no deal expected for Dockery

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
his agent just said that w/ it being so late in the stage, a new deal is not expected for his client, OG Derrick Dockery, so he'll probably be hitting free agency when it starts March 2nd

:laugh2: stupid skins, the fans on ES think it's a matter of the Skins not wanting to pay to keep him, the reality is, they can't, not for what he's probably asking for

Woods

Reaction score
summerisfunner;1387135 said:
his agent just said that w/ it being so late in the stage, a new deal is not expected for his client, OG Derrick Dockery, so he'll probably be hitting free agency when it starts March 2nd

:laugh2: stupid skins, the fans on ES think it's a matter of the Skins not wanting to pay to keep him, the reality is, they can't, not for what he's probably asking for

I've been saying for some time that assuming we sign Colombo, that Dockery may be a more doable option for JJ than Steinbach/Deilman.

I thought he really started to show improvement last year.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
summerisfunner;1387135 said:

Given the state of the Skins salary cap situation this is not a surprise that they will lose him. DS thought he could buy a championship and it is coming back to haunt the skins

austintodallas

Consider Yourself Sucked
Reaction score
Yeah I just buzzed by ES and they're pretty much freaking out about it. Good stuff.

I'd love to have him here.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
Woods;1387147 said:
I've been saying for some time that assuming we sign Colombo, that Dockery may be a more doable option for JJ than Steinbach/Deilman.

I thought he really started to show improvement last year.

I've said this before, but if the Cowboys sign Dockery, they should also replace Kosier and probably Columbo.

Either go with finesse players or go with power players, this mishmash has killed Dallas over the last ten years. Make a decision and stick with it.

apickmans

Reaction score
I would really like to know how much Dockery is asking for. Its hard for teams to keep their entire line for consecutive years, that being said I would like for Dockery to come back. He is young and is well liked by everyone. Theres still a chance he tests FA and comes back to us but I give that 40/60 chance.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
apickmans;1387369 said:
I would really like to know how much Dockery is asking for. Its hard for teams to keep their entire line for consecutive years, that being said I would like for Dockery to come back. He is young and is well liked by everyone. Theres still a chance he tests FA and comes back to us but I give that 40/60 chance.

more like 10/90

montgod

Reaction score
I am sure he would be a good pickup, but I remember reading/hearing that he was pretty inconsistent and it was moreso about ...watch out, bout to use the "P" word... how much Potential he had in being a dominant OL. I could be wrong though. I mean...the Skins RB's didn't do have bad in finding open lanes to run through at times.

I still would rather Steinbech or Dielman be looked at before Dockery.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
not that good...fat...makes alot of penalties...will cost way more than what he is worth

no thanks

we can draft somebody in the middle rounds better than him

David

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
He jump Offsides wway to often and besides he's a Commander.

fanfromvirginia

Inconceivable!
Reaction score
dbair1967;1388047 said:
not that good...fat...makes alot of penalties...will cost way more than what he is worth

no thanks

we can draft somebody in the middle rounds better than him

David
I remember his first couple years when he was a penalty-committing machine. I mean horrendous. I assume that part of his resurgence was a drop in penalties. I wonder if anyone has these stats?

I'm skeptical of Dockery (although not quite as much as you) but open to evidence.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
well when portis went out....betts ran his tail off....did he run a lot inside? did he run behind dockery?

Mansta54

Reaction score
Biggems;1388156 said:
well when portis went out....betts ran his tail off....did he run a lot inside? did he run behind dockery?

Yep, he did... They ran the ball well up the gut.. No doubt, Dockery would be a HUGE upgrade from Rivera. I just hate the fact thats he's a DEADSKIN. It may sound shallow but I hate the thought of signing them...:bang2: