No more editing posts?

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Am I the only one whose edit button has dissapeared? Not sure where to post this, not sure if it's just something weird on my computer or what.

Thanks.

EDIT: Odd, I can edit this one... maybe I'm going crazy. Please delete this.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
theogt;1947769 said:
Test.

Edit. Just you, buddy.

Actually I can edit this one but not my older posts, I'm trying to fix a few typos in my mock draft and there's no edit button. Is there a time limit or something?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
TheCount;1947771 said:
Actually I can edit this one but not my older posts, I'm trying to fix a few typos in my mock draft and there's no edit button. Is there a time limit or something?
The ability to edit goes away after a while.

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
I'd estimate within half an hour you lose the edit option after a post.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mavs Man;1947778 said:
I'd estimate within half an hour you lose the edit option after a post.
30 mins to an hour would be a good estimate. Not sure the exact amount. Forgot what Reality told me a long time ago.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
TheCount;1947766 said:
Am I the only one whose edit button has dissapeared? Not sure where to post this, not sure if it's just something weird on my computer or what.

Thanks.

EDIT: Odd, I can edit this one... maybe I'm going crazy. Please delete this.
You can edit posts for up to an hour after you post them. Once that time limit has been met they can no longer be edited.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Captain Grid Iron;1947798 said:
Is there a good reason for that? Why can't posts be edited on a longer-term basis?
The software is set up to have a time limit. We can set the time limit. That's the one we chose.

During mock drafts run by the site we set it to like 3 hours.

60 minutes just seems to be a good default. It's very rare that you'd need to edit something beyond that.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
HoleInTheRoof;1947812 said:
Maybe you should try to edit this thread and title into something Cowboy-related.

I'm pretty sure they are leaving it on here to edcuate the rest of those that didn't know about the time limit. Don't worry, I'm sure it's bringing your whole CowboyZone experience down, but it'll be gone soon enough.

Maybe if you had read the 1st post, you'd see I already asked for the thread to be deleted.

HoleInTheRoof

Benched
Reaction score
TheCount;1947814 said:
I'm pretty sure they are leaving it on here to edcuate the rest of those that didn't know about the time limit. Don't worry, I'm sure it's bringing your whole CowboyZone experience down, but it'll be gone soon enough.

Maybe if you had read the 1st post, you'd see I already asked for the thread to be deleted.

In the future, please seek questions to your difficult forum questions in the "Support Zone".

Your cooperation is much appreciated!

Captain Grid Iron

Reaction score
Thank you, Hostile, for your timely, friendly and informative response! I appreciate it, and I'm sure everyone else with such questions do as well. TheCount had a very good question, even if it was in the wrong forum. I'm looking at you, Hole.

HoleInTheRoof

Benched
Reaction score
Captain Grid Iron;1947875 said:
Thank you, Hostile, for your timely, friendly and informative response! I appreciate it, and I'm sure everyone else with such questions do as well.

You forgot to say "You're handsome Hostile! I always laugh at your jokes! And you make a mean steak on the grill! For he's a jolly good fellow!"

Captain Grid Iron;1947875 said:
TheCount had a very good question, even if it was in the wrong forum. I'm looking at you, Hole.

You're looking at me?

And?

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Very interesting. I didn't know there was a time frame on edits as well. Makes sense but I didn't realize that.