Twitter: No runningback in league hurts their team more

InTheZone

Reaction score
I'd imagine our offensive line is rated worst or close to worst in the league, coupled with the fact that we don't utilize playcalling as well as others to make zeke runs up the middle less predictable. Every team we face gets wide open holes to run through while Zeke has 2-3 defenders on him before he can think about getting to the line.

ghst187

Reaction score
This is one of the dumbest debates I’ve ever seen on here. Only among our fans would we figure out a way to conjure up numbers and assign values to say how terrible one of our best players is.
Yes, he’s had a crummy year. Yes his contract is terrible and should not have happened. Yes his fumbles have hurt us in a year we have zero margin of error. But also, he’s playing with a QB who is terrible and doesn’t scare anyone, behind a third string OL with puzzling OC/HC decisions and a defense giving up historic points and yardage. No other team or coach in the NFL thinks Zeke is a crummy player. He’s not elite like he was his first few seasons but he’s not terrible either and will be interesting to see if he is suddenly way better next season with his starting OL and QB.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
If you think Zeke is one of the worst RBs in the league, you either have an agenda or you're an absolute fool
Think deeper.. the RB equation is talent + contract + cap = never pay

JBond

Reaction score
You're not missing anything. It's blocked for the average reader.

I'll say this one thing about MythBusters, They're very smart when it comes to the things they do. But they're nerds, sports is alien to them and frankly they have no clue.

They once did an episode on corked bats. Busting the myth that corked bats make the ball go further. When you don't know the game, you don't know the reasons why people do what they do. Players don't cork the bat because it makes the ball go further. They do it to make the bat lighter.
Which increases swing speed resulting in the ball traveling farther when solid contact is made.

Seriously, have you ever hit a baseball?

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just because someone can arbitrarily assign numbers to stuff doesn’t make them useful or truthful statistics. That is just nonsense. Zeke hasn’t been great this year but anything saying he is a liability or bottom of the league is utter foolishness
He actually is a liability of sorts because of his contract. Zeke is a good running back. He’s not dynamic or great and he certainly isn’t living up to his contract and it’s not even close.

Flamma

Reaction score
Which increases swing speed resulting in the ball traveling farther when solid contact is made.

Seriously, have you ever hit a baseball?

LOL, either you have a reading comprehension problem, or I expect too much from those reading my posts. I said they do it to make the bat lighter. Why do I now how to spell out the rest in detail? Isn't it obvious? Why else would anyone want a lighter bat if not for bat speed? I didn't think I needed to explain further.

However, if you don't know that's the reason and use a machine to swing the bat the same speed for both corked and regular, it's not going to show a difference.

JBond

Reaction score
LOL, either you have a reading comprehension problem, or I expect too much from those reading my posts. I said they do it to make the bat lighter. Why do I now how to spell out the rest in detail? Isn't it obvious? Why else would anyone want a lighter bat if not for bat speed? I didn't think I needed to explain further.

However, if you don't know that's the reason and use a machine to swing the bat the same speed for both corked and regular, it's not going to show a difference.
My comprehension is adequate. Calm down. I fully understand. Your statement confused me. But that is not unusual. I am easily confused. Lol.

The faster you swing the bat... the farther the ball goes. Depending on weight, contact, angle etc. That is all.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Zeke has gone from being an every down back that has the potential to take it to the house to a heavier loss of vision goal line type back that is getting run down from behind by LBs.
Ive been a Zeke fan but he looks to me like he is just worn down.

Cmac

Reaction score
Wow!.....that's all you say after reading some of this. This base reminds me of an animal that would eat its young. Meanwhile KMoore bracing to become HC, SLee the LB Coach, and JWitt returning to be Associate HC/TE Coach. Soon, ala, Sam Wyche....."You don't live in Dallas" will be echoed by an opposing coach.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
If you think Zeke is one of the worst RBs in the league, you either have an agenda or you're an absolute fool

And on the opposite side of the spectrum.............if you thought or think that Zeke is the best or one of the best then you are also a fool. Zeke is in the middle of the pack.

He is a sturdy, effective back that needs volume carries. He is not a difference maker or big play back. He can churn out the yards at a plodding pace and you better have a great Oline.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Zeke has gone from being an every down back that has the potential to take it to the house to a heavier loss of vision goal line type back that is getting run down from behind by LBs.
Ive been a Zeke fan but he looks to me like he is just worn down.

Im of the opinion that he was NEVER a take it to the house back. And down by the GL he is too predictable and his inability to bounce it outside hurts him. If the line doenst blow a hole open for him he gets stuffed as he did 3 times in a row last week from the 1.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
How are they determining handing the football off to Zeke is resulting in more losses?

If you want a slow, ineffective start to your offense, then run zeke early in games. Zeke early combined with a horrible defense will guarantee big deficits early and plenty of garbage time. :thumbdown:

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
You're not missing anything. It's blocked for the average reader.

I'll say this one thing about MythBusters, They're very smart when it comes to the things they do. But they're nerds, sports is alien to them and frankly they have no clue.

They once did an episode on corked bats. Busting the myth that corked bats make the ball go further. When you don't know the game, you don't know the reasons why people do what they do. Players don't cork the bat because it makes the ball go further. They do it to make the bat lighter.
Huh, never knew that (not a baseball fan) but cool fact about the corked bats.

Cmac

Reaction score
..when he was photographed in Golf Cart in Cabo, that was huge red flag. I would not sign someone with 2 yrs still on his contract.
….only two allowed to visit Cabo. Got it.
OIP.zCfK-Lt2rbEOHHrdzTNUbwHaKQ

HungryLion

Reaction score
The Jones’ clowns let Byron walk, and give Zeke the largest contract in RB history. All so they can pay Jaylon and then nickel and dime Dak on his extension.

These are the dudes running the show.

DuncanIso

Reaction score

agree.

it’s just more of the #ZekeHate

Zeke will be gone in 2-3 seasons. Maybe 4.

NFL careers are short. Especially for elite RBs.

till then, they can hate all they want.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
The Jones’ clowns let Byron walk, and give Zeke the largest contract in RB history. All so they can pay Jaylon and then nickel and dime Dak on his extension.

These are the dudes running the show.
They offered Dak plenty of money