No to Urban Meyer

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Urban Meyer is getting lots of news pointed his way about a future spot on the Jerry's Puppet List.

If people want Urban as a short-term fix/head coach, maybe but this coach will be with Dallas shorter than Jimmy Johnson. Coach Meyer has continuous health issues, along with being with his family. He will be with Dallas for 3 years AT MOST.

Not against that but just expect it.

3 years is fine, by then we will have won a SB, or 2. And he will have his replacement groomed just as he had Ryan Day ready to take over for him at OSU. That will be another 5 years with multiple SB's.

erod

Reaction score
His health issues have arisen conviently when NCAA stink around his program has arisen

He will no longer have to worry about having to pay players as he can do it here no problem.
Problem is, he can't illegally recruit here. There's a draft.

TasteMyScythe

Reaction score
Maybe it’s just me but the power structures of 30 of the other 32 teams are seriously clouding my judgment with regards to overall expectations with the Cowboys.

My point is that the fan base has been led to believe that Will McClay is the defacto behind the scenes GM for the last few years. Just only not as official title holder. Then why can’t he be officially named General Manager, and pick HIS choice of HC to run the Dallas Cowboys based on HIS vision for the future of the team?

The perpetual cycle of dysfunction is going to continue without this type of drastic decision making taking place at the very top.

So count me in as members of both groups. And that is to replacing BOTH the HC and GM. And yes, JG most definitely needs replacing, and Meyer most likely would be an improvement. But if the GM structure/overall team decision maker remains, real change will never come.

With this type of drastic change, at the very least, there would be a distinct line of accountability and the team could function as most normal teams operate.

Now will it ever happen?
The future of the teams success depends on this decision being made. But how fans interpret team success and how those in control interpret it is how the Cowboys have gotten to where they are today. Don’t count on it. Enjoy the past history and glory for all its worth. It’s all there is at this point.
https://insidethestar.com/is-troy-aikman-a-legitimate-candidate-for-cowboys-general-manager/

Flamma

Reaction score
Urban Meyer as Head Coach.

Kellen Moore remains as Offensive Coordinator, but also learns/implements Urban's offense.

Ron Rivera becomes the new Defensive Coordinator.

The only thing I don't like is the way he runs a spread offense. It reminds me of the run and shoot just with a different read. The run game is out of shotgun and the QB runs it a lot. Not sure it's going to work in the NFL against better defenses or when defenses start disguising their look.

dwreck27

Reaction score
Problem is, he can't illegally recruit here. There's a draft.
Late i know...

But the man knows talent... he knows a quality asst coach when he sees one... and he demands excellence/winning.