No RB1

CowboysRule

Reaction score
Bull you know what. that’s a lie and you bought it
Henry likely has at most one good year left. So then what happens next season? Just go with what we got on the roster which should be good enough and then draft someone (preferably not in the first round).

Loso86

Reaction score
Does it concern anyone that we don’t have a number 1 running back? We got Zeke, Dowdle, a JAG. None of those guys are number one level backs. Lupke is good for like two yards.
Our fan base said it doesn't matter who plays RB so why should it

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Totally on Dak this season. RB room is weakest since the Joe Randle season and WR room isn’t far behind. Ceedee and a bunch of mid.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Does it concern anyone that we don’t have a number 1 running back? We got Zeke, Dowdle, a JAG. None of those guys are number one level backs. Lupke is good for like two yards.
No Zeke is good for about 2 yards and that's asking a lot!

exciter

Reaction score
Not really when you consider McCarthy runs a “pass to run” offense whose backs have always consisted of mostly Jags who averaged 800-1100 yards and a 4ypc average. What you saw last year is what your going to get in this version of the west coast!

bottleKids

Reaction score
It all comes down to how well the O line plays... I am not saying we don't have one of the most unproven RB room's in the NFL, but if our line can play well and we get "average yards" from our backs we should be ok if Tad's brother plays decent.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The problem with our running game is at RB we have no one that truly threatens a defense.

No one currently on this roster scares a defense enough to not drop their safeties back into coverage which makes the passing game harder to hit intermediate routes. The passing game becomes “check down city” because the safeties are deep. Why are they so deep? They aren’t worried about any of these RBs hitting a long run.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Well if cee dee holds out for Amy games. You may see a coaching change by week 7, the start of this schedule is brutal. Idk maybe that’s what Jerry wants.
No extensions agreed on from coaches or players, minimal talent acquisition outside of the draft, cryptic messages from the GM to the two star players on offense. It would not surprise me if we saw Zimmer take control before the end of the season.

Lots of young talent on that side of the ball, and the offensive line looks primed to lead a power run, ball control scheme. It would make alot of sense to let go of the shiny toys and shift focus to a grit and toughness, build the trenches, suffocate opposing offenses, and run the ball down their throats mentality. Just a thought.

Retro88

Reaction score
I'm concerned for this season bc I disagree with our approach to our 2024 season. I don't like one foot in, one foot out approach. We're intentionally not putting the best team we could have out there bc they don't know if they want to blow it up a bit or not.

Since that's their approach, I really don't mind it. Keep the salary off the books. See what Vaugn/Dowdle can be. Maybe they can create a poor man's Zeke/Pollard season.

Deal with the true RB situation when you know what you're doing at QB/HC next year.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
In a year of very suspect decisions by this front office, this is just another head scratcher.
There was options at RB and they chose to neither draft or trade/ offer a deal to any - ANY RB this off season.
If they do not bring in a player after cut downs I'll be very surprised.
Part of the Jones' "were the smartest in the room" ideology.

This, and not getting contracts done this off-season when they have had every opportunity to, has made for 1 very unhappy camper.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Dallas does not have the cap for that.

They are trying to be smart.
Would you rather buy a pound of 90/10 grass fed ground beef or three packages of bologna. No diss on bologna, but in this case I’ll take the ground beef. Not much difference in the price.

That’s not being smart.

Texasfootball21

Reaction score
Not concerned at this time, however we still potentially can add a RB as training camps make some cuts. Also NFL trade deadline is set for November 5th, so if we're in a position to make a run at it we could possibly trade for one.