Nobody wants to play Dallas Anymore!

StylisticS

Reaction score
dadymat;2406916 said:
I hope Wade doesnt read that.....he'll have it printed out and put in every locker in Valley Ranch with a note that says "See we can do it"
:laugh2::laugh2:

Nav22

Reaction score
We were 4-2 before Romo went down. If we didn't get hurt in OT, maybe we beat the Cardinals and we're actually 5-1 after 6 games.

Why so few people think that we can win finish 5-2 or better over our last 7 games with a healthy Romo is beyond me.

If we can avoid key injuries the rest of the way, this team will be in the playoffs.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nav22;2407683 said:
We were 4-2 before Romo went down. If we didn't get hurt in OT, maybe we beat the Cardinals and we're actually 5-1 after 6 games.

Why so few people think that we can win finish 5-2 or better over our last 7 games with a healthy Romo is beyond me.

If we can avoid key injuries the rest of the way, this team will be in the playoffs.

Agreed. I know the Cowboys are struggling, but they are a very talented team that has been missing some very crucial pieces. We can't predict the future, but it's not that far-fetched that the Cowboys will get on a roll and end up in the playoffs. I get tired of all the negativity under the guise of reality on this board.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
jobberone;2407535 said:
I fail to understand how his past losses guarantees another loss. It took a miracle to beat him on one loss. He's a pretty good coach. Some may even think that the odds are on his side. He's due.

The glass is half full.

Agreed, I really don't understand why some of you spend your time on these boards. Most of you make it seem like it's torture to be a fan of the boys. If that's how you feel, then take up another hobby. Seriously.

I understand not being naive and believing everything will go smooth, but the ones that act like thats hardly a possibility are fools. Romo coming back WILL change a lot. Newman being back WILL give players more comfort on d. Spencer has already SHOWN he helps our pass rush. Felix being back WILL be a big boost for Barber and our whole offense.

I doubt we got 11-5, but I don't see why we can't go 10-6. We have 7 games left. If we run the next 3 in a row, we can afford to split the last 4 and still comfortably sit in playoff contention.

That's assuming we play to our ability. We aren't great, but we are a very good team when we get things going. Have some faith please. I agree no rose colored glasses, but still a lot of you act like we are the Lions lately.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Future;2407564 said:
The title needs to be changed to..."nobody wants to play dallas...if they get in the playoffs"

I'd bet there are 31 teams licking their chops to get a shot at the cowboys.

maybe they wanted to play us the last 3 games.

With Romo, Newman, Jones, Kosier back though we are far more formidable.

Romo is incredible compared to B.J, and B.B

kramskoi

Reaction score
Nav22;2407683 said:

The short answer is consistency in all three phases...the stuff of winning streaks and superbowl runs...consistency demands a certain standard/level of performance week in and week out...

I'll be a little more blunt with the long answer.

After nine weeks of football, DVOA has New York and Philadelphia as the two best teams [statistically] in football. If Dallas can take care of Philly on the road and New York at home then i'll give them a fighting chance in the playoffs, despite what happened last year at Texas Stadium.

Winning at Washington and then those two games would mean that Dallas has learned how to run and stop the run against division opponents. They can't advance to a Superbowl without facing a division rival.

The two games Dallas should lose if given a choice? Pittsburgh and Baltimore. They should not drop anymore division or conference games if they value a playoff spot.

We all better hope that Dallas over-performs the [DVOA] 3.6 wins forecast over the remainder of the season or many here may get their wish of seeing Phillips outed.

That also means that the option for an end of the season collapse is not on the table this year. They must go full-bore to the end and see where they stand when the dust settles.

Ironically, players could find themselves in a similar position as the Giants and Tom Coughlin last year. Trying to extricate Phillips from the quagmire of a season gone awry.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
There's no game in it. Like shootin' fish in a barrel.

Disturbed

A Mere Flesh Wound
Reaction score
That is what happens when you have a bunch of individuals and no team. Coaches who always play the veterans not the best players (examples - Roy Williams SS and Greg Ellis LB).

Dallas needs to focus on team oriented players who will be able to come together to overcome challenges during the season. JJ and Co. continue the same failed program of getting FA's and not developing young talent.

We have too many little girl whinners and not enough tough men.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Disturbed;2407854 said:
That is what happens when you have a bunch of individuals and no team. Coaches who always play the veterans not the best players (examples - Roy Williams SS and Greg Ellis LB).

Dallas needs to focus on team oriented players who will be able to come together to overcome challenges during the season. JJ and Co. continue the same failed program of getting FA's and not developing young talent.

We have too many little girl whinners and not enough tough men.

okay Ellis I get, but what SS do we have that you want playing over Roy? Killer? Courtney"I've played in every game and get .02 tackles per game"? Pat "plays 1 game sits 3" watkins?

Disturbed

A Mere Flesh Wound
Reaction score
Muhast;2407862 said:
okay Ellis I get, but what SS do we have that you want playing over Roy? Killer? Courtney"I've played in every game and get .02 tackles per game"? Pat "plays 1 game sits 3" watkins?

Watkins or Brown would be better...and I would move Anthony Henry to safety as well (too slow to be CB, and if he can't transition cut him). One of these three needs to step up.

And I would have Scandrick, Jenkins, and Newman on the field all the time.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
I wish I could be more optimistic but our o-line is filled with more holes than a sponge during game time and our d-line just gets blown off the ball. Our secondary gets swiss cheesed by mediocre QB's like Jason Cambell and Eli Manning.

Our Offensive coordinator cannot create schemes to get our future hall of fame receiver open consistenly enough when teams bump 5 yards off the line of scrimmage and hang a safety over top. Our team has been notriously unsuccessful in the 3rd part of the regular season for the last decade and Captain Cupcake isn't one to lead a bunch of grinders who just find a way to win.

Like I said, wish I could be more optimistic and I certainly hope I am wrong but these guys haven't accomplished squat and I'm tired of them being handed credit that hasn't been deserved. The historic and present results thus far indicate the exact opposite of the original post.

We never learn. We have to beat Washington. That's what we need to think about, nothing beyond that. Currently we're not a playoff team if the playoffs started today, we have to earn that billing. When does the concept of earning become important?

alancdc

Reaction score
Certainly doens't hurt that Big Ben has a separated shoulder so maybe we will be playing against Byron. We have to win the next 3.

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
It isn't so unusual for teams to turn it around at mid-season and develop momentum.

There is a 54.83% chance that the Cowboys will do it.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
TheCount;2406904 said:
This is the dream scenario, yes.

No. The "dream scenario" would be us running the table for the rest of the season and going 12-4 and winning the East.

visionary

Reaction score
dadymat;2406916 said:
I hope Wade doesnt read that.....he'll have it printed out and put in every locker in Valley Ranch with a note that says "See we can do it"

no, wade would print it out and show to people saying "see WE ALREADY DID IT" because he does not seem to realize there is a difference between wishful thinking and reality. :mad:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AKATheRake;2407879 said:
I wish I could be more optimistic but our o-line is filled with more holes than a sponge during game time and our d-line just gets blown off the ball. Our secondary gets swiss cheesed by mediocre QB's like Jason Cambell and Eli Manning.

Our Offensive coordinator cannot create schemes to get our future hall of fame receiver open consistenly enough when teams bump 5 yards off the line of scrimmage and hang a safety over top. Our team has been notriously unsuccessful in the 3rd part of the regular season for the last decade and Captain Cupcake isn't one to lead a bunch of grinders who just find a way to win.

Like I said, wish I could be more optimistic and I certainly hope I am wrong but these guys haven't accomplished squat and I'm tired of them being handed credit that hasn't been deserved. The historic and present results thus far indicate the exact opposite of the original post.

We never learn. We have to beat Washington. That's what we need to think about, nothing beyond that. Currently we're not a playoff team if the playoffs started today, we have to earn that billing. When does the concept of earning become important?
That a nice post.

Concentrating on Washington should be the only thing on their minds.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
AKATheRake;2407879 said:

big dog cowboy;2408316 said:
That a nice post.

Concentrating on Washington should be the only thing on their minds.

It's a great post. However, to rain on everyone's parade, I have said and will continue to say that we should've mowed over those semi-talented, wanna be NFC East contenders the first time. Bottom line...........We couldn't. More importantly....we wouldn't. That's what frustrates me the most. We refused to hand them a defeat.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Seven;2408557 said:
It's a great post. However, to rain on everyone's parade, I have said and will continue to say that we should've mowed over those semi-talented, wanna be NFC East contenders the first time. Bottom line...........We couldn't. More importantly....we wouldn't. That's what frustrates me the most. We refused to hand them a defeat.

And that is what is most frustrating. We were clearly better than the Commanders in the first game but it seemed that we elected to keep the game close and give them a chance to win. The playcalling on both sides of the ball was horrendous. The defense just gave up yards at will and we barely used Felix Jones, who would have been a difference maker.

I think we were trying to "save" something for later, but in this league, you have to bring it every week.

30yrheel

Reaction score
the washington game is when i jumped off the jason g. bandwagon.
no touches for felix? shotgun every play when only down 7?
we were so outcoached it wasn't funny.

jgboys1

Reaction score
visionary;2408314 said:
no, wade would print it out and show to people saying "see WE ALREADY DID IT" because he does not seem to realize there is a difference between wishful thinking and reality. :mad:
And that is a BIG problem. I am sure he is counting this weeks bye as a WIN.:mad: