News: Niners Strategy: Force the 40mil QB to beat us

CWR

Reaction score
Except they left 6 and 7 man boxes all day, daring us to run. They played coverage, that's not making the qb throw. Watch their actions , not what they say.

Yeah obviously they said that because they knew damn well we can't run the ball. Who the hell else was gonna beat them?

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
I only stated this clear fact about 123x on this board. Many knuckle heads on here have been blaming Zeke (deserves it), our OL (deserves it)...In the end everyyyyyy team took away our running game gave the keys to the city to Dak who unfortunately has no idea what to do with them. Even an idiot like me had this figured out early on.

GMO415

Reaction score
Breaking News.... everyone knew that.

More breaking news ....9ers will be next to us on the couch come Monday.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Breaking News.... everyone knew that.

More breaking news ....9ers will be next to us on the couch come Monday.
They do have a team that's built for a cold weather game but, yeah doubtful they get a win there. One thing I do know, there's a ton of Dakboys fans out there right now just praying that the niners somehow can beat Rodgers to make themselves feel better.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Except they left 6 and 7 man boxes all day, daring us to run. They played coverage, that's not making the qb throw. Watch their actions , not what they say.

Game plan is easy if you can stop the run with a light box and get pressure rushing 4.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
I may be wrong, but I can’t recall a defense ever saying we’re going to force Romo to beat us.

Yet there were defenses who still found a way to limit Romo or beat Romo and force Romo into making mistakes. Including in the big playoff games and elimination games that the Cowboys had. There were times in which Romo could not overcome a good defensive game plan, especially one that was successful in getting so much pressure on him that the OL couldn't protect him properly and games like the 34-3 loss to the Vikings in the playoffs is an example of this.

Last edited:

Blake

Reaction score
I may be wrong, but I can’t recall a defense ever saying we’re going to force Romo to beat us.

Defenses knew they were going to force Romo into making untimely mistakes. Enough with the revisionist history.

Defenses toyed with him just like they do Dak, but in a slightly different way.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Screen_Shot_2020-01-14_at_10.34.57_AM.jpg

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
https://thespun.com/more/top-stories/49ers-player-brutally-honest-admission-dak-prescott

Niners: Well boys we're down to our second string in the secondary.

Also the Niners: Let's make him throw it.

Actually the strategy was to let us try to run it. If they wanted Dak to pass the ball then they woudlnt have been in a two deep zone all day.

What they meant was that they knew we couldnt run the ball. We suck at it. They could stop that with 4 guys. So lets flood the passing zones and force the passing game to face that and take away the deep pass. Same thing everyone else has done the last 10 weeks.

Playmaker247

Reaction score
They played 7 in coverage almost the entire game. That’s “I dare you to run defense” not “force QB to beat you defense”

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Dak way way overated we are history till a decent QB.

This title deficit goes back 26 years when Aikman was still playing. Lets not pretend we were collecting rings by the handful until Dak came along.