Video: No one defended Dak

phildadon86

Reaction score
Might I add this-

Notice how our players went to Cooper's aid? Why not for Dak? I think Dak is a great guy, but the truth may be a lie. Is it true that this locker room doesn't like Dak?

Not from literally everything I have heard and read. You can keep saying it though. Wont make it true

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Not from literally everything I have heard and read. You can keep saying it though. Wont make it true

May I ask what your sources are? I know you stated that Witten would run through a wall for him and Dak and Zeke texted, but that shows nothing. What would Witten look like by saying, "Oh yeah, Dak. I don't really like him, nor does the team." Witten has more class than that and likely lied. Like I said, I doubt that Dak is a bad guy, but there's something eerie about that locker room that isn't adding up. It's not just from the Za'Darius getting in Dak's face, its the entire team as a whole and how low their energy is. Maybe the locker room morale took a toll after this very Rams game?

phildadon86

Reaction score
May I ask what your sources are? I know you stated that Witten would run through a wall for him and Dak and Zeke texted, but that shows nothing. What would Witten look like by saying, "Oh yeah, Dak. I don't really like him, nor does the team." Witten has more class than that and likely lied. Like I said, I doubt that Dak is a bad guy, but there's something eerie about that locker room that isn't adding up. It's not just from the Za'Darius getting in Dak's face, its the entire team as a whole and how low their energy is. Maybe the locker room morale took a toll after this very Rams game?
Maybe the HC isnt doing his job? Why is it that the whole team looks flat and its on Dak. You ever think maybe the team is tired of Garrett's robotic nature? Him talking about a meatball sub that he almost threw up? Now because the energy is low the team doesnt like Dak? Are you listening to yourself ?

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Most of Tony’s bad throws were the result of his idiot wideouts quitting on or not running correct routes. DP is CONSTANTLY throwing behind guys, under throwing them, or throwing to the wrong shoulder. Tony was twice the QB accuracy-wise #4 will ever be.

Making excuses for Romo's bad throws. I guess his pick 6s to let the Lions comeback and win the game was all the WR's fault and worse than the bad throws that Dak has made. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Maybe the HC isnt doing his job? Why is it that the whole team looks flat and its on Dak. You ever think maybe the team is tired of Garrett's robotic nature? Him talking about a meatball sub that he almost threw up? Now because the energy is low the team doesnt like Dak? Are you listening to yourself ?

I didn't say the entire team looking flat was on Dak. Dak practically getting bullied in that clip is a product of this low energy. I'm saying that yes, it likely is on the HC, but the QB is a leader and should rally his team, and the team should rally with him. The other teammates should take part in being leaders as well, but the QB should be the one that everyone on the team stands up for, regardless of coaching. Where was Zeke, his best friend on the team? That has nothing to do with coaching. That has to do with a decimated locker room caused by one of the team members. Was Dak the member that brought the locker room down? I doubt it. But he and the other teammates should come together help bring it together, don't ya think? After this clip, it's clear that its going to take some time for that to happen, because if I were Dak, I'd be pissed that I got no aid from the team that "loves" me.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Use a little common sense and think of the scenario folks. The O-Linemen are blocking with their backs to Dak. The receivers and TEs are downfield running routes. Maybe the RB too. The pass is thrown and gets picked off. The receivers don't immediately look at Dak and the O-Linemen don't turn around with their back to the play to look at Dak, they all look at where the ball goes, see it picked off, and then consider if they can help tackle the DB who intercepted the ball and either start moving toward him, or watch as others tackle him. Dak is out of the picture, a long way from where the play is going on. Nobody even knows this is happening, yet here are fans of silly soap opera trying to fabricate drama and turmoil where there is none.

visionary

Reaction score
Nothing to do with Dak and players not liking him at all. I said this in a thread a long time ago. This team has no respect for the Star. I cant remember but someone took the ball and ran it to the star a few years ago and no one ran to push him off of it, maybe the punter. I cant remember exactly but something to that effect. When TO did it, Emmitt ran to push him off of it. This team doesnt care. Nor do the coaches. We need someone in here who respects the Star and knows what it means. Lincoln Riley comes to mind

Plenty of players have said they respect the star and love playing for the Cowboys. Take your agenda somewhere else

:muttley:

phildadon86

Reaction score
Use a little common sense and think of the scenario folks. The O-Linemen are blocking with their backs to Dak. The receivers and TEs are downfield running routes. Maybe the RB too. The pass is thrown and gets picked off. The receivers don't immediately look at Dak and the O-Linemen don't turn around with their back to the play to look at Dak, they all look at where the ball goes, see it picked off, and then consider if they can help tackle the DB who intercepted the ball and either start moving toward him, or watch as others tackle him. Dak is out of the picture, a long way from where the play is going on. Nobody even knows this is happening, yet here are fans of silly soap opera trying to fabricate drama and turmoil where there is none.
@AmariChill

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I didn't say the entire team looking flat was on Dak. Dak practically getting bullied in that clip is a product of this low energy. I'm saying that yes, it likely is on the HC, but the QB is a leader and should rally his team, and the team should rally with him. The other teammates should take part in being leaders as well, but the QB should be the one that everyone on the team stands up for, regardless of coaching. Where was Zeke, his best friend on the team? That has nothing to do with coaching. That has to do with a decimated locker room caused by one of the team members. Was Dak the member that brought the locker room down? I doubt it. But he and the other teammates should come together help bring it together, don't ya think? After this clip, it's clear that its going to take some time for that to happen, because if I were Dak, I'd be pissed that I got no aid from the team that "loves" me.
So, Dak is supposed to do what? Hit the guy in the face and get a 15 yard penalty? He's supposed to be smart about his job, not act like an out of control idiot. If you want to see passion from Dak, look at how he refuses to slide when he is running for a 1st down and there are tackler's bearing down on him. He doesn't shy away from the contact like a lot of QBs. Dak has his shortcomings, but I've never heard anyone in a position to know say that leadership is one of those. Not even the media, who is prone to creating any drama and latching onto any criticism it can to draw the interest of readers, suggests that Dak isn't a leader.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
So, Dak is supposed to do what? Hit the guy in the face and get a 15 yard penalty? He's supposed to be smart about his job, not act like an out of control idiot. If you want to see passion from Dak, look at how he refuses to slide when he is running for a 1st down and there are tackler's bearing down on him. He doesn't shy away from the contact like a lot of QBs. Dak has his shortcomings, but I've never heard anyone in a position to know say that leadership is one of those. Not even the media, who is prone to creating any drama and latching onto any criticism it can to draw the interest of readers, suggests that Dak isn't a leader.

I am NOT upset at Dak for this first of all. My problem is that no one came to his aid, not that he didn't slap or punch Za'Darius in the face. I am upset at this locker room as a WHOLE for not stepping up for each other or showing passion for the game. I am upset at THIS COACHING STAFF for not enforcing better team morale. I'm sure Dak is a leader in the locker room, but what I'm trying to say/convey is the fact that no one follows him up on that. No one wants to step up with him into the role of being a leader. This locker room is decimated mentally wise is what I'm trying to say.

NeathBlue

Reaction score
I don’t think it’s a big issue, though I’d have liked to see our OLmen be there backing him up...
Certainly in the 90’s, if something like that happened to our QB, Big E and Gogan would have bounced the perpetrator up and down the sidelines till they got bored.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I am NOT upset at Dak for this first of all. My problem is that no one came to his aid, not that he didn't slap or punch Za'Darius in the face. I am upset at this locker room as a WHOLE for not stepping up for each other or showing passion for the game. I am upset at THIS COACHING STAFF for not enforcing better team morale. I'm sure Dak is a leader in the locker room, but what I'm trying to say/convey is the fact that no one follows him up on that. No one wants to step up with him into the role of being a leader. This locker room is decimated mentally wise is what I'm trying to say.
They're relaxed. Too much weed being smoked before the games.

sean10mm

Reaction score
The Cowboys didn't have Romo's back when he was being cheap shotted, either. They always just stood around. Team has been soft at least since Parcells left, if not since 1996.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Read my post prior to this one. How can someone come to the aid of a person they are looking away from and therefore can't see that there is anything going on?

I still don't get this "lack of passion" argument some are putting out. They are having problems on offense because of mistakes, not from lack of effort or caring. For that matter, mistakes often occur from trying to do too much, not too little. As for team morale, and the locker room being "decimated mentally", what is there to prove that?

I personally believe that thinking is just an effort for fans to make it a personal thing rather than a football thing - or maybe just because some are more drawn to soap opera than football. The problems are football related, not a major emotional breakdown sweeping through the locker room. What the team needs is to clean up the mistakes on offense, and somehow adjust the defense to better stop the run. Football adjstments.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Read my post prior to this one. How can someone come to the aid of a person they are looking away from and therefore can't see that there is anything going on?

I still don't get this "lack of passion" argument some are putting out. They are having problems on offense because of mistakes, not from lack of effort or caring. For that matter, mistakes often occur from trying to do too much, not too little. As for team morale, and the locker room being "decimated mentally", what is there to prove that?

I personally believe that thinking is just an effort for fans to make it a personal thing rather than a football thing - or maybe just because some are more drawn to soap opera than football. The problems are football related, not a major emotional breakdown sweeping through the locker room. What the team needs is to clean up the mistakes on offense, and somehow adjust the defense to better stop the run. Football adjstments.
:hammer::hammer:

DFWJC

Reaction score
Making excuses for Romo's bad throws. I guess his pick 6s to let the Lions comeback and win the game was all the WR's fault and worse than the bad throws that Dak has made. :rolleyes:
Romo (and Troy, and Roger) had his/their share of real stinkers. Always seemed to bounce back right away the next week, but they were there nevertheless..

In the Detroit game, he was playing with a healing punctured lung and broken ribs in that Lions game though. Many players would just sit that game out. Not a good 2nd half though....for sure. Early season non playoff, non divisional game saw the QB throw for 3 TDs and 300+ but then also have 3 picks.

Now the Chicago game (I think that same year?) was really weird.
:muttley:
hey, you play 90+ games, you're going to have several bad ones.