Non Mock Version 1

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Mock drafts amd simulators are the devil. Instead I'm just going to post on where we could go round by round. Not gonna do day 3 this time around. Not alot of information yet

Round 1

- They talked to alot of DT's at the combine. Zimmer like bigger DT's. Sweat is very much in contention at 24 IMO. Osa also into a walk year. So 3T is something to keep in mind too

- With OT's you are looking at guys with LT traits but limited experience at our pick. Personally I pull the trigger. I love both Mims and Guyton's ceilings. Interior OL is a very strong possibility for them too. JPJ, and Barton are possibilities.

-WR is also a position to watch at 24. I don't recall off the top how much time we spent here at the combine, but there is a need there. Strong day 2 class, but I can see them liking someone at 24 and pulling the trigger

Round 2

- Like I said in round 1, day 2 looks strong at WR. Corley is rising and might settle in around where we pick in the 2nd. Lots of other high caliber #2 level guys too.

- Round 2 could be a HB. Benson or Brooks is likely to be available here. I buy Slaters Brooks report. They did the surgery, and they dont shy away from those types of moves. Neither will be there at our 3rd rounder

- Corner could be in play here too. We have the top locked up, but even if we bring back Gilmore we need a #3 in the wings. That #3 spot gets in 70% of the snaps

- Interior OL is a good possibility here too. Alot of strong 2nd round candidates at both OG and OC

Round 3

- This could be an OC round. Seems to alot of guy together in the 70-100 range. Some guys thay could have gone 4th had strong combines and could find themselves in the 3rd

- I didnt see a ton of interest at combine (may have missed it though) on DE's, but there is a need. Given that I could see them taking a flyer on someone here. Traits type player, and develop hin while DLaw is here. Tough to get good DE's passed round 1, let alone round 2.

- This is probably the spot to take a HB if you dont in round 2. After this pick, the picking will be slim by the time they are on the board again

- Not a great LB draft, but I think them taking one here due to need is a good possibility

visionary

Reaction score
Rd 1: OT, DT, C
Rd 2: C (if not in rd 1), WR/CB
Rd 3: RB

Carson

Reaction score
IMO, they will go

Round 1 - Mims or Guyton (Much prefer Fautanu but no chance he slides to 24)
Round 2 - Brooks
Round 3 - Van Pran / Bortolini type center.

That will cover RB, LT, C.

I Imagine they sign a guy like Eric Kendrick’s to play MLB, so LB won’t be a massive need early (Parsons, Kendricks, Overshown, Clark, Jefferson).

I also imagine Jourdan Lewis and Jonathan Hankins coming back.

This should cover immediate needs at DT, LB.

If a guy like JPJ falls, I can see them flipping JPJ at 24 and coming back for a guy like Patrick Paul later

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Is Guyton a better option than Tyler Smith at LT ? Maybe eventually as pass protector, but will never be the physical force that Smith is. And Guyton is NOT a day 1 starter. If this team drafts an OL, I just can’t imagine them drafting a player for year 2. I think if they go OL in round 1, we’re looking at at JPJ, Fautanu, or Barton.

Carson

Reaction score
Is Guyton a better option than Tyler Smith at LT ? Maybe eventually as pass protector, but will never be the physical force that Smith is. And Guyton is NOT a day 1 starter. If this team drafts an OL, I just can’t imagine them drafting a player for year 2. I think if they go OL in round 1, we’re looking at at JPJ, Fautanu, or Barton.
I don’t like Guyton at all at LT. I feel like if you keep Tyron one more year, he can be a solid pick. Bad footwork, more of a finesse tackle.

He played in 663 snaps and was given a 63.7 grade from PFF. Next Gen Sports graded Guyton in the top ten for production score, athleticism score and total score of 83, and he had a prospect grade of 6.44, which projects him to be a good starter in two years.

I am not bashing Guyton as I believe he can be a solid RT in a few years.

But I don’t see him being drafted at 24 and starting at LT without massive growing pains. “He can eventually bloom into a high-end starter in the NFL, but he will need to be brought along slowly in a conservative scheme and veteran O-line room before bridging that gap.”

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
IMO, they will go

Round 1 - Mims or Guyton (Much prefer Fautanu but no chance he slides to 24)
Round 2 - Brooks
Round 3 - Van Pran / Bortolini type center.

That will cover RB, LT, C.

I Imagine they sign a guy like Eric Kendrick’s to play MLB, so LB won’t be a massive need early (Parsons, Kendricks, Overshown, Clark, Jefferson).

I also imagine Jourdan Lewis and Jonathan Hankins coming back.

This should cover immediate needs at DT, LB.

If a guy like JPJ falls, I can see them flipping JPJ at 24 and coming back for a guy like Patrick Paul later
I can definitely see it going down this way