No big deal guys - READ

bula

Reaction score
bbgun;2473817 said:
Thanks. You saved me a lot of typing. Nice to see that not everyone has lost their mind. Any attempt to whitewash what happened yesterday is patently offensive, not to mention delusional.

Some of you guys here are missing the point. Somehow you seem to think we played a bad team in Dallas in perfect conditions. You have to look the game in itself. The Steelers just manhandled NE in Boston. NE isnt what they were, but they are still playoff quality.

Folks can still doubt this team, but you must recognize that there were GREAT signs in yesterday's loss.

The Panch

Reaction score
bula;2473931 said:
Some of you guys here are missing the point. Somehow you seem to think we played a bad team in Dallas in perfect conditions. You have to look the game in itself. The Steelers just manhandled NE in Boston. NE isnt what they were, but they are still playoff quality.

Folks can still doubt this team, but you must recognize that there were GREAT signs in yesterday's loss.
Postive: Defense for 3.5 quarters.

Negative: Romo, Garrett, Special Teams, Penalties

Seems a little one sided to me.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
bula;2473931 said:

I'm not belittling the Steelers. They are a quality football team; perhaps the best in the AFC. But that game was won. That game was in the bag. I'd rather lose 50-0 than what transpired yesterday.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
superpunk;2473822 said:
I think bbgun found a girlfriend.

bbgun likes 'em opinionated, but dumb?

The Panch;2473871 said:
Unless you plan on finally going thru with your sex change operation, I think not.

Hey. He'll have to fight me for first crack at Lady Superpunk. Sassy women who like football? I'm all over that. Throw Oprah in from a previous thread, and make me an Idgit sandwich, hold the pickle.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Personally, I took away a lot of positives from yesterday's game. If you don't want to, that's fine... but I feel heartened about the team.

They went toe-to-toe with the most physical team in the NFL, which shows the crap about Dallas not being physical is BS.

They have continued to cut down on penalties. And they have improved as a team as the year has gone on, despite a rash of injuries that continued to take away very good players.

I can tell you this: If Dallas does make it into the playoffs, teams are not going to want to face them. Ever since Romo came in as the starter, Dallas has played nearly as well on the road as they have at home. They've made adjustments for the mid part of the season where defenses had slowed the offense down... and the defense is playing like one of the top two or three units in the league.

I promise you that teams don't want to see Dallas in the post-season.

That kind of game that we played yesterday is a learning process. Those games happen to every team and it is part of growing into a championship team, I'm convinced.

Let's just see how the rest of '08 unfolds.

Dallas22

Reaction score
Point is - WE SHOULD'VE WON THAT GAME YESTERDAY, CASE CLOSED!!!

Playoff teams win these kinds of games and we are NOT a Playoff type team. Blame it on injuries, or the Steelers being so good, or the turnovers or the bad coaching, etc, etc, etc... in the end we lost and a good SHOULD NOT lose that game... bye

Still... GO COWBOYS!!!

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
AKATheRake;2473532 said:
Teams that lead by 10 points going into the 4th quarter in a defensive game and lose don't deserve to be in the playoffs, let alone win the SB. Teams that let a porous offense score on 3 offensive drives in a row in the 4th quarter when they've had 3 points all game, don't deserve to be in the playoffs, let alone win the SB.
So the 92 Cowboys didn't deserve their Super Bowl. Gotcha.

zeromaster

Reaction score
5Stars;2473787 said:
Optimism is NOT ALLOWED !! Please get with the program and slam each and every coach, player, owner, waterboy, cheerleader, etc., that you can think of!

Oh, and don't forget to jump on the "get rid of Romo" bandwagon! The dude sucks golfballs through a garden hose!!

:cool:
I'm all for slamming cheerleaders... ;)

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
utrunner07;2474116 said:
how do you figure?
I'd guess he's assuming the Skins beat them in DC and coupled with 2 Dallas wins would most likely eliminate them.

Not the likeliest scenario, esp regarding the Skins.

seniorette

Reaction score
bbgun;2473808 said:
Prediction: a new version of this thread will pop up here next Monday, even if we lose to the Giants.

"Golly gee, last night sucked, but if we beat the Ravens and Eagles, then . .."

I got a great idea.
Why don't we just "copy and paste"?
and sleep in next week.
ENJOY THE JOURNEY.:lmao2:

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2474144 said:
I'm with you, bula.

And...

Owned.
Isn't it amazing what a tough loss to possibly the best team in the AFC does to the mindset of a great number of posters here.

All the nonsense of this team being soft, gutless and weak-minded. I think they're just projecting their own inadequacies.

bula

Reaction score
utrunner07;2474116 said:
how do you figure?

yes Philly loses to Washington or 11 wins is needed. in either case, Philly doesnt make it and the final game only means something playoff-wise to Dallas.

kramskoi

Reaction score
bula;2473372 said:
yes we lost but I take more positives from this game that any game in the past 4 years. It reminds me of the Commanders road game back in 1992 where we were dominating the game and lost it due to so many flukey plays at the end. Then we didnt lose another game including the SB.

Dallas outplayed a top team on the road in 17 degree temps. To me it was their best game of the year BAR NONE. Yes they lost. Get over it. See it for what it was. This was a better "overall" team than the one that lost to the Giants in the playoffs last year. They played with passion and some nastiness I havent seen either.

Backs against the wall now, but all we were hoping for before yesterday was to get into the playoffs right? Well, we're IN as of today and I feel better about this teams chances in the playoffs then I did before the Steeler game. This team showed heart.

NYG have peaked and were exposed. Ravens, not as good as Pitt and we have them at home. Philly will be out of it by the last game.

They'll make it. no worries here.
the critical difference is that this team is coached not by Jimmy Johnson but Wade Phillips...Johnson with a considerable distaste for losing versus mr. silver lining...

There are games that give you an indication of how a team will perform in the playoffs. Some past games off the top of my head?

N.O. 2006
PHI 2006-2007

Watch the Eagles and McNabb...they will once again show Dallas how its done down the stretch...if Dallas falls to six losses they won't make the playoffs...they know how to finish a season.

Baltimore is statistically superior to Pittsburgh, according to Football Outsiders and the bashing of Washington should give you some indication that Romo's field vision will be tested yet again...and not just against them...these defenses are all top tier and Romo has to go 3-0 or the Cowboys won't make the playoffs.

They played lights out for 3 1/2 quarters and then proceeded to give up 17 unanswered in nine minutes of play.

This team is too mistake prone right now to seriously think they'll survive the entire playoffs on the road. The defense is on no doubt but all three phases have to be on the same page for the playoffs...Dallas is'nt there yet and now they have no margin for error.

What is the standard of excellence for the Cowboys? Just backing into the playoffs at #6?

If that's the standard then we should certainly not be disappointed with this team so far...indeed they should probably get a few extra days off.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
kramskoi;2474185 said:
the critical difference is that this team is coached not by Jimmy Johnson but Wade Phillips...Johnson with a considerable distaste for losing versus mr. silver lining...

There are games that give you an indication of how a team will perform in the playoffs. Some past games off the top of my head?

N.O. 2006
PHI 2006-2007

Watch the Eagles and McNabb...they will once again show Dallas how its done down the stretch...if Dallas falls to six losses they won't make the playoffs...they know how to finish a season.

Baltimore is statistically superior to Pittsburgh, according to Football Outsiders and the bashing of Washington should give you some indication that Romo's field vision will be tested yet again...and not just against them...these defenses are all top tier and Romo has to go 3-0 or the Cowboys won't make the playoffs.

They played lights out for 3 1/2 quarters and then proceeded to give up 17 unanswered in nine minutes of play.

This team is too mistake prone right now to seriously think they'll survive the entire playoffs on the road. The defense is on no doubt but all three phases have to be on the same page for the playoffs...Dallas is'nt there yet and now they have no margin for error.
Actually if we beat the Giants and Eagles, we're likely in the playoffs. Unless you think the Falcons will win out.

Dallas22

Reaction score
The key here is the heart and drive of the 2008 Cowboys... they don't posses these qualities yet and may never. Be REAL. The Cowboys of the 90's HAD heart & drive and won 3 Super Bowls... this team has not shown these things against the better teams in the league on a consistant basis. They have to PROVE that they have they qualities over & over again, bu over & again they've failed. I always will have hope and cheer for them but I will also be realistic.

Being a TRUE fan is not being blind and thinking that the Cowboys will be fine... a TRUE fan, in my opinion, is being realistic but ALWAYS cheering on your team

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Dallas22;2474192 said:
The key here is the heart and drive of the 2008 Cowboys... they don't posses these qualities yet and may never. Be REAL. The Cowboys of the 90's HAD heart & drive and won 3 Super Bowls... this team has not shown these things against the better teams in the league on a consistant basis. They have to PROVE that they have they qualities over & over again, bu over & again they've failed. I always will have hope and cheer for them but I will also be realistic.

Being a TRUE fan is not being blind and thinking that the Cowboys will be fine... a TRUE fan, in my opinion, is being realistic but ALWAYS cheering on your team
You used CAPS on some words.

Definitely strengthens your argument there.

Heart and Drive. How in the hell do you measure an intangible quality? If you can't measure something, how do you "PROVE" it exists?

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Dallas22;2474192 said:

I agree wholeheartedly. You take the good with the bad and always root for them in the end. Right now I feel Romo still has a lot to prove. It doesn't mean he won't prove himself. I'm just growing increasingly skeptical. No rose colored shades here.

That said, I'll be right back at it this weekend cheering them on.