Not excited about the season at all

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You really have no clue if you think Cooper was a cancer. You obviously don’t know what the word means when describing a player. I’ve been following the Cowboys since 1972 and I’ve never seen them take such a hit on one side of the ball. They’ll be opening the season against Tampa with five starters gone from last year on offense plus they lost a significant role player in Cedrick Wilson. The Cowboys could field a high school JV squad in the opener and you would criticize anyone who didn’t like their chances.
He was a cancer. That’s why they got rid of him.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He was a cancer. That’s why they got rid of him.

You’re completely lost! :laugh: They moved on from him mainly because of money. They didn’t feel his production added up to what he was being paid. Plus Jerry didn’t like the reason he missed a couple of games last season.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You’re completely lost! :laugh: They moved on from him mainly because of money. They didn’t feel his production added up to what he was being paid. Plus Jerry didn’t like the reason he missed a couple of games last season.
That’s being a cancer. Sets a bad example to the young receivers. It’s ok to disagree.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I feel sorry for you. From the beginnings in the 60’s to the sorrow of the 80’s and through the past two decades, I’m always excited to see the Cowboys run out to the field every year, win or lose. Maybe next year you’ll feel that again.
You mean you're not gonna let some strange miserable dude on the internet ruin your 60 years of being a fan? Well alright then!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
4th stringer. Big loss. :laugh:
Right, but if he was still on the team and someone said something negative about him, you'd be calling them a troll. He had a role on the team, and he was underused. He was dependable, and brought an unpredictable aspect to the offense when he was on the field.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Right, but if he was still on the team and someone said something negative about him, you'd be calling them a troll. He had a role on the team, and he was underused. He was dependable, and brought an unpredictable aspect to the offense when he was on the field.
He’s a good player but they got several that are like him or better.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He’s a good player but they got several that are like him or better.
None that can throw the ball as well, which is a good wrinkle to have, and one they should've used more, IMO. Also, I'm not sure they replaced his route running with anyone either. Turpin is fast, but we haven't seen him do much as a receiver.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
None that can throw the ball as well, which is a good wrinkle to have, and one they should've used more, IMO. Also, I'm not sure they replaced his route running with anyone either. Turpin is fast, but we haven't seen him do much as a receiver.
He ain’t worth 7+ mil a season.

Hardline

Reaction score
This is probably the least excited I’ve been for a season in a good while.

The roster has regressed.

The front office did next to nothing this off-season.

It’s just a bunch of blah and Dallas made no real effort to improve at all.

Im sure they’ll force feed Zeke even though Pollard is clearly better and Dak will get every excuse in the world for not being anything special while getting a special contract.

The only hope is some superstar guys coming out of nowhere but after Tyron Smiths injury it just feels like a typical Cowboys season incoming.
Pretty much sums it up for most of us.

Hadenough

Reaction score
This is probably the least excited I’ve been for a season in a good while.

The roster has regressed.

The front office did next to nothing this off-season.

It’s just a bunch of blah and Dallas made no real effort to improve at all.

Im sure they’ll force feed Zeke even though Pollard is clearly better and Dak will get every excuse in the world for not being anything special while getting a special contract.

The only hope is some superstar guys coming out of nowhere but after Tyron Smiths injury it just feels like a typical Cowboys season incoming.
Do what I do! Mix in some of the Bills, Chiefs, Chargers games and enjoy the QB play.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I don’t think they lost much talent, if any. Cooper was a cancer. Gregory was a cancer. Addition by subtraction so we can agree to disagree on that.
I do agree that I don't think they dropped much if at all in talent level. But I think Cooper became lazy or disinterested too often. I always said he was lacking that eye of the tiger. Gregory was a pot head from the word go. I never liked the fact he wouldn't put down the pipe for Dallas and thought he should of been cut by Jerry. Not reliable at all and glad to see they didn't give him big money. Let someone else deal with him, maybe he works out better in Denver but he was coddled by Jerry too much here.