it and how it effected not being able to extend Tyron. That bad deal infected the entire team.

Martin just embarrassed him last year.

He needs to punt and rebuild, but he is too arrogant to admit it. So instead he states we are all-in.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Dak can be replaced.
Yes he can, but it could take years. You can’t just stick another QB in and expect to be a contender every year. Some of you seem to think just draft another QB and the we’ll be good to go. Sorry, but it’s not that simple.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
War is for trash. Anyone conned into joining a gang is not a hero.

Thieves are trash for existence.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
Yes he can, but it could take years. You can’t just stick another QB in and expect to be a contender every year. Some of you seem to think just draft another QB and the we’ll be good to go. Sorry, but it’s not that simple.
This is simple, we aren't good enough with Dak and we won't get any better because he demands too much of the salary cap to stock the kind of talent it would require for him to win. Odds are simply greater trying to find a young replacement, even if we have to draft 2 qbs a year until we find that guy.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
This is simple, we aren't good enough with Dak and we won't get any better because he demands too much of the salary cap to stock the kind of talent it would require for him to win. Odds are simply greater trying to find a young replacement, even if we have to draft 2 qbs a year until we find that guy.
We had several years to build a good enough team before he got paid. We had a 13 win team his rookie year, with the best OL and top back but we’re never good enough in the playoffs and I don’t see that changing anytime soon regardless who we have at QB. It was the same problem when Romo was here. Talented teams that fold in the playoffs. We’re going to struggle finding a better QB than the last two we’ve had. It doesn’t matter how much talent we add we continue to fold in the playoffs, especially our defense.

dmark1

Reaction score
Who cares…I’m done with pro football. Money has ruined it. Not to mention kneeling thugs that have no sportsmanship and are greedier than Gordon Gekko.

screw em all and F the Little Rock Cowboys….and especially the Jones family.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score

Good GM's don't do that. Jerry got screwed in the Zeke deal and keeps getting screwed all the time.

Zeke deal was so bad, Jerry recently referred to it and how it effected not being able to extend Tyron. That bad deal infected the entire team.

He needs to punt and rebuild, but he is too arrogant to admit it. So instead he states we are all-in.
As per Broaddus on 'The Break' .....Jerry isnt happy with France. The way Broaddus explained it, Jerry was always going to give Dak his first contract and that France changing agencies in August 2020 was a contributory factor in the delay.....until Jerry was backed into the corner.

I dont think the Pro-Dak fraternity have the option of a) wanting Dak to re-sign AND b) criticizing Jerry for paying what Dak demands, it's either/or. Those that should be banging the table at the moment are those that think Dak's potential CAP% moving forward isnt proportionate to his value on the field and Jerry should be walking away if Dak/France doesnt accept the First and Final Offer.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
It is that simple, because that is the only way to eventually win a SB other than hoping to win a Brady Lottery that nobody saw coming. You can't be afraid to move on. You can't be afraid to draft QBs often because you had some that were busts.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
I know you Dak fans don't wanna hear that, but Rush has proven that basically any QB would get us into the play offs with the squad we had over the last couple of years. Maybe not with 12 wins, but with just enough anyway. This team was good enough to beat up the little kids on the play ground and hold their own against some better opponents. And since Dak couldn't beat the best, no difference there.

Of course Rush wouldn't have gotten us anything in the play offs either, but here we are again, no difference.

So you're right when you mean that it's not easy to find a franchise QB taking you all the way. But I'd rather take a shot with a drafted QB every year and Rush as backup than with Mr. Patrick Star come play off time.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It is that simple, because that is the only way to eventually win a SB other than hoping to win a Brady Lottery that nobody saw coming. You can't be afraid to move on. You can't be afraid to draft QBs often because you had some that were busts.
It’s not that simple when it comes to QBs, which is why so many teams are burning high picks on them every April. The Jets have burned two top 5 picks on QBs since 2017 and came away with nothing. They keep missing the playoffs every year. You can’t just keep drafting QBs often trying to hit on one. You have to draft one and invest time in them to try and develop them. You’re talking about moving on from a QB that led the league in TDs, had a 105.0 passer rating and completed almost 70% of his passes and was second in the MVP voting. Not to mention led us to 12 wins and the NFC East title. Good luck doing better at QB than what we have.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I know you Dak fans don't wanna hear that, but Rush has proven that basically any QB would get us into the play offs with the squad we had over the last couple of years.
I’m no Dak fan but he’s the best we have and we would have no chance with Cooper Rush without a running game and a defense that’s playing lights out, which is what he had in 2022 when he win 5 games.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
So you're right when you mean that it's not easy to find a franchise QB taking you all the way. But I'd rather take a shot with a drafted QB every year and Rush as backup than with Mr. Patrick Star come play off time.
The only QB that’s been drafted since Dak was drafted in 2016 that’s won a SB is Mahomes. We’ve only had two QBs in our entire history win a SB and they had all-time great teams. We haven’t had the TEAMS to win a SB. Average QBs have won SBs because they had great teams that stepped up. Romo and Dak are way better than Jim McMahon, Dilfer and Brad Johnson but they never had the teams/defenses those QBs had.

cowboyed

Reaction score

Yes, the difference is Jones and Stephen keep screwing themselves by those looking into the organization from the outside, but Jerry and Stephen seem oblivious to it at the historic rate they negotiate key player contracts.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I know you Dak fans don't wanna hear that, but Rush has proven that basically any QB would get us into the play offs with the squad we had over the last couple of years. Maybe not with 12 wins, but with just enough anyway. This team was good enough to beat up the little kids on the play ground and hold their own against some better opponents. And since Dak couldn't beat the best, no difference there.

Of course Rush wouldn't have gotten us anything in the play offs either, but here we are again, no difference.

Most are saying it doesnt matter because they dont spend the cap to fillout the roster..you want to use a lesser QB with lesser cap hit..ok thats a good plan..IF you fill out the roster with the cap savings..if your doing it to sign CD and Micah your going nowhere again....the Rush games were not sustainable anyway and i get its an example...but look at what he did with the low cap hits of Romo and Dak...now all the sudden Jerry is gonna "Do it right!"..i find that hard to believe.

Chasing6

Reaction score

I have no problem with a bus driver approach. However, I don't trust GM Jethro to build a quality team.

GM Jerry only knows how to buy things. That is how he contributed to winning his 3 SB's.

Jimmy did all of the heaving lifting and most likely had to tell Jerry where to spend it.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Most are saying it doesnt matter because they dont spend the cap to fillout the roster..you want to use a lesser QB with lesser cap hit..ok thats a good plan..IF you fill out the roster with the cap savings..if your doing it to sign CD and Micah your going nowhere again....the Rush games were not sustainable anyway and i get its an example...but look at what he did with the low cap hits of Romo and Dak...now all the sudden Jerry is gonna "Do it right!"..i find that hard to believe.
I'm not saying he is doing it right. Just saying that while Dak got us 12 wins repeatedly, he got us nothing where it counted. Yet another, worse QB (as far as the skillset goes) also got us quite a few wins whenever we had to put him on the field. So what do I make of that? That team covered the QB, not the other way round. Neither way is "sustainable", so no difference there.

The (imo) false logic of the Dak fans is, they think the team let him down. All I'm saying is that he never made the difference like a true franchise QB should, so then why keep him around as the franchise QB? The team will get it's results (and get kicked out of the play offs early) either way.

As I said, JJ didn't have a plan B. It was Dak or die, and we died nevertheless. 8 times in a row now. So I'm ready to try something else. And I don't need another 12 win season right away. Heck we started a pretty nice run with a 1-15 season some decades ago. Just show me that you build something, and I will endure the dry years. But build something.