No to Urban Meyer

johneric8

Reaction score
Urban Meyer is getting lots of news pointed his way about a future spot on the Jerry's Puppet List.

If people want Urban as a short-term fix/head coach, maybe but this coach will be with Dallas shorter than Jimmy Johnson. Coach Meyer has continuous health issues, along with being with his family. He will be with Dallas for 3 years AT MOST.

Not against that but just expect it.
It's great you are sharing your opinion here, but his results and all the studying I've personally done on this man, belly laugh at you rigid stance.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Give us the same 7 seasons he gave OSU. We’ll be contenders every year. I’ll take that all day.
"Us"? No thank you. I'll take the 6 seasons he was with the Gators & 2 National Championships first.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Plus, a friend of mine used to coach for Urban at OSU and he said the guy was the biggest ****** he’s ever been around at the FBS level. So I might be a little biased. :D
Anyone that successful is going to be an A-hole, Bill Parcells was, Bill Belichick is one, Jimmy was one. I do worry about the college experience but he is not like Nick Saban who has proven himself as a failure on that level. Gotta give at least a chance.

Asklesko

Reaction score
After ten years of Jason Garrett, a string of short term coaches is just what this organization needs.

Carson

Reaction score
Not sold on Kellen Moore yet.... But saying that, Moore should only stay if Meyer hires him

I see Moore staying. He can run a similar system.

Meyer learned from Scott Linehan ... Moore learned from Scott Linehan

catiii

Reaction score
I'd rather have short term than be stuck with a 10 year albatross again. :(
I think of it as a hedge bet.
I know nothing about him though. I only know someone said he enabled the protection of a coach for abuse charges.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Jason Garrett has proven that coaching continuity is not some kind of positive.

If they aren’t winning early in their career then they won’t win late either.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Urban Meyer is getting lots of news pointed his way about a future spot on the Jerry's Puppet List.

If people want Urban as a short-term fix/head coach, maybe but this coach will be with Dallas shorter than Jimmy Johnson. Coach Meyer has continuous health issues, along with being with his family. He will be with Dallas for 3 years AT MOST.

We need a Parcels type overhaul where a highly respected coach comes here and changes the culture and demands effort. The real question is will Jerry allow it b/c he's a big part of the problem.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
I don’t know about that....I want to go through the process (no pun intended,but I did intend it!) and see these available big names out there before calling my balls and strikes. But he really put it out there,and you have to kick the tires on that. They both do....doesn’t mean this is already our HC,but it does mean we’re getting a new one and have quality HCs on table. I figure we got 3 top guys on list...so,that favors us as a built in handicap over whatever dumb dart throw Jerry makes. We can’t trust him...he’s likely to land some guy named Bob Macklemore from Arkansas or whatever....we’ve seen,Gailey,Campo,Wade,Garrett...no,I’m glad he’s talking to Urban and others. It’s safe,I’ve had enough of screwing around with PS coaches.

tm1119

Reaction score
The guy that should be the next coach is in the building at this very moment...don’t let Rhule leave. He’s the type of guy we need to change the culture of this broken franchise.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Goodell will have a field day with him since he likes to harbor woman beaters, murderers and drug users. Perfect fit for the Cowboys! The minute things start getting rough he’ll set sail again in the name of “health”.
He'll go full Orinoco Flow?

Whyjerry

Reaction score

It would be more than 3 years and they will contend everyone. Yes!!!