Not a QB debate, but I was looking up Game Logs

Status
Not open for further replies.

DuceizBak

Reaction score
Ended up on Carson Wentz...I looked at the Eagles/Cowboys game because I didn't finish it and assumed Wentz just killed us all game.

Nope..
14/27 for a 52 completion percentage...with a whopping 168 yards for a 6.2 Yards per attempt, his second lowest (only next to NYG 5.7 Y/a]
Not saying Dak is as good or Wentz, cause right now I think Wentz is better atm, just makes me anxious and happy to see how our defense improves this year.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Ended up on Carson Wentz...I looked at the Eagles/Cowboys game because I didn't finish it and assumed Wentz just killed us all game.

Nope..
14/27 for a 52 completion percentage...with a whopping 168 yards for a 6.2 Yards per attempt, his second lowest (only next to NYG 5.7 Y/a]
Not saying Dak is as good or Wentz, cause right now I think Wentz is better atm, just makes me anxious and happy to see how our defense improves this year.
At this point the chatter about if Dak is a franchise QB or not is largely just noise. We'll find out in a few weeks if he can put up, or if we're going back into rebuilding mode.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I don’t think the gap between Wentz and Dak is as great as ppl make it out to be. Maybe that will change for me this year...

Based on last year the gap is more than big enough. Wentz was one pace for a season that only a handful of QBs have ever had. Dak played pretty average. May as well say the gap between Bledsoe and Romo wasn't all that big because - production wise - that's where we are at.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score

Nope..
That's because Wentz is highly overrated and most base their opinion on him because of arm strength and not actually skill. His accuracy is terrible, bad decision making skills, struggles going through progressions, doesn't throw the ball with touch but instead tried to rocket every pass and crumbles in clutch situations. I rather have Dak who is much more durable and a much better leader. Dak has accomplished more with less talent and less coaching.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
The majority of the Dak hate stemmed from Romo love. To highlight how much of a joke this particular group of posters are just consider this, they see no value in Dak whatsoever but saw potential in Cooper Rush. They should just create a new account and start over because they are forever tarnished.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The majority of the Dak hate stemmed from Romo love. To highlight how much of a joke this particular group of posters are just consider this, they see no value in Dak whatsoever but saw potential in Cooper Rush. They should just create a new account and start over because they are forever tarnished.
Or they can start following another team since Dak is not going anywhere anytime soon.

millennial_legend

Reaction score
Based on last year the gap is more than big enough. Wentz was one pace for a season that only a handful of QBs have ever had. Dak played pretty average. May as well say the gap between Bledsoe and Romo wasn't all that big because - production wise - that's where we are at.
But the gap between Dak and Wentz was just as great in 2016... IN FAVOR OF DAK.

So I wouldn't pick one over the other at the moment. Dak won 2016, Wentz won last year.

Last year, the stars aligned for the Eagles. Sure Wentz made plays, but the Eagles were stacked both in player personnel and in superior coaching, from top to bottom, so much that when even when Wentz himself went down, they were still able to steamroll to the title.

millennial_legend

Reaction score
That's because it isn't. Dak is undervalued in here.
This. I hate the ******* recency effect. People just completely forget 2016 and only focus on last year. Dak did nothing to lose to Green Bay... the pass rush couldn't get home, the refs missed a blatant hold and the coverage couldn't hold up on 3rd & 20. The score was ********* 34 to 31, for crying out loud. Dak's only pick that game was on a jumped screen pass... how often does that happen?

gmoney112

Reaction score

Nope..

Correct. Their run game and defense did most of the damage.

Better secondary play and pass rush will obviously help, but Lee was out and Hitchens left at halftime. The athleticism at LB this season, imo, will be a significant difference, especially matched up against them.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
I’d give the nod to Wentz right now....his mechanics are much more tight. He’s a real specimen alright. Big,mobile,with a powerful arm. We’ll see how Dak responds after the poor season last year. Long as he’s not shooting those Kobe Bryant corner buzzer beater jumpers off his back foot for a pick six...he should be alright. I don’t know how many of you have actually seen him in practice,but he’s a very underrated athlete. Can do the splits and bounce around no problem,and strong and flexible with great balance,and pass from both sides of the field. Just think he needs to tighten up things overall,and could be a much much better QB. He’s got the intangibles most players at the position don’t have. Has a good grasp for the game,is loose and upbeat,and doesn’t let negative stuff keep him down. I honestly don’t think too many QBs would have come out of that awful 3 game loss stretch last year,and kept grinding away to finish with a decent record. That’s not easy to do,especially when it’s the most scrutinized sports position in the world being you’re the QB of “The Dallas Cowboys.” ...and got a staff that turns 1+1 situations into a geometrical engineeering equation.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
"Wentz has a ring"...that some other QB won for Wentz in the playoffs. Since Wentz has a ring, does that mean he's better than someone like Romo who put up similar numbers and wins in his 2nd season as a starter back in 2007?
Yea usually that makes a big difference to me but the guy didn't even play in the SB. Garrett has a ring too. lol

superonyx

Reaction score
Wentz has an offensive minded coach that made Nick Foles out perform Tom Brady and win Super Bowl MVP.

Put Wentz with Linehan and Garrett and then we can know how great he is.

Goff was the biggest draft bust until McVey came and put him in a good offense.

There is a reason Wentzs offensive coordinator got a HC job while ours got help from Sanjay Lal.

Status
Not open for further replies.