No Riley Cooper Thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
There have been two deleted already becacuse of links posted to the video.. which contains language that's inappropriate according to the rules of this site.

rynochop

Reaction score
Geez, how could he even show up to practice the next day.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I posted a thread in the NLF Zone asking that no threads containing the actual video of Cooper's comments be posted. Any links that pertain to the subject matter which do not link to the idiots comments are certainly acceptable. I think that reasonable discussion of the incident is certainly OK.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
young kid who lost his cool. I honestly don't think he knew the full meaning behind the word when he ranted it but he's probably learning fast. The perplexing thing to me tho is that this word I bet is used freely, but under different circumstances, within the locker room and field on a daily basis.

lol

Seriously?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Guys, please don't subvert the language filter. We all know what the word is and by now, anybody can just google Cooper and see the video. Don't post stuff that goes around the language filter to try and spell out the N-Word. Lets be smart about this please.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
yes seriously. Based on the music and television content 24 year olds gravitate towards these days, this and other offensive words are used freely. I'm not talking 60+ yr olds.

The man is 25, almost 26 years old right now. Not to mention he is around black people every day of his life. You have to be kidding me to act like he wouldn't know what saying that comment would mean.

He didn't say, "Hey what up my (man)."

He said, "I will fight every single (man) here."

If he doesn't see a difference between those two statements, or if you don't, that's no excuse. There's clearly a difference.

Ignorance is not bliss.. and its not an excuse either.

EDIT: Even with the difference between the two uses of the word, you should be smart enough as a public persona to know not to use either of the words in a public setting. There's a difference between what gets said in the privacy of your own locker room and what is said in the open for anyone to hear.

WhizKid

Reaction score
Your life experience speaks volumes. I'm glad I know how I'll act angrily at a Kenny Chesney concert.

Reaction score
The man is 25, almost 26 years old right now. Not to mention he is around black people every day of his life. You have to be kidding me to act like he wouldn't know what saying that comment would mean.

He didn't say, "Hey what up my (man)."

He said, "I will fight every single (man) here."

If he doesn't see a difference between those two statements, or if you don't, that's no excuse. There's clearly a difference.

Ignorance is not bliss.. and its not an excuse either.

EDIT: Even with the difference between the two uses of the word, you should be smart enough as a public persona to know not to use either of the words in a public setting. There's a difference between what gets said in the privacy of your own locker room and what is said in the open for anyone to hear.

he was at a Kenny Chesney Concert.....

Status
Not open for further replies.