No UPSIDE in bringing Parcells back***MERGED Parcells sucks threads***

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
He is who he is AND we are who we are with him at the controls

We either do not have the moxie or creativity to gameplan for good teams. All I know is that other teams catch the ball in space in one on one matchups where the receiver overmatches the defender (safety/linebacker). We always seem to catch the ball in traffic with very little room to do much after we catch the ball....hence the fumbles last night.

After 4 years of the SAME results....that is proof that this is no fluke....this is a pattern. Other coaches are getting it done in year 1 or 2 with far less talent. I mean we draft LBers with our 1st round or 2nd round pick. Yet the Saints take ours of the scrap heap and make them more productive than our 1st rounders

Calm down everyone....there is life after Parcells. We wandered in the wilderness with Campo, so many are afraid to let Parcells go, because of the scars of our recent past. But Dave Campo is the ONLY Head Coach in Dallas Cowboy history, that did not make the playoffs. So do not fear that we cannot get a coach in here that can get the job done.

We have cap room....all of our draft picks...a new stadium on the way...a QB of the future....and young talent up and down the roster.

Anyone watching the Lions game or Saints game where no name WRs were making plays all over the field should trust that the NFL is not nearly as complicated as Parcells leads us to believe. The truth of the matter is...our gameplan and approach is so antiquated, that the young gun coaches throw a party WHILE watching us on film and putting together a gameplan to beat us. EVERY good team we faced this year, with the exception of the Colts, had a field day against us. And even some bad teams moved the ball on us easily. In the biggest game of the year we cannot get a 10M WR the ball against BUMS. How many times did we run play action agains the Seahawks last night and NO ONE WAS OPEN? Again our approach lacks creativity! Again I ask you, what is the upside in bringing Parcells back?

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
bbailey423;1296532 said:

We either do not have the moxie or creativity to gameplan for good teams. All I know is that other teams catch the ball in space in one on one matchups where the receiver overmatches the defender (safety/linebacker). We always seem to catch the ball in traffic with very little room to do much after we catch the ball....hence the fumbles last night.

After 4 years of the SAME results....that is proof that this is no fluke....this is a pattern. Other coaches are getting it done in year 1 or 2 with far less talent. I mean we draft LBers with our 1st round or 2nd round pick. Yet the Saints take ours of the scrap heap and make them more productive than our 1st rounders

Calm down everyone....there is life after Parcells. We wandered in the wilderness with Campo, so many are afraid to let Parcells go, because of the scars of our recent past. But Dave Campo is the ONLY Head Coach in Dallas Cowboy history, that did not make the playoffs. So do not fear that we cannot get a coach in here that can get the job done.

We have cap room....all of our draft picks...a new stadium on the way...a QB of the future....and young talent up and down the roster.

Anyone watching the Lions game or Saints game where no name WRs were making plays all over the field should trust that the NFL is not nearly as complicated as Parcells leads us to believe. The truth of the matter is...our gameplan and approach is so antiquated, that the young gun coaches throw a party WHILE watching us on film and putting together a gameplan to beat us. EVERY good team we faced this year, with the exception of the Colts, had a field day against us. And even some bad teams moved the ball on us easily. In the biggest game of the year we cannot get a 10M WR the ball against BUMS. How many times did we run play action agains the Seahawks last night and NO ONE WAS OPEN? Again our approach lacks creativity! Again I ask you, what is the upside in bringing Parcells back?

Very well said...especially the bolded part.

Reaction score
There is no upside of bringing that relic back.

I hope Jerry called Rex Ryan right after Romo dropped that hold.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
ManicDepressiveMan;1296665 said:
There is no upside of bringing that relic back.

I hope Jerry called Rex Ryan right after Romo dropped that hold.
OH MY GOSH.......that is who I want. Rex Ryan would unleash the beast!!!!!!!! And he would probably bring Adaliues Thomas with him!

sbark

Reaction score
I'm ok with BP, its the Assist Coaches that gotta be put on AWOL

There has gotta be some young Bill Beliceks and now Sean Payton's out there that would love a shot at a head coach position after 1 or 2 years

and a shot to work with a solid young QB, Ware, Witten et all we have as a base here.........

hindsite tells us in the case of Sean Payton---who's head was on the platter here 12 months ago...............BP shouldve promoted him to keep him and turned over the offensive play calling in total.....

BP has gotta give up some control to keep control--------kinda like hitting a golf ball, ironic isnt it.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
sbark;1296876 said:
I'm ok with BP, its the Assist Coaches that gotta be put on AWOL

There has gotta be some young Bill Beliceks and now Sean Payton's out there that would love a shot at a head coach position after 1 or 2 years

and a shot to work with a solid young QB, Ware, Witten et all we have as a base here.........

hindsite tells us in the case of Sean Payton---who's head was on the platter here 12 months ago...............BP shouldve promoted him to keep him and turned over the offensive play calling in total.....

BP has gotta give up some control to keep control--------kinda like hitting a golf ball, ironic isnt it.

I have tried my best not to weigh in on this subject...but let me tell you how I THINK it is...clearly when you see Sean Payton...you can tell that he did not set the TONE for the offense in Dallas last year....and TRUST ME...Zimmer does not set the TONE for the Dallas defense....do you honestly think Parcells will let a young coach come on board...in Parcells last year...and map our course?

Again, he is older and this coming year would be year 5....our record in December is abysmal because we have been playing better teams and the rest of the NFL knows who we are and what we are going to do by the time December rolls around...I cannot imagine the schedule God's will make it any easier in December than they made it this past year...we are 8-4 with 4 games to go.....3 of them at home....and what do we do? WE LOSE ALL OF OUR HOME GAMES. It is time to move on people. Let it go. We have more talent..cap room...all of our draft picks...a new stadium on the way...by all of this I mean I appreciate Parcells effort....but this team will not become a 12 win team and a playoff winning team under Parcells! Why? Because you have to take a little risk and be a little more creative when coaching against teams with good coaches...teams with something to play for...teams that have an identiy and a championship goal...That is what we faced in December...and we lost all of them but 1. Now granted Detroit had nothing to play for...but they have good coaches (Mike Martz)...and it showed.

Ashwynn

Reaction score
bbailey423;1297067 said:
I have tried my best not to weigh in on this subject...but let me tell you how I THINK it is...clearly when you see Sean Payton...you can tell that he did not set the TONE for the offense in Dallas last year....and TRUST ME...Zimmer does not set the TONE for the Dallas defense....do you honestly think Parcells will let a young coach come on board...in Parcells last year...and map our course?

Again, he is older and this coming year would be year 5....our record in December is abysmal because we have been playing better teams and the rest of the NFL knows who we are and what we are going to do by the time December rolls around...I cannot imagine the schedule God's will make it any easier in December than they made it this past year...we are 8-4 with 4 games to go.....3 of them at home....and what do we do? WE LOSE ALL OF OUR HOME GAMES. It is time to move on people. Let it go. We have more talent..cap room...all of our draft picks...a new stadium on the way...by all of this I mean I appreciate Parcells effort....but this team will not become a 12 win team and a playoff winning team under Parcells! Why? Because you have to take a little risk and be a little more creative when coaching against teams with good coaches...teams with something to play for...teams that have an identiy and a championship goal...That is what we faced in December...and we lost all of them but 1. Now granted Detroit had nothing to play for...but they have good coaches (Mike Martz)...and it showed.
Well said

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Bring Bill back.

Let us have another great offseason and let Bill leave the right way.

Hes still a good coach but Zimmer has got to go.

After next season Bill will retire and then we can go after Bill Cowher.

Its the smartest thing to do.

MetalHead

Benched
Reaction score
bbailey423;1296532 said:

Someone has been paying attention.

zeromaster

Reaction score
CATCH17;1297222 said:
Bring Bill back.

Unless Bill's whispering things in your ear that no one else knows about, there is no reason to believe Parcells won't keep doing this year to year thing for 2 or 3 more years. Remember last year? Remember the first year and what came after?

I understand you prefer continuity and consistency. So do I, unless the results themselves show that consistency isn't being achieved: by that I mean the effort shown. I would settle for close losses against teams that are clearly better than us, but that's not what we're seeing.

Success one season does not guarantee success the next. Look at last year's SB teams: one barely in, and one barely out. That's what parity has brought the league.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
zeromaster;1297375 said:
Unless Bill's whispering things in your ear that no one else knows about, there is no reason to believe Parcells won't keep doing this year to year thing for 2 or 3 more years. Remember last year? Remember the first year and what came after?

I understand you prefer continuity and consistency. So do I, unless the results themselves show that consistency isn't being achieved: by that I mean the effort shown. I would settle for close losses against teams that are clearly better than us, but that's not what we're seeing.

Success one season does not guarantee success the next. Look at last year's SB teams: one barely in, and one barely out. That's what parity has brought the league.

Hey i'll keep Parcells as long as he wants to stay because I still believe he is one of the best coaches out there.

Plus Playoff Bill was waaaay different last night. You could see it from him on the sideline.

The only way I dont want to see Bill come back is if he is set on bringing back Zimmer.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CATCH17;1297222 said:
Bring Bill back.

AGREE.
Last thing we need is a new HC right now. Bring in someone else, then we have a change in philosophy, possibly a new offense, then it's another year of "learning" BP has upgraded our talent and everyone knows the system and seems to play well together.

Howver, we do need a new DC, Zimmer needs to go. Bring in a true 3-4 coach who can diguise blitzes, get more pressure on the QB.

Michael88Irvin

Reaction score
Everyone is screaming for a new DC... which I am all for. But we also require an OC that will create solid game plans, call plays agressively (that go after the other team's WEAKNESSES), AND be able to adjust when necessary. Parcells and co. often do not have a suitable gameplan, they call PREDICTABLE and painfully CONSERVATIVE plays, and they are rarely able to adjust.

With Seattle's DEPLETED secondary, they brilliantly designed a gameplan that got the ball to T.O. twice and Glenn another 4 times. What the ^%$#?
How do you not ATTACK Pete Hunter and the other guy off the street RELENTLESSLY with your $10M receiver?

Julius did ok, but this was not the game to try to pound the ball. This game should not have been close. We should have destroyed this team. :banghead:

HTownCowboysFan

Reaction score
Well, I'll bite. Seattle doubled both TO and TG on the outside. They did run both across and got them open a few times, but either Tony threw a bad pass or TO dropped it (at least one drop wasn't his fault -- poor throw).

Frankly, the game went about how I thought it would -- we should have won by a FG, but a fluke play, not Seattle, cost us.

This "Parcells can't coach" talke is utter rubbish.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
HTownCowboysFan;1297580 said:
Well, I'll bite. Seattle doubled both TO and TG on the outside. They did run both across and got them open a few times, but either Tony threw a bad pass or TO dropped it (at least one drop wasn't his fault -- poor throw).

Frankly, the game went about how I thought it would -- we should have won by a FG, but a fluke play, not Seattle, cost us.

Don't confuse talk of "Parcells can't coach"....with Parcells "gameplan is poor"

Because his game plan is simple, unimagiative, nail biting football....which is what I think people mean when they say "Parcells cannot coach"

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
HTownCowboysFan;1297580 said:

its not rubbish because there is enough evidence here to suggest he isnt an asset as a HC anymore...things that good coaches do to be termed "succesful" he isnt doing here

as Juke (I think it was him) said in another thread, if 4yrs ago I guaranteed you that Parcells would have one 10 win season, never win a division title, go 0-2 in the playoffs and play a month like we just saw, all of this at a cost of 20 million dollars, NOBODY would have wanted this guy

David

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
jazzcat22;1297432 said:
AGREE.
Last thing we need is a new HC right now. Bring in someone else, then we have a change in philosophy, possibly a new offense, then it's another year of "learning" BP has upgraded our talent and everyone knows the system and seems to play well together.

Howver, we do need a new DC, Zimmer needs to go. Bring in a true 3-4 coach who can diguise blitzes, get more pressure on the QB.
:bang2::bang2::bang2:......get it through your heads....this is a copycat league...if Parcells wanted "exotic" blitzes, we would have them....that has ZERO to do with Zimmer....it is all Parcells people............WAKE UP

I remember everyone wanting Sean Paytons head on a platter last year...well what do you think about his play calling abilities now after he almost hung 50 on us in Texas stadium?

It is Parcells people....this is his baby...stop thinking different coordinators is going to fix this. The big dog needs to be removed...that would be Parcells

Gaede

Reaction score
we need a new coach

Parcells is as responsible for the D as Zimmer is

Look at Payton; he never showed that much in his stay in Dallas--why? Because Parcells had the final word. But he gets out and all of a sudden looks like a genius!

Zimmer's garbage, but I gotta believe that Parcells conservative approach has alot to do with that

DipChit

Reaction score
What makes you think the players qualify as "gourmet" in the first place?

Just cause they were drafted high?

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
why on earth would we want a guy that took 14 years to win a superbowl.
as much as you guys moan about bill not getting it done cowher hasn't proven he can get to the big game but twice and he lost the first time and it took him ten years to get back there.
Get off cowher already he is over rated.
unless you want 5 years of good records and no superbowls.