No. 88 for No. 1

cern

Reaction score
Yeah, Dez was used incorrectly for his entire career.
Dez's forte was high pointing the ball, ergo he was used to the best of his ability. Unfortunately that style makes for rough landings which leads to injured knees, ankles, feet and backs. Shortens a career.

Thomas82

Reaction score
Dez's forte was high pointing the ball, ergo he was used to the best of his ability. Unfortunately that style makes for rough landings which leads to injured knees, ankles, feet and backs. Shortens a career.

In his prime, Dez was also an excellent receiver after the catch. They didn't use that enough.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I love that Lamb brings a sense of confidence and even a bit of cockiness of believing in himself. Now comes the hard part which is the work and dedication to being the best. I saw that with Irvin when I would go to camp in Austin. It would be burning hot out there and as guys would start to tank in the heat, Irvin was the voice pushing guys and pushing himself, no one was working harder than Mike

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Great article about CeeDee
No. 88 for No. 1
http://tinyurl.com/ycdymk8k
I read this article, and it changed my outlook on cd, and then the one part
"Lamb initially wanted to wear No. 10 but acquiesced to 88 upon insistence from team owner Jerry Jones."
made me think it is too soon for another 88 , and he should have been allowed to be #10 and make his own history.

There was a 10 year or more between the other 88's, and now only 2 year gap.
Since your a supporter you can start a poll, I would like to see a poll on this and maybe you could start a poll.
Lamb should be
1. # 88 carry on this # 88 tradition
2. # 10 make his own history, make a new # historic

I guess it doesnt matter since jones wants him to be 88 , but I think it is too soon, and it would be more exciting to see him as # 10.
It just doesnt seem right to make him wear the 88. Which after dez doesnt seem like a great # anymore.
Also it is like making elliot wear # 22 .
There should be at least 10 years between one 88 and the next one, otherwise it just seems corny.
As far as jersey sales, I think # 10 would have sold as well if not better than # 88.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I read this article, and it changed my outlook on cd, and then the one part
"Lamb initially wanted to wear No. 10 but acquiesced to 88 upon insistence from team owner Jerry Jones."
made me think it is too soon for another 88 , and he should have been allowed to be #10 and make his own history.

There was a 10 year or more between the other 88's, and now only 2 year gap.
Since your a supporter you can start a poll, I would like to see a poll on this and maybe you could start a poll.
Lamb should be
1. # 88 carry on this # 88 tradition
2. # 10 make his own history, make a new # historic

I guess it doesnt matter since jones wants him to be 88 , but I think it is too soon, and it would be more exciting to see him as # 10.
It just doesnt seem right to make him wear the 88. Which after dez doesnt seem like a great # anymore.
Also it is like making elliot wear # 22 .
There should be at least 10 years between one 88 and the next one, otherwise it just seems corny.
As far as jersey sales, I think # 10 would have sold as well if not better than # 88.
Your poll idea is a good one so I just created it.