Not a QB debate, but I was looking up Game Logs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadenough

Reaction score
What have they done? He was playing good ball up through the last 8 games of '17. Are D coordinators so slow to adapt that they didn't figure him out for a yea and a half?
It started in 2016 when the Giants and Vikings gave Dak problems then Denver showed aggressive man to man coverage and crowding the box and Dak couldn't beat the over the top. Zeke has 9 Yds rushing. Not every team has the personel to do this but the better teams with defenses did it. Seattle even did it. Dak has to make those throws over top of the LBs down the middle and the deeper sideline throws to back defenses up. Man to man is bothering him too because it means there is a tighter window to throw into instead of the WR sitting down in a zone.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
It started in 2016 when the Giants and Vikings gave Dak problems then Denver showed aggressive man to man coverage and crowding the box and Dak couldn't beat the over the top. Zeke has 9 Yds rushing. Not every team has the personel to do this but the better teams with defenses did it. Seattle even did it. Dak has to make those throws over top of the LBs down the middle and the deeper sideline throws to back defenses up. Man to man is bothering him too because it means there is a tighter window to throw into instead of the WR sitting down in a zone.

So three teams employed this tactic effectively? Sorry, I'm dubious. He went over 268/300 yards and 1/3 TD on the Giants last year in respective meetings winning both games on a team that figured him out.

Hadenough

Reaction score
So three teams employed this tactic effectively? Sorry, I'm dubious. He went over 268/300 yards and 1/3 TD on the Giants last year in respective meetings winning both games on a team that figured him out.
Giants were a dumpster fire with that awful head coach last year. The ball is in Daks court because the last game he played he really struggled against a team that had no motivation and was playing it's back ups.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Giants were a dumpster fire with that awful head coach last year. The ball is in Daks court because the last game he played he really struggled against a team that had no motivation and was playing it's back ups.

That's fair, but I think the Cowboys had their own motivational issues last year---the Zeke situation, Dez, the burning of Atlanta. I believe the moral and new coaching will make a notable difference this year.

Hadenough

Reaction score
That's fair, but I think the Cowboys had their own motivational issues last year---the Zeke situation, Dez, the burning of Atlanta. I believe the moral and new coaching will make a notable difference this year.
Man I hope so! i hope Dak works out because it's a win situation because I really do think the defense is going to be better than most think.

Ken

Reaction score
Dak has made more of his comeback opportunities than Wentz has so far in their careers and should be congratulated on that.

And if Wentz continues to have less opportunities for 4th comebacks thanks to 2nd-team All-Pro level play, I am fine with that.
You mean having super bowl winning talent around him?

Having an actual defense? How come he isn't penalized by everyone for that and Dak is crucified for having a has been TE, a washed up WR and a great RB?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Obviously, HE, you and several others have not paid attention to Dak's performance during this year's training camp and preseason. He has been accomplishing pretty much everything you have questioned about him.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Obviously, HE, you and several others have not paid attention to Dak's performance during this year's training camp and preseason. He has been accomplishing pretty much everything you have questioned about him.
Yes he has been working on it and I like the progression training he has done. The next step is applying it in regular season games. When ever you have certain tendencies that you lean on under pressure its not easy to broaden your options and fight that urge not to throw the ball into tighter coverage farther down the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.