No TO = I want Philly to beat Skins

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
I think that losing 2 in a row would make them into a desperate team going into Monday night with the Cowboys. If the Skins lose it would put them in last place. Then Monday night Dallas can take care of business and put Philly in last place with the Skins.

StevenOtero

Reaction score
Either way, I want a lot of injuries on both of those teams. McNabb career ender, Brunell career ender, Portis career ender, Arrington career ender, etc.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Desperate or not desperate they're not as good as the Cowboys this year - and that's not even a bold statement anymore, it's clear to everyone to see.

The only positive of the Eagles beating the Skins would be it would set off Washington's likely forthcoming death spiral and might convince the Eagles they can win without TO (and change his suspension from indefinite to permanent).

Either way, one of the teams is going to lose and that's great. :)

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Vinnie2u said:
I think that losing 2 in a row would make them into a desperate team going into Monday night with the Cowboys. If the Skins lose it would put them in last place. Then Monday night Dallas can take care of business and put Philly in last place with the Skins.
Vinnie, we had a poll here earlier this week on who we'd prefer to see win the Skins_Eagles match. I voted Skins, but had the same thought you do..that losing two straight would have Philly in desperation mode, and that together with what is already being billed as 'a revenge game', AND it being a MNF prime time game, AND an Eagles home game..would all combine to make the atmosphere hellacious for our team.

But, the other factors are gonna exist anyway, and bottom line is we gotta be able to win in any environment.

So it's not the "they'll be desperate when they play us" idea that is pushing me toward wanting Philly to win tomorrow nite. But I am leaning toward that now for another reason.

It's that they may be finished anyway, so let them win one more. :)

Eddie

Reaction score
I simply hope the Eagles and Commanders beat the heck outta each other.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
I always want the Skins to lose... especially since they beat us and we beat Philly!

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
THEHEREAFTER said:
I always want the Skins to lose... especially since they beat us and we beat Philly!

Ditto!
If we take care of our own business, and win against the Giants, Commanders and Eagles. It doesn't matter who wins Sunday night.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I dunno about the "desperation" angle... They should already have gotten to that point, and it hasn't helped them yet. Actually, I think it would be worse for us if they beat Washington soundly and built a little confidence. If they lose tomorrow and fall to .500, and we get a lead on them early Monday Night, those fans might turn on them and eat them alive. Which would be a beautiful thing on national TV.

But I also am totally sick of the Skins fans, so I kind of want them to lose anyway.

Either way. one of my most hated teams is going to lose. :D

Still, I think I'd rather the Eagles hand the Skins a loss, let the Eagles feel good about themselves, and then we beat them anyway. ;)

The Curly One

Reaction score
I do not want any of them to get hurt even though I do not like either team.
I do wish TO would shut up though, what a waste of the Earth's precious oxygen he is.
I am glad to see Washington, Giants and our Cowboys being more competitive this year, I was getting tired of Filthy have 6 gifts per season from the NFC least. Still do not think anyone from the NFC East has what it takes to win the big one but at least we are competitive now. Plus I love to see filthy lose.... Curly

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
I hate to say it, but I think the Commanders have this game on lock, they are very good against the pass, and the Eagles are weakened w/o TO in that department, and the Eagles don't run, maybe they will to help ease TO's loss, but it's the Eagles, so...

and the Eagles can't stop the run, the Commanders have Portis, I think they win, and it won't be close, as much as it pains me to say it, but at least they still have a tough schedule to make up for it ;)

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
I want the skins to win that game (God that hurt to say). I'm afraid that the Eagles will be much better team without TO and I don't want them to get on a roll. I want Washington to win it narrowly and late to keep them disheartened. Washington took a whuppin last week and I want them to really beat each other up. I still fear Philly more than I do Washington; especially with TO gone.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Last thing I want is Philly to gain momentum the next few weeks. Washington is a fruad who cares if they win.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
None of this really matters as long as the Cowboys, "take care of business" and beat the rest of the east this year, we win those 3 games and it will all come together. Hopefully of course with a few more than that.

ghst187

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab said:
Either way. one of my most hated teams is going to lose. :D
QUOTE]

:hammer: of course the flip side is that one of them wins too :-(

:war:

:iggles: :iggles: :iggles: :iggles: :iggles:
:skins: :skins: :skins: :skins: :skins:
:suxiggle: :suxiggle: :suxiggle: :suxiggle: :suxiggle: :suxiggle:
:suxskins: :suxskins: :suxskins: :suxskins: :suxskins: :suxskins:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
cowboyeric8 said:
None of this really matters as long as the Cowboys, "take care of business" and beat the rest of the east this year, we win those 3 games and it will all come together. Hopefully of course with a few more than that.
:hammer: My thoughts exactly.

Grevus

Reaction score
I don't know. Stanger things have happened. Everytime I think the Eagles are going to fall, then get lucky and something good happens for them.....

In the end, I really don't care you wins this game. I only hope that they beat the hell out of each other. I vote for a tie.

Tuna Helper

Benched
Reaction score
I believe the Eagles will rally around McNabb and beat the Commanders. All they have to do is score over 15 points to win.

The Commanders D-line is in bad shape. I think the Eagles will unleash Ryan Moats, and let him run like crazy.

The Commanders are pretenders, and each remaining week of the season will expose them for what they really are. No problem for them though. Gibbs already got his Gatorade dunk in week 2 when he won the "Super Bowl" by upsetting Dallas. How pathetic.

sago1

Reaction score
Hate both of them and don't know who I hate the worst. But I want the Eagles to beat the Skins because I think it best for the Cowboys. If for any reason we end up in a tie with either team, we win out if Eagles win cause we beat them. If Skins win and we end up with tie against them, then Skins win. It's simply best for Cowboys if Eagles win this game and Washington lose. It will then be up to us to take care of business against both of them, but at least it will be in our hands and not the Skins.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
sago1 said:
Hate both of them and don't know who I hate the worst. But I want the Eagles to beat the Skins because I think it best for the Cowboys. If for any reason we end up in a tie with either team, we win out if Eagles win cause we beat them. If Skins win and we end up with tie against them, then Skins win. It's simply best for Cowboys if Eagles win this game and Washington lose. It will then be up to us to take care of business against both of them, but at least it will be in our hands and not the Skins.
We still have to play both teams again. I have no doubt that we can beat the skins the second time just like we should have the first time. This is another reason that I want the Skins to beat the Eagles and keep them from getting on a roll. I would rather have a split with the Skins and beat Philly twice than to split with both of those teams.

rockj7

Reaction score
D :cool: o you guys think Mike help stir the pot with this T.O drama. With the Bret Favre statement.