Norm Hitzges Rant about the Cowboys

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Da Hammer;2524674 said:
to be honest his rant is stuff i and others have been saying for a long while now...

Some fans would rather concentrate on the tone of his voice than the wise words coming out of his mouth.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theebs;2524692 said:
2007 Dallas Cowboys Score by qtr

1st Quarter = 61 pts.

2nd Quarter = 147 pts.

3rd Quarter = 117 Pts.

4th Quarter = 130 pts.

2008 Dallas Cowboys Score by Qtr.

1st Quarter = 69 pts.

2nd Quarter = 107 pts.

3rd Quarter = 62 Pts.

4th Quarter = 108 pts.
Thank you dear for looking it up. So my perception was off for a half, but the 1st quarter still sucks..

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
bbgun;2524662 said:
This was the most damning indictment in his so-called "rant." What's happened in Dallas is that players enjoy a celebrity status that far exceeds their accomplishments. And frankly, I don't think this helps players perform better. The focal point of any NFL franchise should be football. But these teams spend so much time marketing their product that guys become famous just by being on the team. They don't have to accomplish a damn thing. Hell, Wade was in a national Pepsi commercial before he even coached one game. And don't even get me started on publicity ***** Jerry hamming it up on camera. The Cowboys haven't won a playoff game in more than a decade. How successful a club are they, really? Here's what they're successful at: making money. Exhibit A is the "What Dallas stuff did you get for Christmas?" thread. No playoff wins, but plenty of dough to line Jerry's and the NFL's pockets.

Gee Ya think. Parcells said exactly that on his way out of town. I cant remember his exact terms but he said something about this team keeping its focus in this town and how hard it was to keep the team on the right track.

OF course the sheep jumped him and the reporters laughed him off.

as long as jerry is here, visibility will always be number 1.

and again this has nothing to with norm and what many of us are talking about. You have to listen to norm on a regular basis to understand. My comments were on norm and his ranting and not on his rant. He used to be informative and enjoyable to listen to, now he just rants.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2524701 said:
Thank you dear for looking it up. So my perception was off for a half, but the 1st quarter still sucks..

There are alot of zeros when you look at all the games the last two years in the first qtr. Alot.

I do think it is alot to do with us getting the ball and figuring out how they are going to defend particular offensive looks we give them and then in turn finding the right way to attack the defensive look that is given.

our 3rd qtr is what is disspointing this year. Maybe that is the opposite of what I just said and the defense makes the adjustment at halftime and it takes us till the 4th qtr again.

and really this seasons second qtr numbers are skewed because we put 22 on the board against the niners. We are going to finish most likely about 75 points or so behind last years scoring. Considering we had no romo for 3 games that makes sense since we are averaging about 23 pts a game.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
theebs;2524703 said:
My comments were on norm and his ranting and not on his rant. He used to be informative and enjoyable to listen to, now he just rants.

Well, this time he did both very well. If you ask me, there hasn't be nearly enough "ranting."

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
bbgun;2524722 said:
Well, this time he did both very well. If you ask me, there hasn't be nearly enough "ranting."

I understand, and I said somewhere in this thread I agree with him.

You just have to understand norm though.

We could win 50-0 this week and he will nitpick how many first downs the defense gave up and then rant for two hours about first downs!!

that is just the way he is. He has changed in the last couple of years. That is why I just turn him off when he isnt talking about football anymore.

Dodger

Indomitable
Reaction score
theebs;2524737 said:
We could win 50-0 this week and he will nitpick how many first downs the defense gave up and then rant for two hours about first downs!!
Then it's a pity Norm chose radio instead of coaching. I think that's exactly what this team needs right about now...

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Bethesda, Md.: Can we stop talking about Tony Romo until he actually wins a big game or at least one playoff game?

Michael Wilbon: Now, that's what I'm talking about! The Cowboys in general and Romo, specifically, are dreadful after Thanksgiving. Not just bad, but awful. They haven't won a game of consequence in December or January in 11 years. I talked to Jerry Jones about this a few weeks ago and he's totally stunned about the team's inability to win late in the season. Romo, if he played for a team other than the Cowboys, would not be celebrated the way he is. He'd be called a nice QB who struggles in Big Games. But, because he plays for the Cowboys, guys like Kornheiser go ga-ga over him. He's a nice QB. He needs to be better coached, that's for sure. He makes way, way too many critical game-turning mistakes. The whole team does. But, we're not going to hear that as long as the TV networks are pushing the Cowboys.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
bbgun;2524895 said:
Bethesda, Md.: Can we stop talking about Tony Romo until he actually wins a big game or at least one playoff game?

Michael Wilbon: Now, that's what I'm talking about! The Cowboys in general and Romo, specifically, are dreadful after Thanksgiving. Not just bad, but awful. They haven't won a game of consequence in December or January in 11 years. I talked to Jerry Jones about this a few weeks ago and he's totally stunned about the team's inability to win late in the season. Romo, if he played for a team other than the Cowboys, would not be celebrated the way he is. He'd be called a nice QB who struggles in Big Games. But, because he plays for the Cowboys, guys like Kornheiser go ga-ga over him. He's a nice QB. He needs to be better coached, that's for sure. He makes way, way too many critical game-turning mistakes. The whole team does. But, we're not going to hear that as long as the TV networks are pushing the Cowboys.

I am curious why you posted this? Are you waiting for someone to chime in and say they dont like wilbon so you can respond with your usual Bit of the media is always right (in sports anyway) or because you are trying to get guys to point out that romo has won in december so that you can then jump them with the he hasnt won a playoff game yet schtick.

And I cant wait till we knock wilbons Eagles out sunday. I hope we get a chance to knock his bears out too. Wilbon is funny, all we hear is negatives about the cowboys. I remember back in 99 for the opener when wilbon had this big article in the washington post about the cowboys, and the whole article was about how it was time for washington and the rest of the league to knock the overrated cowboys off their perch and how aikman wasnt really that good and irvin and smith were done. He has had that same veiwpoint forever. All 3 of those guys are hall of famers and he had almost no respect for them either.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
Didn't Norm say that DeAngelo Hall was better than Terence Newman?

Does anyone else recall this?

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
theebs;2524907 said:
I am curious why you posted this? Are you waiting for someone to chime in and say they dont like wilbon so you can respond with your usual Bit of the media is always right (in sports anyway) or because you are trying to get guys to point out that romo has won in december so that you can then jump them with the he hasnt won a playoff game yet schtick.

That was the sole Cowboys-related blurb in his weekly chat. Relaying news and information is not the same as an endorsement. If you have a problem with it, take it up with Wilbon. Impugning people's motives is more for the Political Zone.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
bbgun;2524914 said:
That was the sole Cowboys-related blurb in his weekly chat. Relaying news and information is not the same as an endorsement. If you have a problem with it, take it up with Wilbon. Impugning people's motives is more for the Political Zone.

I just dont get why you posted it in here?

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
theebs;2524918 said:
I just dont get why you posted it in here?

Because there weren't any other media-related threads on the front page, and he echoed some of Norm's points. Starting a new thread for one chat blurb didn't make much sense.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
bbgun;2524921 said:
Because there weren't any other media-related threads on the front page, and he echoed some of Norm's points. Starting a new thread for one chat blurb didn't make much sense.

k that makes sense then, but we both know if romo were a bear or a Commander wilbon would trip over himself with all of the glowing things he would say about him.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
41gy#;2524909 said:
Didn't Norm say that DeAngelo Hall was better than Terence Newman?

Does anyone else recall this?

Yeah, he's talked about that before. Norm's a draftnik, so the workout warriors sway him a lot.

And on Wilbon's comment, don't think for a second that if Romo doesn't win some big games soon, people won't be all over him as that guy that can't win late in the year. It's just that he hasn't even started two full seasons yet, so he's rightfully gotten a bit of a break. The honeymoon's about over, though, and playing for America's Team won't help him a bit if he can't get it done. In fact, it'll probably hurt him a lot.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2524957 said:
Yeah, he's talked about that before. Norm's a draftnik, so the workout warriors sway him a lot.

And on Wilbon's comment, don't think for a second that if Romo doesn't win some big games soon, people won't be all over him as that guy that can't win late in the year. It's just that he hasn't even started two full seasons yet, so he's rightfully gotten a bit of a break. The honeymoon's about over, though, and playing for America's Team won't help him a bit if he can't get it done. In fact, it'll probably hurt him a lot.

Yes the honeymoon is over for sure.

The thing I find ironic about it though is most of the national guys, all they talk about is the peripheral nonsense, like jessica simpson and the cabo trip.

I bet 90% of them dont really understand what kind of a player he is, he is one of the guys where people just throw out his name all the time.

That is why the jessica simpson thing is a downer, now I dont care about his personal life or who he dates or whatever, just the fact that because he is in Dallas he is going to be remembered as jessica simpson's boyfriend nationally, unless he wins probably two superbowls.

and because most of the media hate Dallas and everything about it and wilbon is driving that train Romo will never be anything other than a name those kinds of guys throw around. For instance bob ryan from the boston globe calling him the most overhyped qb of all time the morning of the giants game. That is nonsense. They are talking about romo the personality and that is what makes them have disdain for romo the football player.

I so hope we get on a roll, I want all these donkeys to have to talk about romo as a champion or superbowl qb. He just needs to get this one monkey off his and this teams back.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
theebs;2524964 said:
Yes the honeymoon is over for sure.

The thing I find ironic about it though is most of the national guys, all they talk about is the peripheral nonsense, like jessica simpson and the cabo trip.

I bet 90% of them dont really understand what kind of a player he is, he is one of the guys where people just throw out his name all the time.

That is why the jessica simpson thing is a downer, now I dont care about his personal life or who he dates or whatever, just the fact that because he is in Dallas he is going to be remembered as jessica simpson's boyfriend nationally, unless he wins probably two superbowls.

and because most of the media hate Dallas and everything about it and wilbon is driving that train Romo will never be anything other than a name those kinds of guys throw around. For instance bob ryan from the boston globe calling him the most overhyped qb of all time the morning of the giants game. That is nonsense. They are talking about romo the personality and that is what makes them have disdain for romo the football player.

I so hope we get on a roll, I want all these donkeys to have to talk about romo as a champion or superbowl qb. He just needs to get this one monkey off his and this teams back.

If we roll Philly. I don't see Minny, Chicago, or Arizona slowing us down. The G-Men and Panthers are beatable.

This is as good an opportunity as ever.

After the Steelers and Ravens this team won't face anyone like that for at least 3 weeks if they keep winning.