No Cowboys WRs Met The League Ave For Separation

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Broaddus has put this on the offensive scheme/McCarthy. He's not making any easy plays for the offense. Everything Dak has to make is a tight window throw. Remember this was a problem last year. Mainly due to McCarthy refusing to use motion.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Broaddus has put this on the offensive scheme/McCarthy. He's not making any easy plays for the offense. Everything Dak has to make is a tight window throw. Remember this was a problem last year. Mainly due to McCarthy refusing to use motion.
So annoying why would you not use the advantage motion brings?

ClintDagger

Reaction score
I know the All 22 showed Cook wide open a lot last week. On TV I could see a few times Cook coming across the middle almost uncovered. It will be interesting to see if the All 22 supports what this nexgen stuff is saying.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
that tells me the corners know your route tree.
Bingo!

There has been a lot of stories and speculation that the Cowboys are very predictable and I can tell you that their route concepts are simplistic and many allow teams to cover 2 guys with 1 defender.

Normally route separation has to do with the player's speed and athleticism. Jalen Tolbert fits that bill. He does not run crisp routes and he dawgs it a lot. But Cooks and Lamb are athletic and should be easily getting separation.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I know the All 22 showed Cook wide open a lot last week. On TV I could see a few times Cook coming across the middle almost uncovered. It will be interesting to see if the All 22 supports what this nexgen stuff is saying.
gotta feed CD if you dont his Momma will blast Jerry on Twitter..lol...but cooks had chances and didnt really come through this Sunday, he was covered on those.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Is this the measurement of when they were thrown to or does it encompass every route run? I have a hard time believing they are looking at every route run.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I mean I wouldn’t put a ton of stock in this.

Any notion that Lamb can’t get separation is kind of stupid.
you mean you couldnt see the contested crosses and hooks...what do you consider seperation?

Wangchung83

Reaction score
Sure looked a lot better when Dak took over. Maybe they should run high tempo / 2 minute a few more series and see how it goes.
I would say I agree, however, the defense was in prevent d. It also took three plays to get the score once they got down there. If Dak and the receivers were pressed like they would be in a tie game or being down his 2 min wouldn’t have been nearly as effective

Wangchung83

Reaction score
Is this the measurement of when they were thrown to or does it encompass every route run? I have a hard time believing they are looking at every route run.
That’s the point it doesn’t include all plays or missed opportunities, it only shows when Sak attempted a throw to them. No one is answering bc it’s trying to prove a metric instead of what’s actually on film.

Redline360

Reaction score
All this points to is coaching and scheme.

You have two 1k recievers that can't get separation? Yea don't think it's them

quickccc

Reaction score
We can't run the ball but at least our WRs can't get separation............:facepalm:

when our WRs are running freaking Stop -routes.. instead of shallow drags, deep posts and go fly routes , of course the route design and scheme is not gonna help matters.

Can our starting QB connect to the WRs when they do get a rare deep fly route .. instead of it being Overthrown,...or underthrown where WRS
have to slow and pull up for an underthrown, contested ball ..??

Stop using our speed WRs as mere possession guys - sending them on power slants, etc. ...geeez !! ..:banghead: