No home field advantage

HeavyBarrel

Reaction score
Most popular team in the most popular sport in a state that loves football and produces talent but that home crowd seems awful on TV, it makes no sense lol

Satchel89

Reaction score
So was at the game and as others have pointed out since the Death Star opened, there is zero home field advantage. The raiders fan seemed twice as loud an energetic as ours.

They really need to open up some cheap seats and get the die hard fans in there but then who will pay $72 for nachos?

on the plus side some asshat was wearing a giant cowboy hat in front if us blocking the view of like 5 ppl.

oh and the refs were worse in real life than I’m sure they appeared on tv
Totally agree...I hate that stadium

CoachD

Reaction score
As a Cowboys fan for the last 45 years I will say that the Cowboys NEVER have had a home field advantage. Cowboy's fans do a great job of sitting on their hands during games. They make it so easy for other team's quarterbacks to call signals, audibles, change protections whatever the offense wants to do. Did you see Zeke trying to get the crowd fired up yesterday and you still got nothing. There is a reason why teams don't want to go to Arrowhead, Seattle, Pittsburgh, or Greenbay because they have that 12th man element that means a lot. AT&T Stadium can hold over 100,000 fans but they make as much noise as if there were only 20,000 it's really embarrassing.

FTWayne

Reaction score
hey! you weren't the guy behind me messing with my giant *** hat, were you?

vlad

Reaction score
hey! you weren't the guy behind me messing with my giant *** hat, were you?
lol nono wasn’t me, I’ve found ppl are too big of dks (not you) to actually be courteous to other ppl. I just switched seats with my mom and dealt with it.

unless it was your family getting up like literally every 5 minutes not paying attention to the game. Even my dad who doesn’t care for sports was like ***. On the plus he has two screaming hot daughters wearing fun clothes. Surprised he didn’t care that their boyfriends hands were all over them lol.

fun times!

Oh one last thing the stadium isn’t why the home field sucks, it got loud as hell when the raiders fan wanted it to be, like drowning loud, just cowboys fans suck

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Since we have no homefield advantage, seems we should be playing not to get it.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Linda Cohn Saturday on Maddog, said the same that it was ashame the LV fans were way louder than Dallas.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
So was at the game and as others have pointed out since the Death Star opened, there is zero home field advantage. The raiders fan seemed twice as loud an energetic as ours.

They really need to open up some cheap seats and get the die hard fans in there but then who will pay $72 for nachos?

on the plus side some asshat was wearing a giant cowboy hat in front if us blocking the view of like 5 ppl.

oh and the refs were worse in real life than I’m sure they appeared on tv
So sorry you had to pay serious money to see that poop show.

Flamma

Reaction score
I've been watching games from the 80s recently. I noticed a lot more crowd noise in those games. In fact, QBs used to hold up the game because they couldn't hear. Now I can hear the QBs cadence. You're not hearing anything the QB says in those 80s games when the crowd got riled up. I guess fans just aren't that pumped up anymore. Am I missing something?

DFWJC

Reaction score
Home field advantage absolutely does show up come playoff time.....especially for Dallas.

Dallas has lost its last 8 away playoff games.....dating back to 1992

Dallas is 13-3 in home playoff games during that span.

Last edited:

Praxit

Reaction score
what advantage can there be when everytime we get em in 3rd and long flags come out

it creates a "who cares" attitude

like who cares its 3rd and 76 here comes pi
lol..... lol.....:lmao:

DFWJC

Reaction score
I've been watching games from the 80s recently. I noticed a lot more crowd noise in those games. In fact, QBs used to hold up the game because they couldn't hear. Now I can hear the QBs cadence. You're not hearing anything the QB says in those 80s games when the crowd got riled up. I guess fans just aren't that pumped up anymore. Am I missing something?
True.

Kansas City, Green Bay, New Orleans....maybe Baltimore are the only places I can think of where visiting teams can't hear anything during select times of the game.
I probably left out a team, but there aren't many.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Home field advantage absolutely does show up come playoff time.....especially for Dallas.

Dallas has lost its last 8 away playoff games.....dating back to 1992

Dallas is 13-3 in home playoff games during that span.
May want to check those numbers.

Flamma

Reaction score
True.

Kansas City, Green Bay, New Orleans....maybe Baltimore are the only places I can think of where visiting teams can't hear anything during select times of the game.
I probably left out a team, but there aren't many.

I know Denver used to be a mad house. Maybe it's the way they're building new stadiums? I don't know. But going back and watching games I noticed the crowd noise.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
It's true, when I go to away games, the fans are nuts.

Those are the real hard core expressive fans. PSL is for the privileged who sit and may as well be watching a movie at the cinema. I've seen more excitement at a funeral.