Nike Uniforms Unveiled (Cowboys Pics Start Post #188)

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Corleone;4489769 said:
Here is a pretty good picture:

screenshotbon222.jpg

If they just fix that, I'm fine, our uniforms are classic but I wish we would wear the blue jerseys more. The 90's throwbacks are pretty awesome too.

I would like to see those striped socks come back.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Corleone;4489769 said:

screenshotbon222.jpg

If they just fix that, I'm fine, our uniforms are classic but I wish we would wear the blue jerseys more. The 90's throwbacks are pretty awesome too.

Could just be the picture quality but I don't like the brightness of Romo's compared to Aikman's.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps;4489818 said:
It's the same in any fanbase. You just never know.

I dunno. I have a hunch Raider fans might be a little abnormal.

They're appear to be absolutely insane at times. Road Warrior spikes?

csirl

Reaction score
Hoofbite;4489791 said:
Could just be the picture quality but I don't like the brightness of Romo's compared to Aikman's.

Its the picture quality. Found an old team photo from 1989 at home - Aikmans first season -pants were 'greenest' I've ever seen the Cowboys wear.

Lodeus

Reaction score
Corleone;4489769 said:

That uniform looks great!

BigDinAZ

Reaction score
Times change....

People change....

Uniforms change....

The star is the icon, period. The "nostalgic" fans of yester-year are getting older, and the newer younger masses are the main demographic now. The NFL is a business in this aspect. They will keep some of the nostalgia, but they will make it more appealing for the younger masses, IMO. Nike in general caters to more of the younger athletic crowds anyways.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
BigDinAZ;4489933 said:
Times change....

People change....

Uniforms change....

The star is the icon, period. The "nostalgic" fans of yester-year are getting older, and the newer younger masses are the main demographic now. The NFL is a business in this aspect. They will keep some of the nostalgia, but they will make it more appealing for the younger masses, IMO. Nike in general caters to more of the younger athletic crowds anyways.
Bingo. The star is the only part of our uni's that are iconic. Eventually the uniforms have to be updated or classic turns to old and tired which the current ones are starting to become. They're clean but they're also very boring in 2012. I'm not saying they need a drastic change, but just something subtle. Something to actually make them unique and bring them into the 21st century.

Machete

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Lodeus;4489917 said:
That uniform looks great!

Would like a star or 2 on the home jersey. I've worn the home jersey and have been asked what team it belongs too.

JackWagon

Reaction score
From the link the Cardinals Unis and the Chargers both looked pretty cool. The star is the star ... do whatever you want around it but the star is the symbol for this team and alwyas has been. That and the fact they wore their away jersey (white) even at home.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
iowast8rs;4489990 said:
Would like a star or 2 on the home jersey. I've worn the home jersey and have been asked what team it belongs too.
Just give me the star on the sleeve that the blues have, but on the whites.

BigDinAZ

Reaction score
SDCowboy85;4490002 said:
Just give me the star on the sleeve that the blues have, but on the whites.

Just please nothing like the Apex jerseys we had back in the 90's!!

:(:(

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Hoofbite;4489838 said:
I dunno. I have a hunch Raider fans might be a little abnormal.

They're appear to be absolutely insane at times. Road Warrior spikes?

What's wrong with road warrior spikes?

I have to admit, that is one thing that I wish we had with this team...some level of craziness.

Maybe it's the Gwar fan coming out in me, but I'd love it if we had a faction that dressed up and acted like madmen.

As for the uniforms though...they need to be normal...i.e. no spikes. :)

Just make it one color grey/silver and one color blue. Fixed.

StevenOtero

Reaction score
I'd like this:

http://img708.*************/img708/4062/dalhome.png
http://img651.*************/img651/5197/dalroad.png
http://img831.*************/img831/1663/dalalt.png