Nors Cup

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Nors said:
1) I gave Jones major props. He's doing great. He's playing lights out. Hos felt a need to slander me because a few times I called Jones "Milk Jones".
Deservedly so, broken ribs and broken shoulder have kept him off the field for almost the whole season. I stand by joking at Jones expense - But I have and continue to give him props.

2) Hos feels a need to try and instigate a 4-6 , 3-4 CONTROVERSY that isn't.

Fact is he was of the stick with 4-3 defense last offseason. I don't rehash that at nauseaum. Freakin Hos - admit you were freakin wrong. :eek: This is a discussion board? - but its not discussions that some want here.
1 down, 1 to go.

I wonder when you will undestand what I have been saying about the 4-3, 3-4, 46, etc.

Are you under some kind of delusion that only the 46 and 3-4 can play extra men in the box to create pressure?

Because if you are you are wrong. You can do it from a 3-4, a 4-3, a 46, a nickel, a dime, a zone blitz. There is no limitation to how you can attack. It doesn't require a certain scheme to do it. If you want to do it right you need the right personnel. Whoops there's that word again.

That is my only gripe with your contentions Nors. Please understand that. I am all in favor of a 3-4 schemed defense. Just get the personnel to make it a good one.

In my opinion our 3 starting LBs would be lost in a 3-4 and we would lose our best DL in La'Roi Glover. He is not a NT in a 3-4 and at DE his best attributes at DT will be lost.

Take a close look at the Oakland Raiders Nors. Warren Sapp, one of the great DTs in NFL History is now a DE in a 3-4 for Ted Washington can be the NT in a 3-4. Sapp look like he's setting the world on fire to you? What about the Oakland defense overall?

A wholesale switch without the right personnel and we will be as bad as Oakland is right now. Maybe worse because they were closer personnel wise than we are because their LBs are bigger.

We are closer to an effective 4-3 than we are an effective 3-4. I'm sorry that this is the truth but it just is. Scott Shanle and Ryan Fowler are not the answers at LB and destroying our most effective DL in Glover just doesn't excite me

I like the 3-4. I always have. But without the right personnel it is a horrible defense. That is a fact. It is known for being weak against the run and in the NFC East that is suicide.

My obstinance over the 46 and 3-4 stuff and why I bring it back up is really quite simple. You made a statement that is 100% false and you won't back away from it or be a man about it. In reality I have been trying to give you a chance to save face and earn some respect from the other posters here.

It is clear you don't want their respect and prefer to be the target. Since this is what you obviously want you need to quit whining about it. You get exactly what you ask for.

"Freakin' Hos" has nothing to do with it. It's just a fact that when men admit when they are wrong people give them respect. If you don't want respect that's your business.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Hos,I challenge you that JJ will have 170-200 yards this week...

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You know it is amazing what some people can hear....if they actually listen instead of go into battle mode.

BTW...that was not a one sided comment. :cool:

blindzebra

Reaction score
Hostile said:
1 down, 1 to go.

I wonder when you will undestand what I have been saying about the 4-3, 3-4, 46, etc.

Are you under some kind of delusion that only the 46 and 3-4 can play extra men in the box to create pressure?

Because if you are you are wrong. You can do it from a 3-4, a 4-3, a 46, a nickel, a dime, a zone blitz. There is no limitation to how you can attack. It doesn't require a certain scheme to do it. If you want to do it right you need the right personnel. Whoops there's that word again.

That is my only gripe with your contentions Nors. Please understand that. I am all in favor of a 3-4 schemed defense. Just get the personnel to make it a good one.

In my opinion our 3 starting LBs would be lost in a 3-4 and we would lose our best DL in La'Roi Glover. He is not a NT in a 3-4 and at DE his best attributes at DT will be lost.

Take a close look at the Oakland Raiders Nors. Warren Sapp, one of the great DTs in NFL History is now a DE in a 3-4 for Ted Washington can be the NT in a 3-4. Sapp look like he's setting the world on fire to you? What about the Oakland defense overall?

A wholesale switch without the right personnel and we will be as bad as Oakland is right now. Maybe worse because they were closer personnel wise than we are because their LBs are bigger.

We are closer to an effective 4-3 than we are an effective 3-4. I'm sorry that this is the truth but it just is. Scott Shanle and Ryan Fowler are not the answers at LB and destroying our most effective DL in Glover just doesn't excite me

I like the 3-4. I always have. But without the right personnel it is a horrible defense. That is a fact. It is known for being weak against the run and in the NFC East that is suicide.

My obstinance over the 46 and 3-4 stuff and why I bring it back up is really quite simple. You made a statement that is 100% false and you won't back away from it or be a man about it. In reality I have been trying to give you a chance to save face and earn some respect from the other posters here.

It is clear you don't want their respect and prefer to be the target. Since this is what you obviously want you need to quit whining about it. You get exactly what you ask for.

"Freakin' Hos" has nothing to do with it. It's just a fact that when men admit when they are wrong people give them respect. If you don't want respect that's your business.

We have 2 players getting regular playing time that have 3-4 bodies Coleman and James. We'd lose our 3 best front 7 players Glover, Ellis and Dat by switching to a 3-4.

Our base D is a 4-3 speed defense, which is so FAR away from a 3-4 it's scary.

We don't have a 320+ pound DT, we don't have any 300 pound DEs, and we don't have any 250 pound LBs.

Compare the playing weights of NE's front 7 and our front 7, this argument should end right there.

The Patriots front seven (and some reserves) stack up like this when compared with our guys:

DE Richard Seymour 6-6 310 DE Greg Ellis 6-6 267-275
DE Ty Warren 6-4 320 DE Eric Ogbogu 6-4 270
DE Marquise Hill 6-6 297 DE Kenyon Coleman 6-5 285

NT Keith Traylor 6-2 340 DT Leonardo Carson 6-2 305
NT Vince Wilfork 6-1 330 DT La'Roi Glover 6-2 285

OLB Willie McGinest 6-5 270 OLB Dexter Coakley 5-10 236
OLB Mike Vrabel 6-4 261 OLB Al Singleton 6-2 228
OLB Rosevelt Colvin 6-3 245 OLB Bradie James 6-2 240
OLB Tully Banta-Cain 6-2 250 OLB Kalen Thornton 6-3 250

ILB Ted Johnson 6-4 253 ILB(MLB) Dat Nguyen 5-11 243
ILB Tedy Bruschi 6-1 245 ILB Ryan Fowler 6-3 240
ILB Roman Phifer 6-4 248

This came from another forum and poster.

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Reality said:
So .. I have to ask, Nors ..

Is your cup half full or half empty?

Whahahahahahaha ...

It's about to be a little fuller, my bladder is getting full.

Nors, may I?

How do I spell relief?

N-O-R-S C-U-P. :D

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Tio said:
Hos,I challenge you that JJ will have 170-200 yards this week...
I'll accept the challenge and hope that you win the Cup.

If he gets over 200 I will still honor this challenge.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Well, I can say I've done more than the Eagles have.

hostiletrophy8xx.jpg

trophyiggles8td.gif

Courtesy of Trickblue

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
The current reigning champ seeks a new challenge to the "Cup."

Place your bets.

crowavatar8lv.jpg

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Hostile said:
The current reigning champ seeks a new challenge to the "Cup."

Place your bets.

crowavatar8lv.jpg

I the cowboys will beat the eagles... sometime within this millenium.

:iggles: