No RB1

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
Does it concern anyone that we don’t have a number 1 running back? We got Zeke, Dowdle, a JAG. None of those guys are number one level backs. Lupke is good for like two yards.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
An improved OL will help the RB's. No matter the rotation.
Who starts is really irrelevant. Most likely Zeke starts. If not, it will be Dowdle, then Zeke enters based on the run play results from Dowdle.

If successful runs, and not in passing downs or short yardage, he stays in. If only a few yards. Then we see Zeke for pass protection or a run, then stays in for pass protection if 3rd down.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Dowdle, Vaughn, and your choice of Freeman/Zeke should get the job done.

I don't believe they are acquiring a top-tier RB any time soon, unless the running game completely falls apart and Jerry trades for one mid season.

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
Why not just look it up and be honest to start with?

The number of attempts mean nothing. You said nothing about that in your OP.
Lupke is a scrub. I don’t want to be hard on the guy. He is not going to be good for much. That just being honest.

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
Dowdle, Vaughn, and your choice of Freeman/Zeke should get the job done.

I don't believe they are acquiring a top-tier RB any time soon, unless the running game completely falls apart and Jerry trades for one mid season.
If the deuce is on this team it will not be a good. Sorry he is not a legit nfl running back

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
No
Does it concern anyone that we don’t have a number 1 running back? We got Zeke, Dowdle, a JAG. None of those guys are number one level backs. Lupke is good for like two yards.
No, it doesn't. What does bother me is they brought in Zeke and Freeman, and tried to sell us on the stability of the position. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm not seeing any difference makers in the committee.

They're banking on Zeke returning to form, Deuce evolving into mighty mouse, Dowdle to stay healthy, and either Leupke or Freeman to show they belong on a roster. I'm not confident any of that will happen.

I'm told it's an easy position to fill, yet I'm left wondering why they haven't properly addressed it. The blatant disregard at the position is bewildering.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Zeke.

No one said that about Tony last summer, and he had one good leg. 8/

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Lupke is a scrub. I don’t want to be hard on the guy. He is not going to be good for much. That just being honest.
I don’t know why he is not playing in preseason , we need to see if he has got any better .

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
Derrick Henry was there to be had for 6 million. Which he said he would have taken. The stupidity or arrogance whatever you want to call it to not sign him in inconceivable. I can only conclude it was because dak told Jerry he wanted Zeke back.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Derrick Henry was there to be had for 6 million. Which he said he would have taken. The stupidity or arrogance whatever you want to call it to not sign him in inconceivable. I can only conclude it was because dak told Jerry he wanted Zeke back.
Dallas does not have the cap for that.

They are trying to be smart.

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
No

No, it doesn't. What does bother me is they brought in Zeke and Freeman, and tried to sell us on the stability of the position. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm not seeing any difference makers in the committee.

They're banking on Zeke returning to form, Deuce evolving into mighty mouse, Dowdle to stay healthy, and either Leupke or Freeman to show they belong on a roster. I'm not confident any of that will happen.

I'm told it's an easy position to fill, yet I'm left wondering why they haven't properly addressed it. The blatant disregard at the position is bewildering.
Well if cee dee holds out for Amy games. You may see a coaching change by week 7, the start of this schedule is brutal. Idk maybe that’s what Jerry wants.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would not say he is a scrub. But yes, what can he do to help the team in limited plays.
Zeke can block and run better in short yard / goal line situations, and better protect the football.

Unless they have plays where both are on the field, so who blocks for who, or pass protect and the other goes out as a check down option for the QB.
Now that could be interesting.

I like Luepke but is his value more than Deuce. Probably not. But for now I have him on my 53 over Deuce or Freeman. But need to rethink this.