No excuses for this offense!

Offense brought back every single starter, kept their playcallers and have just one key starter missing, although his backup Bass has a ton of starting experience. Add in all the cap resources on that side of the football, there is zero excuse for this offense coming up short time after time. I wrote a post prior to the season about this unit being overrated, they have done nothing to change my opinion.

Dak has had many chances to change the narrative for him not being an elite QB. However, can you remember any time he delivered a winning TD on their last drive? Now it isn't just him, year after year this team beat themselves with committing unforced mental mistakes. They usually led the league in penalties every year. Last week was a perfect example when Schoon commits a false start inside the 2.

It is fair to wonder if Schott and Dak are the one's to take us to the top. Once the Defense improves, what will their excuse be then?
Just say GOTI Three times and wave your wand and Dak will be the QB you want him to be

giphy.webp
 
If they can consistently get the run game as the complimentary piece it needs to be then this offense will do really well.

I know they did well even without the run game but the legitimate threat of a run opens up so many options for the offense to take advantage of.

I'm curious to see how Tyler Smith's return will effect the ground game.

My opinion.
It won't matter if they keep abandoning the run on the goal line.
 
So you demand perfection? Or close to perfection as possible. How many points a game do you expect them to average? 34? 35? 38? Should they be scoring on 90% of their drives.

Screw it...defense gets a pass
Situational football. They need to score tds 1st and goal to go.
 
If the defense improved the offense wouldn’t need excuses at all. Average defensive performances probably makes you 3-0 right now.

I anticipated some regression from the offense coming into the season but that really hasn’t been the case this far. The offense has been scoring at a very high rate. If they keep that up and the defense doesn’t allow scores on 50%+ of drives these late game high pressure moments become very infrequent.
Short fields played into it. Not scoring in the red zone.
 
I feel your pain bro. I really do, but offense isn't our biggest problem. Coaching decisions, the failure of our coaches having the team ready to play, coaches clock management are all our biggest problems.

Injuries are killing us on defense. It takes time for a new defense to gel, and it makes it harder to gel when you have 2 players dropping every game. On the offensive side of the ball, missing the best player on your offensive line definitely matters, just asked all of our running backs.

Now its time to move onto facts over feelings, respectfully.... while you feel there's no excuses for the offense, I don't believe that they feel any is required. The offense put up 31 points.... usually an NFL team who puts up 31 points has a 75% to 80% winning ratio.

Dak isn't an elite quarterback. You asked can anybody remember anytime Dak delivered a winning TD drive? I believe he has 19 4th quarter comeback wins, and 26 game winning drives.

Of course the rest of the offense played their parts to solidify those wins, but yes, he's done those things you've mentioned.
How about we don't take the ball out of the rbs hands on the goal line?
 
I feel your pain bro. I really do, but offense isn't our biggest problem. Coaching decisions, the failure of our coaches having the team ready to play, coaches clock management are all our biggest problems.

Injuries are killing us on defense. It takes time for a new defense to gel, and it makes it harder to gel when you have 2 players dropping every game. On the offensive side of the ball, missing the best player on your offensive line definitely matters, just asked all of our running backs.

Now its time to move onto facts over feelings, respectfully.... while you feel there's no excuses for the offense, I don't believe that they feel any is required. The offense put up 31 points.... usually an NFL team who puts up 31 points has a 75% to 80% winning ratio.

Dak isn't an elite quarterback. You asked can anybody remember anytime Dak delivered a winning TD drive? I believe he has 19 4th quarter comeback wins, and 26 game winning drives.

Of course the rest of the offense played their parts to solidify those wins, but yes, he's done those things you've mentioned.
He never asked about game winning drives or 4th quarter comebacks.
 
They have been a bit underwhelming to me so far.
But they are improving each week. BS is what the issue is right now. Poor play calling, poor clock management. Playing scared.
Well if his latest presser is to be believed.

The problem is bigger than him on the field.

It would also explain why hes never been a HC.

His need to be liked.

And its not just that presser, its the standing up for Eberflus, trying to be everyone's friend.
 
Offense brought back every single starter, kept their playcallers and have just one key starter missing, although his backup Bass has a ton of starting experience. Add in all the cap resources on that side of the football, there is zero excuse for this offense coming up short time after time. I wrote a post prior to the season about this unit being overrated, they have done nothing to change my opinion.

Dak has had many chances to change the narrative for him not being an elite QB. However, can you remember any time he delivered a winning TD on their last drive? Now it isn't just him, year after year this team beat themselves with committing unforced mental mistakes. They usually led the league in penalties every year. Last week was a perfect example when Schoon commits a false start inside the 2.

It is fair to wonder if Schott and Dak are the one's to take us to the top. Once the Defense improves, what will their excuse be then?
I would have liked for us to have run the clock out on the 2nd to last drive where we went 3 and out before the Ravens last TD drive.

I would have liked for us to have gotten into the endzone when it was 1st and goal from the 2 with 1 timeout and 50 seconds left.

But when I look at our offense compared to the rest of the league...I would not called it overrated. But I get the frustration. And I am glad you made a point to include other factors and not pin it ALL on Dak.
 
Offense brought back every single starter, kept their playcallers and have just one key starter missing, although his backup Bass has a ton of starting experience. Add in all the cap resources on that side of the football, there is zero excuse for this offense coming up short time after time. I wrote a post prior to the season about this unit being overrated, they have done nothing to change my opinion.

Dak has had many chances to change the narrative for him not being an elite QB. However, can you remember any time he delivered a winning TD on their last drive? Now it isn't just him, year after year this team beat themselves with committing unforced mental mistakes. They usually led the league in penalties every year. Last week was a perfect example when Schoon commits a false start inside the 2.

It is fair to wonder if Schott and Dak are the one's to take us to the top. Once the Defense improves, what will their excuse be then?
The idea that our offense should just score as many points as the defense allows, needing to get one more, seems like your philosophy. It is a terrible way to excuse the defensive play in the bad special teams that have been plaguing this team for about three years now..

You think they messed up at the end of the game, but really, they were forced to score over 34 points again.

What exactly is our defense allowing? Yet somehow, you’re taking shots at the offense again.

Our offense has scored enough points to win most games in this league.

Blaming Prescott or other big players making the money doesn’t make sense. Was the false start Schottenheimer or Schoonmaker? Who fumbled the ball, Schottenheimer or Ferguson? How about the holding penalty that wiped out a big play by George Pickens, was that Schottenheimer again? It’s like Schottenheimer is being blamed for everything, even though Prescott got them in position for the tying field goal.

He listened to his coach, which I think was the right call, because a lot could have gone wrong, tipped ball, interception, pick-six, or the clock running out.

Would you have been fine with a loss then? But now you’re upset with this loss because of the last 7 seconds and bad special teams.

I don’t want to hear about messing up the last 28 seconds because he’ll take the blame, but you’re saying the offense should be forced to score however many points it needs, no matter how bad the defense is.

For three years in a row, you’ve flipped the script on this.

These post-game reactions are ridiculous, all because people found a scapegoat and decided it was obvious why we lost. The truth is, we lost because of bad defense and poor special teams. Yet somehow, the offense gets blamed for not taking risks to win.

That’s not a loss; it’s just not winning. With some luck, maybe George Pickens wouldn’t have been called for pushing off, but he did, and he wasn’t open when Prescott hit his back foot and threw it away.

They thought a tie with seven seconds left would send them to overtime, but they were wrong. Even on that last throw to Pickens, it could’ve been intercepted, tipped, or hung in the air too long, leaving no time for a field goal.

There are plenty of ways to look at this game, but blaming the offense is awful.


This whole week has been full of miserable, over-the-top criticism, as if the offense should score 100 points just because they’re overpaid. Meanwhile, the other two-thirds of the team, plus the coaching staff, except for Schottenheimer, get zero blame. Somehow, it’s all on the offense.

We lost the game because the defense gave up 34 points and that is all I am going to say and I'm gonna keep saying it all week you guys can keep talking about the offense and I'm going to keep pointing out they were not responsible for any one of those 34 points Those are all in the defense and some on the special teams that the time management was more about the bad kickoff at the end I mean the special teams coordinator should be fired right now I'll give you that but that 34 points was not because of the offense anybody who thinks our offense should just keep scoring and scoring and scoring even with limited possessions,

they literally score around 31 points a game that's not enough for you all you need more. Even Peyton Manning and the Greatest Show on Turf with Kurt Warner they had one thing they had better defense and better coaches that's for damn sure and I'm talking about defensive coaches special teams the the other assistants but too much blame right now is being pointed at the offense and I'm sick of it.
 
Dak has had many chances to change the narrative for him not being an elite QB. However, can you remember any time he delivered a winning TD on their last drive? Now it isn't just hHowever, can you remember any time he delivered a winning TD on their last drive? im, year after year this team beat themselves with committing unforced mental mistakes. They usually led the league in penalties every year. Last week was a perfect example when Schoon commits a false start inside the 2.

Hey @Relayer how do you interpret his second sentence? What was different than what I posted about game winning drives?
 
The offense doesn’t need an excuse.

In three games, they have averaged 29.3 points per game.
They are the only team in the NFC East, including the Eagles, with a positive point differential at +6. NY is -9; Philly is -14; Washington is -17.

Expecting the offense to be perfect on every possession is no different than having a great defense and expecting perfection on every series. Our defense has given up 27.3 points per game.

I think it’s fair to question the defense and the special teams who are not giving the offense any short fields. I think it’s fair to question the coaching. The offense is not perfect, but they are definitely not the problem.
 
The idea that our offense should just score as many points as the defense allows, needing to get one more, seems like your philosophy. It is a terrible way to excuse the defensive play in the bad special teams that have been plaguing this team for about three years now..

You think they messed up at the end of the game, but really, they were forced to score over 34 points again.

What exactly is our defense allowing? Yet somehow, you’re taking shots at the offense again.

Our offense has scored enough points to win most games in this league.

Blaming Prescott or other big players making the money doesn’t make sense. Was the false start Schottenheimer or Schoonmaker? Who fumbled the ball, Schottenheimer or Ferguson? How about the holding penalty that wiped out a big play by George Pickens, was that Schottenheimer again? It’s like Schottenheimer is being blamed for everything, even though Prescott got them in position for the tying field goal.

He listened to his coach, which I think was the right call, because a lot could have gone wrong, tipped ball, interception, pick-six, or the clock running out.

Would you have been fine with a loss then? But now you’re upset with this loss because of the last 7 seconds and bad special teams.

I don’t want to hear about messing up the last 28 seconds because he’ll take the blame, but you’re saying the offense should be forced to score however many points it needs, no matter how bad the defense is.

For three years in a row, you’ve flipped the script on this.

These post-game reactions are ridiculous, all because people found a scapegoat and decided it was obvious why we lost. The truth is, we lost because of bad defense and poor special teams. Yet somehow, the offense gets blamed for not taking risks to win.

That’s not a loss; it’s just not winning. With some luck, maybe George Pickens wouldn’t have been called for pushing off, but he did, and he wasn’t open when Prescott hit his back foot and threw it away.

They thought a tie with seven seconds left would send them to overtime, but they were wrong. Even on that last throw to Pickens, it could’ve been intercepted, tipped, or hung in the air too long, leaving no time for a field goal.

There are plenty of ways to look at this game, but blaming the offense is awful.


This whole week has been full of miserable, over-the-top criticism, as if the offense should score 100 points just because they’re overpaid. Meanwhile, the other two-thirds of the team, plus the coaching staff, except for Schottenheimer, get zero blame. Somehow, it’s all on the offense.

We lost the game because the defense gave up 34 points and that is all I am going to say and I'm gonna keep saying it all week you guys can keep talking about the offense and I'm going to keep pointing out they were not responsible for any one of those 34 points Those are all in the defense and some on the special teams that the time management was more about the bad kickoff at the end I mean the special teams coordinator should be fired right now I'll give you that but that 34 points was not because of the offense anybody who thinks our offense should just keep scoring and scoring and scoring even with limited possessions,

they literally score around 31 points a game that's not enough for you all you need more. Even Peyton Manning and the Greatest Show on Turf with Kurt Warner they had one thing they had better defense and better coaches that's for damn sure and I'm talking about defensive coaches special teams the the other assistants but too much blame right now is being pointed at the offense and I'm sick of it.

This is definitely the post of the week. This is a post of someone who knows how football is played. You obviously have a very high football IQ.

Hopefully you can rub off on a few here with alarmingly low football IQs. You can tell by the post game reactions who really dont know anything about NFL football or football in general.
 
The offense doesn’t need an excuse.

In three games, they have averaged 29.3 points per game.
They are the only team in the NFC East, including the Eagles, with a positive point differential at +6. NY is -9; Philly is -14; Washington is -17.

Expecting the offense to be perfect on every possession is no different than having a great defense and expecting perfection on every series. Our defense has given up 27.3 points per game.

I think it’s fair to question the defense and the special teams who are not giving the offense any short fields. I think it’s fair to question the coaching. The offense is not perfect, but they are definitely not the problem.
We have been in this mode for longer than I care to remember. We literally come in here on the day after a game and attack the offense for "only" scoring 30+ points. I tell you man I do not get it at all. I mean I know a lot of it is blind Dak hate but beyond that it just makes zero sense. 31 points wins you upwards or 90% of NFL games.. Now would I like for them to have scored 41 and won the damn game? Absolutely.. but I live int he real world. I do not expect any player or unit to be perfect. YES they can be better.. but I am reasonable enough to know what SHOULD be good enough.. and 31 points falls firmly in that realm.. and giving up 34 points clearly does not.
 
This is definitely the post of the week. This is a post of someone who knows how football is played. You obviously have a very high football IQ.

Hopefully you can rub off on a few here with alarmingly low football IQs. You can tell by the post game reactions who really dont know anything about NFL football or football in general.
You should suggest others would read more of his posts if they were shortened by about 2,456 words and 4 paragraphs. You are right though, he does bring up valid points most of the time but few on here have the patience to disect what he is trying to say
 
Offense brought back every single starter, kept their playcallers and have just one key starter missing, although his backup Bass has a ton of starting experience. Add in all the cap resources on that side of the football, there is zero excuse for this offense coming up short time after time. I wrote a post prior to the season about this unit being overrated, they have done nothing to change my opinion.

Dak has had many chances to change the narrative for him not being an elite QB. However, can you remember any time he delivered a winning TD on their last drive? Now it isn't just him, year after year this team beat themselves with committing unforced mental mistakes. They usually led the league in penalties every year. Last week was a perfect example when Schoon commits a false start inside the 2.

It is fair to wonder if Schott and Dak are the one's to take us to the top. Once the Defense improves, what will their excuse be then?
Are you aware the Cowboys are averaging more points per game this year than last year?
 

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
476,017
Messages
14,657,309
Members
24,226
Latest member
Dorsett99Yards
Back
Top