Sun 12/3 @ NY Giants (FOX) Noon
Sun 12/10 NEW ORLEANS (FOX) Noon
Sat 12/16 @ Atlanta (NFLN) 7:00 p.m.
Mon 12/25 PHILADELPHIA (NBC) 4:00 p.m.
Sun 12/31 DETROIT (FOX) Noon

I count 4 for Dallas

DBoys

Reaction score
In conclusion the schedule between the Cowboys and Skins is pretty even. The Giants have a rough schedule. The Eagles have a easier start and a rough finish.

Thoughts?

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
DBoys said:
Cowboys Schedule:
Sun 9/10 @ Jacksonville (FOX) 3:15 p.m. L 24-17
Sun 9/17 WASHINGTON (NBC) 7:15 p.m.
Sun 9/24 BYE
Sun 10/1 @ Tennessee (FOX) Noon
Sun 10/8 @ Philadelphia (FOX) 3:15 p.m.
Sun 10/15 HOUSTON (CBS) Noon
Mon 10/23 NY GIANTS (ESPN) 7:30 p.m.
Sun 10/29 @ Carolina (NBC) 7:15 p.m.
Sun 11/5 @ Washington (FOX) Noon
Sun 11/12 @ Arizona (FOX) 3:15 p.m.
Sun 11/19 INDIANAPOLIS (CBS) Noon
Thu 11/23 TAMPA BAY (FOX) 3:15 p.m.
Sun 12/3 @ NY Giants (FOX) Noon
Sun 12/10 NEW ORLEANS (FOX) Noon
Sat 12/16 @ Atlanta (NFLN) 7:00 p.m.
Mon 12/25 PHILADELPHIA (NBC) 4:00 p.m.
Sun 12/31 DETROIT (FOX) Noon

I count 4 for Dallas

You count ...4 ____for every NFC-East team except the Giants ...you count WHAT? Not schedules ...but games!

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
I think you're reading into TE77s post and not comprehending very well. Here's another way of looking at what he said ...

After reading the schedule you can only assume the level of difficulty, guess, predict, not know anything but hope that you have easy or difficult games withing that schedule.

However ...

After the game is played you Know for sure whether the game was easy of difficult.

Got it?:rolleyes:

That's not at all what he said.

He said, "Some of the games on the schedule are hard, and some of them are easy. All things considered, each team has hard games and easy games on their schedule and everything tends to balance out."

His post had NOTHING to do with knowing beforehand or afterward. It was about everyone's schedule being equal because everything "tends to balance out." And that's not true at all.

DBoys

Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
You count ...4 ____for every NFC-East team except the Giants ...you count WHAT? Not schedules ...but games!

Relax PT I agree with you that there is no easy schedule in the NFCE. The Eagles do have 5 easy games compared to 4 for the Skins and Boys and 3 for the Giants. I think the extra easy game is balanced out because of the rough closing schedule you guys have.

superpunk

Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:

So, you're saying there are no easy schedules, but there are easy games?

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Yeah, why can't anybody get his point?

We're not talking about a schedule, no not at all.

We are talking about a series of games that each team must play, you know, in a sequence one after another.

Nothing whatsoever to do with a schedule.

superpunk

Reaction score
percyhoward said:
Yeah, why can't anybody get his point?

We're not talking about a schedule, no not at all.

We are talking about a series of games that each team must play, you know, in a sequence one after another.

Nothing whatsoever to do with a schedule.

You've made it so clear.

photo107_1.jpg

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
I mean, just look at the title of the thread. "No Such Thing as an Easy Schedule/Game"

It's obvious he wanted to talk about these two very different concepts simultaneously.

superpunk

Reaction score
percyhoward said:
I mean, just look at the title of the thread. "No Such Thing as an Easy Schedule/Game"

It's obvious he wanted to talk about these two very different concepts simultaneously.
First we have the OP

Listen, I don't believe in easy schedules/games.....Comeback victories, unexpected 50+ field goals, .....They all make games more difficult.

What's your interpretation of an easy game
It appears there is no such thing as an easy schedule/game. However, PT will indulge our attempt to explain what an easy game is. TobiasEagle offered a definition.

Easy schedules? No. Easy games? Yes.

Personally, I thought PT would take TE to task for that comment, that is so completely opposed to PT's original line of thought. His response?

Thanks ...that's a very good assessment TE77
Whoa....now I'm confused. There are no easy schedules/games, but TE77's assessment is very good? PT clarifies with an analogy

If there are several schools in a District (Schools = Schedules; District = NFL)

Within each school there are multiple classes students can attend; some are difficult, some are easy classes (Classes=Games)

Hence, the schools aren't hard or easy, but the classes are.

So, if school is to schedule, as classes are to games, then what PT is saying here is that there are no easy schedules, but there are easy games. Which is exactly what was said in the original post.

Listen, I don't believe in easy schedules/games
I'm glad we had this talk.

DBoys

Reaction score
percyhoward said:

I think it is fair to say he was looking to excuse his team because many have said Philly has an easy schedule. They used the easy opening "games" as ammo for their argument. PT tries to dismiss this by saying there is no easy game therefore no easy schedule. In reality though an easy schedule is defined by easy games :)

He is right though that sometimes games you should win you don't but that is not always the case.

DBoys

Reaction score
superpunk said:
First we have the OP

[/b]It appears there is no such thing as an easy schedule/game. However, PT will indulge our attempt to explain what an easy game is. TobiasEagle offered a definition.

Personally, I thought PT would take TE to task for that comment, that is so completely opposed to PT's original line of thought. His response?

Whoa....now I'm confused. There are no easy schedules/games, but TE77's assessment is very good? PT clarifies with an analogy

So, if school is to schedule, as classes are to games, then what PT is saying here is that there are no easy schedules, but there are easy games. Which is exactly what was said in the original post.

I'm glad we had this talk.

Easy games in a schedule is what makes a schedule easy. So if you have easy classes school is easy. He disproved his own theory :D .

superpunk

Reaction score
DBoys said:
Easy games in a schedule is what makes a schedule easy. So if you have easy classes school is easy. He disproved his own theory :D .

PT talking in circles?

Ya don't say!

TobiasEagle77

Reaction score
5Stars said:
Good try, little 28 year old biscuit boy...
I succesfully broke it down to a point where you could understand it. Mission accomplished. Also, nobody calls me biscuit boy :mad:
AdamJT13 said:
So you're saying a schedule with 11 easy games and five hard games is the same as a schedule with five easy games and 11 hard games?

Sorry, but there definitely are schedules that are more difficult than others, just as there are games that are more difficult.
Obviously Adam, not every schedule is equal. I didn't mean to say that all are equal, just that the difference really isn't that much.

In any case, you can't judge a schedule before the games are played because you don't know which teams are truly good and truly bad. You also don't know when a team's starting QB or RB will be out making them an easier team to face.

Really, not trying to be a D here, I was just making jest.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
TobiasEagle77 said:
I didn't mean to say that all are equal, just that the difference really isn't that much.
Turning off the sarcasm for (only) a minute, the difference in two teams' schedules can be huge. Look at 2005...

When you figure %'s, San Diego's opponents were .559, and Seattle's were .430. That's a difference of .129. Doesn't sound like much?

That means SD played the equivalent of a 9-7 team every week, and Seattle played a 7-9 team every week.

To look at it another way, it's as if SD and Seattle played nothing but .500 teams, except for 8 games. All SD's remaining opponents were 10-6, and all Seattle's were 6-10.

TobiasEagle77

Reaction score
I stand corrected. The Research Tool has decisively convinced me that there are easy(er) schedules.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
percyhoward said:
Turning off the sarcasm for (only) a minute, the difference in two teams' schedules can be huge. Look at 2005...

When you figure %'s, San Diego's opponents were .559, and Seattle's were .430. That's a difference of .129. Doesn't sound like much?

That means SD played the equivalent of a 9-7 team every week, and Seattle played a 7-9 team every week.

To look at it another way, it's as if SD and Seattle played nothing but .500 teams, except for 8 games. All SD's remaining opponents were 10-6, and all Seattle's were 6-10.

Thanks percyhoward! That was so simple, and that is why when I first read this thread, I knew what PT was trying to accomplish...aside from looking really silly!!

Easy games, easy schedule...hard games, harder schedule, period. There is a huge difference in schedules, but, PT intentions were to try and make it look like his parakeets don't have a soft schedule to start the season...he wants people to believe that Philthy has it as hard as everyone else to begin the season, which they don't.

Thus, his "I don't believe it" rant. Then, when stasharoo showed him evidence of a pro coach compiling data to prove that there is in fact hard and easy schedules, he says "throw it out the window".

In the end, it's just another useless thread to try and hype those loser Eaglets of his...no big thing...