No Cowboys WRs Met The League Ave For Separation

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Lamb was running wide open all year last year…..Cooks is great at separation his whole career. If you want to argue Tolbert and these other guys fair enough but I can’t buy it on Lamb.
Well yea I'm talking about other than Lamb.

Cooks hasn't been able to separate for 3 years now.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Just look at Cooks career numbers, hes been in decline since he has been with Houston. Still a solid role player, but hes not the #2 guy the Cowboys are asking him to be.
WRs with Cooks athletic profile don’t just forget how to run at age 30. I get there should be some slippage due to age, but these separation numbers are WELL below average.

starfan1

Reaction score
I take pleasure in trying to enlighten others on the issues with this team that many refuse to see. If we could foil Jerry Jones where it hurts most, change would likely come. But because people choose to be delusional, he continues to make his money, and continues his tyranny hold on this poor team.
not sure whats funnier Jerry's delusion or yours. You have little to no impact on the cowboy brand it is much larger than any other.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
WRs with Cooks athletic profile don’t just forget how to run at age 30. I get there should be some slippage due to age, but these separation numbers are WELL below average.
It’s year 11 for cooks, there is a lot of wear and tear on his body and he really doesn’t have a great second tool aside from his speed. His YPG have been in decline since 2020. Most receivers who have been around as long as he has are in physical decline.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Look, there's no doubt that Dak has stunk it up so far this season, but he's getting absolutely ZERO help from this receiving corps. Cee Dee looked like trash on Sunday.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So? A handful of plays doesn't change the point. It's not like he always had separation, either.
No separation:
Timing route against a LB:
He can't beat man coverage because he can't separate vertically.

How is that not separation in both plays? What’s your idea of separation?

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
How is that not separation in both plays? What’s your idea of separation?
The first is not separation, that's a contested catch. The second is but it's against a flatfooted LBer in a zone, you don't get that look often.

I have always thought 2.5 was a good line of demarcation but if the average is 2.96, then that.

Creeper

Reaction score
Cooks is small so you cannot have him run routes where the DB is behind him because he could be 3 yards open and still look covered by a taller DB. He needs to be running routes across the field and get him the ball on the run. The Cowboys run too many routes where they run to a spot and stop or curl back. Notice in the 4th quarter they were throwing the ball down the middle and hitting receivers in stride.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Our routes are predictable, the running scheme sucks. Remember the Packers fired Mike McCarthy because things weren't working in Green Bay. With Aaron Rodgers at that.

Yet there are still tons of Cowboys fans that think everything wrong here is Dak.....