No UPSIDE in bringing Parcells back***MERGED Parcells sucks threads***

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
bbailey423;1296532 said:
He is who he is AND we are who we are with him at the controls

We either do not have the moxie or creativity to gameplan for good teams. All I know is that other teams catch the ball in space in one on one matchups where the receiver overmatches the defender (safety/linebacker). We always seem to catch the ball in traffic with very little room to do much after we catch the ball....hence the fumbles last night.

After 4 years of the SAME results....that is proof that this is no fluke....this is a pattern. Other coaches are getting it done in year 1 or 2 with far less talent. I mean we draft LBers with our 1st round or 2nd round pick. Yet the Saints take ours of the scrap heap and make them more productive than our 1st rounders

Calm down everyone....there is life after Parcells. We wandered in the wilderness with Campo, so many are afraid to let Parcells go, because of the scars of our recent past. But Dave Campo is the ONLY Head Coach in Dallas Cowboy history, that did not make the playoffs. So do not fear that we cannot get a coach in here that can get the job done.

We have cap room....all of our draft picks...a new stadium on the way...a QB of the future....and young talent up and down the roster.

Anyone watching the Lions game or Saints game where no name WRs were making plays all over the field should trust that the NFL is not nearly as complicated as Parcells leads us to believe. The truth of the matter is...our gameplan and approach is so antiquated, that the young gun coaches throw a party WHILE watching us on film and putting together a gameplan to beat us. EVERY good team we faced this year, with the exception of the Colts, had a field day against us. And even some bad teams moved the ball on us easily. In the biggest game of the year we cannot get a 10M WR the ball against BUMS. How many times did we run play action agains the Seahawks last night and NO ONE WAS OPEN? Again our approach lacks creativity! Again I ask you, what is the upside in bringing Parcells back?
:bow: :bow: :bow: Very Well Said!!! Also anyone who thinks Parcells will let another young DC run the D is a moron!!! the more i think about it the more i think Parcells controls our style of D and he just has Zimmer execute it!!!

DipChit

Reaction score
Michael88Irvin;1297943 said:
Parcells has assembled GREAT talent here... they are just not being utilized to their maximum capabilty.

But thats my contention. You say GREAT and I'm saying how did you draw that conclusion.

Cause Spears was drafted where he was? Carp too? Burnett? The rest of the front 7 players regardless of where they came from?

Wouldnt it make more sense to wait until they actually show you some great things.. even if not nearly enough of them because of "scheme", before you actually annoint them as GREAT?

Why cant they be just average... or even busts That pretty much sums up whats happened with the O-line draft picks and FA's. Can that not be true with the defense too.. or is it a thing where the odds of that being true also are too far fetched?

SacredStar

Reaction score
Ditka and Salisbury (sp?) said last night that Parcells should come back.

Ditka said the Cowboys are really close to being a great football team, and Parcells returning will make them better.

I ask, what team has Ditka been watching the last 4 seasons?

Dallas, under Parcells, has self-destructed at the end of the season the last two seasons. They just simply fell apart. This is time when most teams pray they play their best ball. Dallas has played their worst ball when it matters most.

Losing big games, losing in December, losing in the playoffs, losing at home.

All are traits Parcells has brought to Dallas.

I'm sorry, but imo, we need to go a different direction. He is just not the same coach he was years ago....he has lost his ability to motivate and game plan.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
noshame;1297960 said:
He who want's, and has total control, takes total responsibillity.

You got it.............he assembled this mess.....it's his baby. It's his assistant coaches, it's his LB's, it's for the most part his OL, it's his defense, it was his choice to keep a 4-3 guy in to coordinate a 3-4 defense with no experience. It's his mess and the fat@#$ ought to own up to it someday.

We are better than 4 years ago...........big deal..............how could we NOT be?

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Gaede;1297799 said:
Look at Payton; he never showed that much in his stay in Dallas--why? Because Parcells had the final word. But he gets out and all of a sudden looks like a genius!

Didn't we own Philly that first game last year? That was about as imaginative and creative play calling as it gets. So, was that Payton, or was that Parcells?