Twitter: No runningback in league hurts their team more

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Have no idea what they're calculating or how. Are they just saying the Cowboys won less football games in 2020 when he played?

HanD

Reaction score
I'd be interested in seeing how it's calculated. Zeke isn't the best but there are a whole lot of scrub rbs I know aren't nearly as good as Zeke. stop it with the Josh kelley duke johnson Frank gore nonsense...

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Have no idea what they're calculating or how. Are they just saying the Cowboys won less football games in 2020 when he played?

Win probability-using the outcome of a play, or set of plays in this instance, and using all prior data points from the same instance to determine how much more/less likely the team is to win after the result of the play.

It is very similiar to EPA if you are familiar.

This chart shows two major things:
1. Zeke's touches have lost the Cowboys an estimated 1.5 games this season alone, which is a whole half game more than the next closest RB.

2. Only one RB with a -.5 game win probability don't have near the contract Zeke does.

If you think Zeke is one of the worst RBs in the league, you either have an agenda or you're an absolute fool
If you have anything of substance to say he isn't then you will look like less of a fool... but for now. Yikes.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

And it's not particularly close. If the guy doesn't have three all-pros blocking for him he becomes one of the worst starting RBs in the league.

Care to explain the chart? Seems like all of the worst guys are the guys who got paid lol....I don't know how Johnson of the Texans is ranked higher than. Zeke but I'm interested to know how.

EDIT: Ok I see what they are doing the bottom number is their salary per year. Gotcha.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Win probability-using the outcome of a play, or set of plays in this instance, and using all prior data points from the same instance to determine how much more/less likely the team is to win after the result of the play.

1. Zeke's touches have lost the Cowboys an estimated 1.5 games this season alone, which is a whole half game more than the next closest RB.

2. Only one RB with a -.5 game win probability don't have near the contract Zeke does.

If you have anything of substance to say he isn't then you will look like less of a fool... but for now. Yikes.
So what they are saying is a bunch of inefficient runs doesn’t contribute much to winning football games? :laugh:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

How are they determining handing the football off to Zeke is resulting in more losses?

Flamma

Reaction score
Unfortunately it looks like you have to be a subscriber to read it unless I missed something which is very possible. I can sure as hell see that graph though, hehe.

You're not missing anything. It's blocked for the average reader.

I'll say this one thing about MythBusters, They're very smart when it comes to the things they do. But they're nerds, sports is alien to them and frankly they have no clue.

They once did an episode on corked bats. Busting the myth that corked bats make the ball go further. When you don't know the game, you don't know the reasons why people do what they do. Players don't cork the bat because it makes the ball go further. They do it to make the bat lighter.

HanD

Reaction score
How are they determining handing the football off to Zeke is resulting in more losses?
Assuming because they don't take into account having a backup at every oline position besides lg. And multiple positions being rookies and first time starters.... also being on your 4th qb takes defensive pressure off the secondary and they can focus on stopping the run regardless of if they load the box or not. Not sure how many rbs faced the same. Miles Sanders may be close but not as many guys replaced.

Creeper

Reaction score
I used to think football was a team sport. But now, according to the latest wave of mathematical analysts, football is actually an collection of individuals who all perform independently without regard to how their teammates perform. Winning and losing is determined by 11 individual performances while team cohesion, communication and coordination are irrelevant.

Funny stat, The Panthers are 0-3 when Christian McCaffery plays and 4-5 when he doesn't.

Zeke is overpaid. We knew that.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
So what they are saying is a bunch of inefficient runs doesn’t contribute much to winning football games? :laugh:

100%, also the fumbles, and lack of explosive plays kill him too. He's one of the least dynamic backs in the league now. It's crazy.

Having the most rushing yards per game on 4.1 yards per carry should not impress literally anyone.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Assuming because they don't take into account having a backup at every oline position besides lg. And multiple positions being rookies and first time starters.... also being in your 4th qb takes defensive pressure off the secondary. Not sure how many rbs faced the same. Miles Sanders may be close but not as many guys replaced.

Right which probably explains why Miles Sanders isn't that much higher than him. Actually looking at who's there...the Jags, Eagles, 49ers, Bronco's....those are all of the worst offensive lines in the NFL lol.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I still root for him!!! Let's go Zeke! Screw the haters that would rather see you fail even if it hurts their team!

ghst187

Reaction score
Just because someone can arbitrarily assign numbers to stuff doesn’t make them useful or truthful statistics. That is just nonsense. Zeke hasn’t been great this year but anything saying he is a liability or bottom of the league is utter foolishness

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Just because someone can arbitrarily assign numbers to stuff doesn’t make them useful or truthful statistics. That is just nonsense. Zeke hasn’t been great this year but anything saying he is a liability or bottom of the league is utter foolishness

It's not arbitrary if the numbers are based on historical results. Just saying.