Nors Dallas Mock

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
TheCount;2041668 said:
I like your mock, Home.

Thanks man.

I see your Woodhead pick, I think we have the same philosophy later in the draft.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
theogt;2041634 said:
YOU are kidding, right? This is an excellent mock for us.

Completely unrealistic? Yes.

Favorable to us? Absolutely.

I was commenting on the "unrealistic" part... LOL...

silverbear

Reaction score
Biggems;2041656 said:
i hope Silver doesnt comment on mine..........might bring me to tears.

I like yours... so put up that hanky...

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
silverbear;2041691 said:
I like yours... so put up that hanky...

you only like mine cause half the players are from the state of TX.....

hey, got any info on QB Nick Hill - Southern Illinois

silverbear

Reaction score
Biggems;2041703 said:
you only like mine cause half the players are from the state of TX.....

You know me too well... :D

Hey, the best high school and college football in the world is played in the state of Texas... the Sooners couldn't field a football team if it wasn't for the state of Texas...

hey, got any info on QB Nick Hill - Southern Illinois

You guys have GOT to stop coming up with these ultra-obscure players, now I'm gonna have to go do some research... LOL...

OK, damn you, I'm back... here's what I've learned:

The guy has good size (6-3, 220 pounds), and adequate but not great speed (4.8-4.85 second 40s)... he led the Salukis to one of their best seasons ever in 2007, but that was really the only year he put up good numbers... he went 258 of 361 (71.5 per cent), for 3175 yards in 14 games, 28 TD passes to 7 ints... those numbers are very good... he also showed a willingness to take off with the ball when things broke down, gaining 357 yards on the ground and scoring 4 more TDs... he is reportedly very good at the short passing game, he looks like he'd be well-suited to a West Coast offense...

However...

His marginal foot speed means he won't be the scrambling threat in the pros that he was in college... besides his terrific senior season, he really didn't do much the rest of his college career (but he started out playing basketball in college, at Western Kentucky IIRC)... his mechanics, especially his footwork, need a lot of work...

But most of all, he has a rather weak arm by NFL standards... he played in the Texas Versus the Nation all-star game in El Paso, and was just awful in practice, routinely one-hopping deep outs, that sort of thing...

In spite of his good numbers in 2007, I don't think he has much of a shot in the NFL... his chances are about as good as Ricky Santos' are, which means he may have to learn to speak Canadian...

Now, if you ask me about Joe Blftzpk from Podunk U., I'm gonna have to hurt you... ;)

silverbear

Reaction score
theogt;2041844 said:
Oh...fair enough. Carry on then. :D

To tell the truth, I think Nors deliberately made his mock ridiculous... I'm reminded of Robin Williams' bit about the Scot who invented the bagpipes:

"Aye, I'm in a mood to invent a musical instrument today; it should be something really disgoosting, something that will really piss people off"...

Nors:

"I feel like posting a completely ludicrous mock draft, see how many people I can annoy"...

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2041651 said:
I strenuously object

put him in the slot and he'll be wreaking havoc all day

DeSean Jackson flat out is uncoverable there. He is a flat out weapon that gets separation and can outrun anyone. He also has great hands. He will be a 1st round pick - JMO early 20's

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear;2041846 said:
To tell the truth, I think Nors deliberately made his mock ridiculous... I'm reminded of Robin Williams' bit about the Scot who invented the bagpipes:

"Aye, I'm in a mood to invent a musical instrument today; it should be something really disgoosting, something that will really piss people off"...

Nors:

"I feel like posting a completely ludicrous mock draft, see how many people I can annoy"...

Just like we would not draft TE Round 2 a few years back - rediculous

See Fassano pick.

Just like it was rediculous Romo was better than Henson - rediculous!

I like my draft - lets see how it plays out

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Nors;2041923 said:

See Fassano pick.

Just like it was rediculous Romo was better than Henson - rediculous!

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Nors;2041918 said:
DeSean Jackson flat out is uncoverable there. He is a flat out weapon that gets separation and can outrun anyone. He also has great hands. He will be a 1st round pick - JMO early 20's

yet antoine cason covered him like a blanket

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Manwiththeplan;2042037 said:
he didn't go to usc

I concur.........he didnt go to either USC.....the one on Cali or the one in Carolina.....

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Everybody likes to bag on Nors (and usually deservedly so), but I'd definitely take a flyer on Santos later Day 2 or as an UDFA.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
junk;2042108 said:
Everybody likes to bag on Nors (and usually deservedly so), but I'd definitely take a flyer on Santos later Day 2 or as an UDFA.

why........cause u are all for having noodle armed backups?

give me Josh Johnson anyday of the week and twice on Sunday over Santos

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Biggems;2042112 said:
why........cause u are all for having noodle armed backups?

give me Josh Johnson anyday of the week and twice on Sunday over Santos
I'd be happy with either. I think Johnson's going to go earlier, though, so Santos would be the better pick for us.

silverbear

Reaction score
Nors;2041918 said:

And yet, he averaged under 12 yards per catch; doesn't sound like he put up too much in the way of YAC to me... hell, he wasn't even his team's leading receiver last year, that would be Lavelle Hawkins...

As for his "great hands", every scouting report I've read mentions that he has a problems with the drops... here's what NFL Draft Countdown lists as his negatives:

Undersized and doesn't have the bulk you look for...Inconsistent and disappeared from games at times...Is not very strong or physical...Will drop the occasional ball due to lack of focus...A sub par blocker...Can still improve as a route runner...May have some typical star receiver character concerns...Durability might be a concern.

NFL Draft Bible has this to say about his negatives:

Cons: While Jackson has done a good job of bulking up, he needs to add more if he is going to be a playmaker or even contribute on offense. Durability is an issue. Even if he does bulk up, don’t expect him to run over many defenders or to be listed among the top blocking wide receivers. Jackson needs to work on his route running skills after relying too much on his raw athleticism to beat defensive backs in the Pac-10, which will not be enough at the next level. He was not the most consistent receiver while at Cal, at times dropping the easy pass and disappearing in games when he was not involved early. Jackson has allegedley been flagged by NFL personnel for having questionable character.

CBS Sports describes his negatives this way:

Had no injury problems until 2007, but with his small frame, he might not be able to withstand constant punishment in the many roles he plays and might be better served concentrating on receiving with limited involvement on special teams … Has very good speed, but is still a bit raw running routes and must improve his transition a bit … Is a willing blocker, but with his lack of bulk, he is risking further injury and also gets pushed back into the pocket too much when asked to block in-line (seems slow to fit and drop weight in front of the defender for better side and mirror) … Has an array of moves to get a clean release, but must keep his hands active when a press-coverage defender attacks his body … Has great confidence in his skills, but he'll be encouraged to quiet the on-field chatter at the next level, as physical defenders will make him pay … Relies on his quickness to get to the ball, but must show more aggression combating for the high throws in a crowd and hears footsteps …

Football's Future puts it this way:

Size is the major issue with Jackson. He does not appear to be as big as his listed size. He lacks the bulk to go over the middle and take a hit, and can be taken out of a play by physical corners. His height is also only average, and he may have trouble going up and getting the ball against corners because of his overall lack of size.

These are concerns that won't matter all that much as a punt returner, but as a receiver, he will never be good in the NFL... at his size, ALL he's capable of being is a slot receiver, but slot receivers need to run precise routes, which he does not, and they need to catch everything thrown their way, which he does not... they also need to be able to work the middle of the field, and that's not his thing, really...

Indeed, the ability to make the highlight reel catch, then drop an easy throw, makes him sound like a smaller Brandon Lloyd (especially when CBS Sports talks about "hearing footsteps")... throw in the character and durability issues, and this is a first rounder??

Not if I'm drafting, he's not... I have no use for small WRs who can't block, and lack focus... and I'm not drafting a kick returner in the first round...

If you were talking about Jackson in the third or fourth round, his potential on special teams would justify that, and anything he gave a team as a receiver would be a bonus...

silverbear

Reaction score
Nors;2041923 said:

See Fassano pick.

"Rediculous"?? "Fassano"??

The fact that we already HAVE a Fasano, and a Witten, and a Curtis, and a Hannah, all of whom the Boys like, should tell you that if they were to draft a TE at all, it will only be in the later rounds...

Your draft is "rediculous"...

silverbear

Reaction score
Nors;2041923 said:

See Fassano pick.

"Rediculous"?? "Fassano"??

And who in God's name is "Amodel"??

You want us to think you're some kind of draft expert, some kind of Cowboys' expert, but you don't even know the players' NAMES... LOL...

The fact that we already HAVE a Fasano, and a Witten, and a Curtis, and a Hannah, all of whom the Boys like, should tell you that if they were to draft a TE at all, it will only be in the later rounds...

When we drafted Fasano, the only surprise was drafting a TE that high... we had little in the way of depth behind Witten at that point; now, we have all the quality depth at TE that a team could possibly want...

But if the Boys DID go TE early, it would likely be one of the two TEs that we know they've shown some interest in, Martellus Bennett or Fred Davis... you see, Rucker pretty much sucks as a blocker, which is a basic part of being a TE...

Your draft is "rediculous"...