Nobody wants to play Dallas Anymore!

robjgrif

Reaction score
Yahoo Sports writers predicts Cowboys will finish 10/6 and make the playoffs! I like that idea!

Crystal ball breakdown of the second half

By Charles Robinson, Yahoo! Sports Nov 6, 2:36 pm EST

Dallas Cowboys

Final regular-season record: 10-6, No. 5 seed in the NFC

Skinny: Tony Romo returns and Dallas gets healthy down the stretch. The defense solidifies in the last three games of the season, including a big momentum-building win over the Giants on Dec. 14. When the playoffs start, nobody wants to play Dallas anymore.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cr-secondhalfprojections110608&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sounds like a likely scenario, although you wouldn't know it from reading this board.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2406902 said:
Sounds like a likely scenario, although you wouldn't know it from reading this board.
Likely?

Possible, but not likely. Probably just as likely that Romo gets hurt again as poorly as the line has been playing.

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
I hope Wade doesnt read that.....he'll have it printed out and put in every locker in Valley Ranch with a note that says "See we can do it"

HoosierCowboy

Put Pearson in the HOF
Reaction score
Double Trouble;2406911 said:
Likely?

Possible, but not likely. Probably just as likely that Romo gets hurt again as poorly as the line has been playing.

okay Eeyore, or maybe a meteor hits the practice field and they all die--they might as well just stay home

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
HoosierCowboy;2406917 said:
okay Eeyore, or maybe a meteor hits the practice field and they all die--they might as well just stay home
:laugh2: If you think it's likely that Dallas is the team no one wants to play come playoff time, you haven't been paying much attention the last few years. Wade Phillips' playoff record is hardly something to get excited about, and neither is this team's history when the weather turns cold.

Is it possible they get healthy, and have a complete change of character come December? I guess so. The Giants did something similar last season. Likely? Please. The most likely scenario is some more people get hurt, Dallas finishes 9-7 or so, and then has a 1st round exit from the playoffs, if they make it at all.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Boyzmamacita;2406902 said:

Or ya know, from actually watching the games...

I want to be optimistic about this team.

But every time I try, reality smacks me in the face yet again.

http://i119.***BLOCKED***/albums/o154/Kurdor/sjs_slap_in_face.jpg

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
stasheroo;2406968 said:

But, but, but, we have injuries.... We'll see what happens.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Boyzmamacita;2406990 said:
But, but, but, we have injuries.... We'll see what happens.

That's true.

and I really hope that you're right about this.

Ultimately, we all want to see this team win.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
HoosierCowboy;2406917 said:

LOL! I just thought it was hilarious that you called him Eeyore.

stasheroo;2406968 said:

LMAO!!!! That's one of the greatest pictures ever.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
robjgrif;2406896 said:
Yahoo Sports writers predicts Cowboys will finish 10/6 and make the playoffs! I like that idea!

Crystal ball breakdown of the second half

By Charles Robinson, Yahoo! Sports Nov 6, 2:36 pm EST

Dallas Cowboys

Final regular-season record: 10-6, No. 5 seed in the NFC

Skinny: Tony Romo returns and Dallas gets healthy down the stretch. The defense solidifies in the last three games of the season, including a big momentum-building win over the Giants on Dec. 14. When the playoffs start, nobody wants to play Dallas anymore.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cr-secondhalfprojections110608&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Sigh.
Nothing like a humiliating game like last weekend to suddenly make us a contender.
I like his scenario. But it doesn't seem likely.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Double Trouble;2406933 said:
:laugh2: If you think it's likely that Dallas is the team no one wants to play come playoff time, you haven't been paying much attention the last few years. Wade Phillips' playoff record is hardly something to get excited about, and neither is this team's history when the weather turns cold.

Is it possible they get healthy, and have a complete change of character come December? I guess so. The Giants did something similar last season. Likely? Please. The most likely scenario is some more people get hurt, Dallas finishes 9-7 or so, and then has a 1st round exit from the playoffs, if they make it at all.

I fail to understand how his past losses guarantees another loss. It took a miracle to beat him on one loss. He's a pretty good coach. Some may even think that the odds are on his side. He's due.

The glass is half full.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
The title needs to be changed to..."nobody wants to play dallas...if they get in the playoffs"

I'd bet there are 31 teams licking their chops to get a shot at the cowboys.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
robjgrif;2406896 said:
When the playoffs start, nobody wants to play Dallas anymore.
We have a chance to be that team.

No question about it.

The ball is clearly in their court.

Let's hope they can step up!

SilberBlau

Reaction score
What does it take to predict that kind of stuff? If we make the playoffs then we had a successful December with key wins agains NY and/or the beagles. There are not so much scenarios that allow us a sloppy December again and lose 2 division games putting us to 2-4 in the east and thus losing a lot of the tie breakers. So if we get into the playoffs we are basically on a roll and will be hard to stop. Yes, we can go 10-4 and lose out and might get in and face the same upset again, but i don't think that this is very likely.